The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

38 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I think you might be right sadly but will be interesting to see what comes of Hawkshaw as he seems to have totally fallen out of favour too and this seems a like-for-like replacement. For what it's worth I'd rather both Roberts and Hawkshaw got game time over Roy, Thomson and Wedderburn who, for whatever reason, seem to be the only subs Murray is willing to bring on. 

Hopefully there are no movements "out" tonight, you never know though.  But Roberts and sadly Hawkshaws days look numbered....

52 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Hopefully there are no movements "out" tonight, you never know though.  But Roberts and sadly Hawkshaws days look numbered....

It’s not Roberts ability, must be the manager is not happy with his attitude within the squad , hope I’m wrong ,would like to see him start against rovers .

58 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I think you could be right though much rather have Robert's in tomorrow young Innes may be a decent player but would be a bit of a risk to find out tomorrow. 

Looking at the Airdrie v Raith ..or the 2and Raith thread it seems, we were all buzzing till the Clyde game now seems a bit flat waiting to see what the manager does next. While us lot dont agree on everything there is the same feeling of a certain game plan and players we think should start I just hope after last week Murray can see this too and get the best players a passing game and stop this hoof up the park. I am ever an Airdrie optimist but if he gets it wrong tomorrow we will get gubbed. Let's hope for  some attacking football get the fans up for it and a positive result would set us up nicely so 3 2 Airdrie... 

50 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

I think you could be right though much rather have Robert's in tomorrow young Innes may be a decent player but would be a bit of a risk to find out tomorrow. 

Looking at the Airdrie v Raith ..or the 2and Raith thread it seems, we were all buzzing till the Clyde game now seems a bit flat waiting to see what the manager does next. While us lot dont agree on everything there is the same feeling of a certain game plan and players we think should start I just hope after last week Murray can see this too and get the best players a passing game and stop this hoof up the park. I am ever an Airdrie optimist but if he gets it wrong tomorrow we will get gubbed. Let's hope for  some attacking football get the fans up for it and a positive result would set us up nicely so 3 2 Airdrie... 

Aye ,get some money on Ryan double 👌👌

I’d go for tomorrow

Hutts

McDonald Crighton Dycey Mcann

Miller

Smith Roberts Carrick

Gall Ryan

If he don’t go with that he’s not got a clue if McKay Kerr and miller are our midfielders expect long balls cause we ain’t playing through a midfield that can’t run and have a turning circle of a double decker

If that’s the team 2-1 Airdrie

If it’s a long ball team 3-0 Raith

19 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

I’d go for tomorrow

Hutts

McDonald Crighton Dycey Mcann

Miller

Smith Roberts Carrick

Gall Ryan

If he don’t go with that he’s not got a clue if McKay Kerr and miller are our midfielders expect long balls cause we ain’t playing through a midfield that can’t run and have a turning circle of a double decker

If that’s the team 2-1 Airdrie

If it’s a long ball team 3-0 Raith

That's a good shout.   I think McKay will play though.  Either right back or centre mid.  Manager seems to like him or maybe just the long throw.  In these games we seem to set up not to get beat rather than go for a win from the start.  We have had success in away games from a fast counter attack but a home when teams sit in more we dont go for them from the start.  I think the only way we are going to beat raith is to make them defend.   Work their goalkeeper.  If we sit back for a counter attack it's just asking for trouble with our obvious problems with crosses.    As the saying goes attack being the best form of defence.    I'd go with your line up as it wont be expected.    Maybe get your name in as Murray's replacement.  

2 hours ago, Moon said:

Get the impression that Hawkshaw isn't physical enough for Murray. I agree that the plan is to replace Roberts with Innes Murray so I'd imagine it'll be McKay, Millar, Murray today.

Aye Dennis Law was told the same ,to fragile and wore glasses , he turned out no bad .

9 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye Dennis Law was told the same ,to fragile and wore glasses , he turned out no bad .

This is true many fun days watching city at main road having a beer in the Denis law bar... that's not important right now ... 

Here we hours away from the most important game of the season so far in the 3rd quarter and we are all wondering what kind off team and system Murray will play says it all to me. Can only hope he sees sense and goes out to be positive as if we loose by a few today and we will if the selection and performance is  as bad last couple home games we could struggle from here on in.

As much as I wanted Hawkshaw to do well... I hate to break it to you but he's not the next Dennis Law. Thinks he's made that clear by struggling with every chance he's got and not even shining in the reserves.

2 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

This is true many fun days watching city at main road having a beer in the Denis law bar... that's not important right now ... 

Here we hours away from the most important game of the season so far in the 3rd quarter and we are all wondering what kind off team and system Murray will play says it all to me. Can only hope he sees sense and goes out to be positive as if we loose by a few today and we will if the selection and performance is  as bad last couple home games we could struggle from here on in.

I think with the players we are giving contract’s for another season ,looks like we are already planning for another season in this league ,

4 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

I don’t expect the team to change much from last week, we had 21 shots last week, convert a few of them and we win comfortably! 
Only things I’d change is Gallagher out for Roberts to get another midfielder in and Mcdonald for McKay 

Roberts back in starting line up,    No excuses time to perform....

I think with the players we are giving contract’s for another season ,looks like we are already planning for another season in this league ,

I think that's very harsh. With the exception of Thomson whose season has been hampered by an injury and Pyott who is clearly a young player for the future all of the players who have signed extended contracts have been regular first team players who have performed well.

14 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I think that's very harsh. With the exception of Thomson whose season has been hampered by an injury and Pyott who is clearly a young player for the future all of the players who have signed extended contracts have been regular first team players who have performed well.

Who in this team can move up ,harsh but true 

1 minute ago, Eric the half a b said:

Bewildered. Tactical masterclass in operation. If I gave an Airdrie player such a hard time as Murray gave Robert's I would be put out the ground.

A manager that makes it personal ,not good ,although some of the player are not good enough it will not matter ,manager will lose us the league 

1 minute ago, Jack Reed said:

A manager that makes it personal ,not good ,although some of the player are not good enough it will not matter ,manager will lose us the league 

I agree thought he was out of order today. To rub it in we were putting pressure on and he totally changed it for 2and half not a happy chappy tonight 

Murray is a numpty. That’s 3 games without a goal despite having somewhere in the region of 9 forwards on the park in the second half today. Never mind maybe we will get a shot on target next week.

Unless someone gets a grip soon we won’t even make the playoffs.