The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

9 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

That's why Facebook should be avoided. Roasters.

To be honest, we're chasing up teams with bigger budgets, we're nip and tuck (mostly get to f**k tuck).....who'd have not taken that at the start of the season?

With the exception of Alloa and Arbroath who have done well on smaller budgets ,old story steam of good part timers will beat a team of bad full time or hybrid ,Airdrie have proved that in the past ,

All football has been postponed until further notice.    From professional leagues to grassroots.     Discussions will be had shortly do decide on the best way to finish the league season.   

Looks as if the talk is for the postponement to be the minimum of 4 weeks.   I think the club like most will be struggling with no cash coming in from games. 

Obviously nobody knows for sure how long this is going to last, but at least at this stage - at this stage - the club is framing it in terms of next season's budget, not of the club's survival.   That may not be the case for some other clubs, sadly.   And since this is not a club-specific issue, but something that's hitting the whole country and surely every business to a greater or lesser degree, the capacity of local businesses to step in and invest,  take on sponsorship etc is going to be pretty severely curtailed, you'd think.   That was probably already going to be the case with Brexit impacting businesses, this compounds that.

Edited by Tulloch Gorum

Aye,  it is quite reassuring, at least for now, to see the club discussing this as having knock on effects on the budget next season, rather than suggesting there is any danger in the immediate term. Here's hoping.

It's a situation that will be fluid for the foreseeable, so we shall but see. 

We could be looking at a rather unusual set up in whatever form 'season 2020/21' takes. Most importantly, hope everyone stays well; look after yersels and each other in the short term and we'll see where we are in a few weeks time. 

Airdrie for the cup ♦️

Struggle to see how this season will get completed. I know there are many hidden income/costs on matchdays but in simple terms we only have 3 home games left, all against sides with virtually no away support. I don't know how many season ticket holders we have (300 odd?) which means we only get 300 odd paying customers a game. So we're missing out on 900 gate receipts, average ticket price maybe £12 or £13 so at least £10,000 loss assuming the season is written off. And assuming that season ticket holders don't ask for their share back (which they would be entitled to). It would be a nice gesture by fans if they could overlook that and see it as a donation to help the club. Plus the probable loss of play-off gate receipts which is more significant, although I don't know how much the club would have banked on them.

Whilst that amount is clearly a big hit, you'd hope that it would just mean a couple of less players next year and that cup gate receipts is this year may have helped us with that. On the positive, it could have been a lot worse - most clubs have 4 or even 5 home games, some against sides that bring big away supports. We also aren't that likely to go up anyway and the club, whilst hoping for promotion, would surely have been anticipating probably still being in League One next year anyway. You'd think this will impact the likes of Falkirk a lot more in this regard. The fact we also have a decent proportion of the squad signed up for next year will also give us some stability if the fixtures and dates are changed over the summer and into next season.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

25 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Struggle to see how this season will get completed. I know there are many hidden income/costs on matchdays but in simple terms we only have 3 home games left, all against sides with virtually no away support. I don't know how many season ticket holders we have (300 odd?) which means we only get 300 odd paying customers a game. So we're missing out on 900 gate receipts, average ticket price maybe £12 or £13 so at least £10,000 loss assuming the season is written off. And assuming that season ticket holders don't ask for their share back (which they would be entitled to). It would be a nice gesture by fans if they could overlook that and see it as a donation to help the club. Plus the probable loss of play-off gate receipts which is more significant, although I don't know how much the club would have banked on them.

Whilst that amount is clearly a big hit, you'd hope that it would just mean a couple of less players next year and that cup gate receipts is this year may have helped us with that. On the positive, it could have been a lot worse - most clubs have 4 or even 5 home games, some against sides that bring big away supports. We also aren't that likely to go up anyway and the club, whilst hoping for promotion, would surely have been anticipating probably still being in League One next year anyway. You'd think this will impact the likes of Falkirk a lot more in this regard. The fact we also have a decent proportion of the squad signed up for next year will also give us some stability if the fixtures and dates are changed over the summer and into next season.

I'd be willing to still hand over my £51, as a pay at the gate supporter, if it comes to it and the club needs some support from more than just season ticket holders not wanting a refund. 

We are going to have to wait and see but we could be in for a very truncated season if we get any sort of closure to the season at all. The longer we go on, the harder it will be on the club as it continues to go without income. When you consider the annual churn of players going out of contract over the summer, as well, it's going to get quite messy if it lasts as long as it looks like lasting.  The securing of a number of players on extended contracts earlier in the season looks even more sensible in hindsight. 

Long way to go yet, but you'd hope we get a clearer picture in the next 4 weeks or so. 

On 14/03/2020 at 00:10, diamondman said:

Little consolation for a dire situation.

Hope you are all well. I also hope your not too disturbed by the who should win the league or relegation posts on other threads.  Difficult time for all. 

There will be a lot of clubs seriously struggling be better planning to help them and move forward. 

Missed the footie, still was in a well known supermarket on Saturday and theres folk scrapping over loo roll lol♦️

Think the membership scheme is an excellent idea going forward. Would be interesting to see what benefits members will get but even if they are minimal I'm sure there will be many willing to donate through the scheme purely to fund the club's progress.

On 17/03/2020 at 16:28, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Think the membership scheme is an excellent idea going forward. Would be interesting to see what benefits members will get but even if they are minimal I'm sure there will be many willing to donate through the scheme purely to fund the club's progress.

Since I will be saving money as I get locked in, I would certainly endorse a membership scheme. I have written of the idea of getting any season ticket refund since that did finance much of the current league position. What I can give I will.

On 18/03/2020 at 20:50, Chapelhall chap said:

Since I will be saving money as I get locked in, I would certainly endorse a membership scheme. I have written of the idea of getting any season ticket refund since that did finance much of the current league position. What I can give I will.

Hope everyone is well miss the old diamonds games the odd moan even settle for 3 5 2 with Robert's on the bench eh!!!.  

Had a brief look at the other threads and thank f+++ I'm an Airdrie fan ... some of the posts suggest they have been isolated to long from the real world.

Anyway rant over keep safe ♦️