The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

The better long throws today came from their left back but like us they didn't score. The change in players and tactics looked good on paper but it certainly did not go well on the park. It was kinda back to the first few games of McKay at right back and although he broke through a few times in the first half there was nil from the 2nd half. He is a CB who does ok in a holding role and Kerr can't do what he does , so I think Murray got it wrong.  A top four spot seems the more likely this season but a second draw at home against Stranraer leaves most of us feeling down. At least we still have not lost 2 games in a row and East Fife also lost at Clyde. (Grasping at straws). 

4 minutes ago, airdrie_3 said:

His long throws don’t even make it past the first man, just stop playing him and bring in Nat just to try it out it can’t be any worse

Agree with McKay but unless you have two good midfielders to do the work for Natt it is worst or was worst at the start of the season cause although he can pass a decent ball he is too easily bypassed 

We’re 5 points off the top and have been brutal, shows how open the league is

Thing is, Falkirk are beginning, slowly to hit form. I’d have taken play offs at the start mind you so I’ve no problem with them winning the league.
Having said that, the worry is we hit a golden six or seven games. Outside of that we’ve not been great or have been average.
And today was really poor (bottom of the league ffs). No hiding from the fact we need to up it.

Agree I think we need a more attack minded midfielder a no 10 type,  not enough goals coming from midfield,  apart from MacKay,  Roberts in his role needs to score more or he could find a permanent home on the bench, Hope Ryan starts after all that's why we signed him....   After all the horse trading in the past few weeks and still to come,  I don't really see any change throughout the league, no team has really strengthened enough to push on,  

I believe Roberts has a recurring injury that's why he is not playing.

1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

Manager said he needed a rest. I think the manager needs a rest perhaps take few days off with a good book .. 

Hutton and McDonald getting a rest from the hectic Christmas schedule apparently, of 1 game a week...

He's been dropped, and Murray understandably is just trying to put a more positive spin on it for the players' sake.

No issue at all with Gallacher coming in to see if he can do better than Hutton, and makes sense to do it in today's game where he would have very little to do. Hutton has been okay this season, but Gallacher may offer more of a solution to us being rubbish at defending set-pieces.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Well that was a bit of a kick in the plums. Reminded me very much of the Forfar game where we were absolutely shite as well.

A couple of things that frustrated me:

1) Andy Ryan initially being played on the left side of midfield. What the bejesus is that all about? I get Murray wanted him on the pitch but you've got to play him in his best position.

2) Carrick being substituted (thought he was our most energetic player as usual)

3)  Our midfield. Anyone seen them?

4) Our ever more recurring hoof ball approach from the back (most likely due to point 3 above

Apart from that we were f*cking magnificent!

Well that was a bit of a kick in the plums. Reminded me very much of the Forfar game where we were absolutely shite as well.
A couple of things that frustrated me:
1) Andy Ryan initially being played on the left side of midfield. What the bejesus is that all about? I get Murray wanted him on the pitch but you've got to play him in his best position.
2) Carrick being substituted (thought he was our most energetic player as usual)
3)  Our midfield. Anyone seen them?
4) Our ever more recurring hoof ball approach from the back (most likely due to point 3 above
Apart from that we were f*cking magnificent!

When we get the ball down and play some football is when Kurtis,McKay and Millar is our three midfielders he used to take Roberts off at about 60-70 mins then we seem to lose any shape in the midfield and lose a goal late on the way I see it is IM is trying to set up not to lose and at home you need to be the dominant force because how are you meant to get fans through the door when your sitting in the freezing cold watching the home team sit in or hoof the ball up the park as for the statement in the Program,He must be on crack to be happy with that Squad,Our bench to day was Hutton,McDonald,Roberts,Wedderburn,Roy,Thomson and Hawkshaw,the last four on that list are stealing a wage and fans are calling for Wedderburn to be starting games the guy is slower than trigger came on today and was an absolute embarrassment to Airdrieonians football club and himself

THINK ON MURRAY AND MILLER

#Freeroberts

9 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

When we get the ball down and play some football is when Kurtis,McKay and Millar is our three midfielders he used to take Roberts off at about 60-70 mins then we seem to lose any shape in the midfield and lose a goal late on the way I see it is IM is trying to set up not to lose and at home you need to be the dominant force because how are you meant to get fans through the door when your sitting in the freezing cold watching the home team sit in or hoof the ball up the park as for the statement in the Program,He must be on crack to be happy with that Squad,Our bench to day was Hutton,McDonald,Roberts,Wedderburn,Roy,Thomson and Hawkshaw,the last four on that list are stealing a wage and fans are calling for Wedderburn to be starting games the guy is slower than trigger came on today and was an absolute embarrassment to Airdrieonians football club and himself

THINK ON MURRAY AND MILLER

#Freeroberts

Great summing up every point. Said the other day can fans not remember how awful we were first quarter when the afore mentioned started and we were pumping long balls. Miller Robert's together even McKay we were playing football scoring goals top two and manger goes to clyde changes team drops Robert's been pish since.

Edited by Eric the half a b

10 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Great summing up every point. Said the other day can fans not remember how awful we were first quarter when the afore mentioned started and we were pumping long balls. Miller Robert's together even McKay we were playing football scoring goals top two and manger goes to clyde changes team drops Robert's been pish since.

Manager is the problem, he could ruin any team ,

Just now, Aufc said:

Are airdrie fans seriously asking whether to sack the manager when we are third in the league behind the two full time teams in the league emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Wouldn't change the manager just want someone to remind him stick to a winning formula play your best players in their right position and dont go with 6 defensive minded players at home to the bottom club and end up thumping long balls as you dont have a midfielder who can link with the forwards. That's how we went on a run to get to the position we are in.