The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

15 hours ago, diamond daft said:

Obviously delighted with the andy ryan signing however are we close to getting anyone else.  I know midfielder was spoke about.

Agree I think we need a more attack minded midfielder a no 10 type,  not enough goals coming from midfield,  apart from MacKay,  Roberts in his role needs to score more or he could find a permanent home on the bench, Hope Ryan starts after all that's why we signed him....   After all the horse trading in the past few weeks and still to come,  I don't really see any change throughout the league, no team has really strengthened enough to push on,  

Quite a few changes in that lineup, the most surprising of which is in goals. It might be true that the team needed a shake up given we've gone a bit stale lately. Assume it's a 442 with McKay at right back and Kerr in midfield. Don't like to see MacDonald dropped but could work in my opinion. I imagine the main reason for McKay over MacDonald is purely for the long throws

7 minutes ago, G_H said:

Well, that's 2 hours of my life that I will never get back.

A bit of composure and some teeth needed badly at the penny car stadium.

How many centrehalfs do you need in a team at home to Stranrear he takes probably the best player off today.  Totally bemused by team selection tactics ..or lack of them.

Just now, Eric the half a b said:

How many centrehalfs do you need in a team at home to Stranrear he takes probably the best player off today.  Totally bemused by team selection tactics ..or lack of them.

Taking Dale Carrick off for Ally Roy - bad, mad, sad. If Murray thinks Roy  is a game changer in any shape or form he should be having a good look at himself. We needed 3 points today.

2 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

3 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Back to old tactics ,chopping and changing ,but manager happy with squad ,wake up you need a midfield it's just something  other teams seem to have ,well we want one and preferably before next sat .Carrick off and Roy on the park what am I not seeing .

1 minute ago, Jack Reed said:

Back to old tactics ,chopping and changing ,but manager happy with squad ,wake up you need a midfield it's just something  other teams seem to have ,well we want one and preferably before next sat .Carrick off and Roy on the park what am I not seeing .

Obviously something I'm not seeing ether its beyond belief...

Carrick was the best of our front 4 and was subbed for Roy....I genuinely couldn't believe what I was seeing.

McKay is unsubbable for some unknown reason

Kerr was terrible, from the initial squad surely wedderburn or hawkshaw were better options?

MacDonald has been really good, maybe injured?

and talking about intial squad, why is Roberts dropped completely until Barrowman was ill? Something going on behind the scenes?

9 points from last 21. Raith next week.

2 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Your spot on. So annoyed today shambles 

3 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Your spot on. So annoyed today shambles 

Cameron must be on holiday ,thought he had settled the ship ,fair play to their keeper he had a few good blocks ,saves ,even with Ryan we seem to miss a lot of chances ,no doubt Ryan will come good ,get MacDonald and Roberts back in next week .

3 minutes ago, Moon said:

Carrick was the best of our front 4 and was subbed for Roy....I genuinely couldn't believe what I was seeing.

McKay is unsubbable for some unknown reason

Kerr was terrible, from the initial squad surely wedderburn or hawkshaw were better options?

MacDonald has been really good, maybe injured?

and talking about intial squad, why is Roberts dropped completely until Barrowman was ill? Something going on behind the scenes?

9 points from last 21. Raith next week.

That's playoff form ... the relegation playoffs 

Murray made an arse of the tactics today, he changed the formation just to fit ryan in, as much as i like him don’t mould the full team around one player. Please drop McKay for next game he’s worse than a man down, go back to the same team and formation when we were actually winning

1 minute ago, airdrie_3 said:

Murray made an arse of the tactics today, he changed the formation just to fit ryan in, as much as i like him don’t mould the full team around one player. Please drop McKay for next game he’s worse than a man down, go back to the same team and formation when we were actually winning

He wont unless Andy can take a long throw.