The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

23 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Hope everyone is well miss the old diamonds games the odd moan even settle for 3 5 2 with Robert's on the bench eh!!!.  

Had a brief look at the other threads and thank f+++ I'm an Airdrie fan ... some of the posts suggest they have been isolated to long from the real world.

Anyway rant over keep safe ♦️

Keeping safe indeed and rewriting some of my adventures this season, as well as reading my long list of unread books. I even watched Scotland's loss to Kazakhstan last night and surely things can only get better? Our chats on real games are a miss . Take care

On 17/03/2020 at 16:24, airdrieman said:

Think you can scrub the go fund option from the trust as the club has made it very clear they don't want nothing from this avenue. Sad really.

7 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Think you can scrub the go fund option from the trust as the club has made it very clear they don't want nothing from this avenue. Sad really.

Where has this been stated,  heard about the upcoming membership club. The trusts go fund me has came out the blue, has it been announced in any channels, maybe that is why donations are so low...........    If the Trust is not there to aid the club in there hour of need there is no point in having it......  No egos or dick swinging please......

Scrolling through the You Tube archives yesterday, to get my Saturday football fix, and came across a 2-2 draw with Celtic at Parkhead, with Billy McPheat and Davie Marshal scoring and big McNeil going tonto at the linesman, when he had a goal disallowed for offside right at the end.

20 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

13 hours ago, Passionate said:

Where has this been stated,  heard about the upcoming membership club. The trusts go fund me has came out the blue, has it been announced in any channels, maybe that is why donations are so low...........    If the Trust is not there to aid the club in there hour of need there is no point in having it......  No egos or dick swinging please......

I believe that the Trust have closed the page and will be sending the money directly to the club's bank account after it was requested donations be made straight to the club rather than through any 3rd parties. The club are accepting direct donations and hopefully they will announce the details of the membership club soon. 

38 minutes ago, Rio 2 said:

Scrolling through the You Tube archives yesterday, to get my Saturday football fix, and came across a 2-2 draw with Celtic at Parkhead, with Billy McPheat and Davie Marshal scoring and big McNeil going tonto at the linesman, when he had a goal disallowed for offside right at the end.

This came up on my Facebook feed yesterday and I will be watching it every day* of self-isolation. 

Every hour*. 

From what was posted, the Trust set the go fund me up but the club told them soon after that they didn’t want funds through any third parties. It was therefore closed (and never really had the chance to be pushed).

4 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Interesting interview with former player and coach Kenny Brannigan. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51552821 

Seems to have gone through a rough patch but glad he's made it to the other side. 

It was indeed a good read. I think Kenny was one of the four red cards for Stranraer at Broadwood in late 1994 when having scored first, they were eventually beaten 8-1? He was a tough character of the old school. Glad to see he has recovered.

30 years ago today since that clash in Perth in the 89-90 season

Not the result your fans would have wanted but what a great game. That Airdrie team were superb.

Saints have put the BBC highlights online today . (Link on club twitter)

One question  both teams could ask are where are all the fans eho packed out McDiarmid that day. Airdrie had all the north stand and 1/3 of the main stand .

At times it was Saints v John Martin .

6 hours ago, DiamondJack85 said:

New club membership scheme launched by the club.

https://www.airdriefc.com/club1924

A great way to support the club financially especially over the next few months whilst getting a little something back in return.

Will certainly do it but wondering which head and shoulders photo shows my best looks!

On 31/03/2020 at 23:44, realmadrid said:

30 years ago today since that clash in Perth in the 89-90 season

Not the result your fans would have wanted but what a great game. That Airdrie team were superb.

Saints have put the BBC highlights online today . (Link on club twitter)

One question  both teams could ask are where are all the fans eho packed out McDiarmid that day. Airdrie had all the north stand and 1/3 of the main stand .

At times it was Saints v John Martin .

I see St Johnstone have put up a 30 minute documentary about the game on their website. That's my football fix for the weekend sorted. https://tv.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/666 

It was before my time but it's always a game that's been talked of and remembered fondly despite the result. I suppose due to the sense of occasion, the game itself, John Martin's performance and Stevie Gray's goal. 10,000 at a St Johnstone v Airdrie game would be incomprehensible in the top flight these days let alone the second tier. 

I think the contrasting fortunes of both clubs since then is a microcosm on how to manage a stadium move and how to run a football club. 

We'll hopefully see you soon though (after a double promotion). 

23 hours ago, DiamondJack85 said:

New club membership scheme launched by the club.

https://www.airdriefc.com/club1924

A great way to support the club financially especially over the next few months whilst getting a little something back in return.

Great idea. Will be signing up ASAP. Excellent way to support the club in this difficult time and decent perks too.