The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

Aye? Surprising development (the attempt, not the knock-back). Not seeing it reported anywhere.

Good, bit daft to try and poach him from us you would think. Certainly hope there is no interest from our end in anything of that sort. Carrick has had a great season thus far, not to mention 12 goals. 

Dundee courier 

5 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Dundee courier 

Apparently had two bids rejected,  the only issue I can see here is if say For far are offering a 18 month deal just now,  either he hasn't been offered an extension at Airdrie so far or hasn't signed an extension yet, it's all hearsay without the facts...   Personally I think he is decent when he is on his game at this level, and gives the team balance, but   I don't think he has the tools to step up again to championship level if we ever get there.......   I would keep him just now but he is far from irreplaceable....

I'd consider freshening up the team for next week's game. Maybe something like

Hutton

MacDonald Crighton Fordyce McCann

Smith Millar Wedderburn Carrick

Gallagher Ryan

Would like to see Gallagher and Ryan play together as two strikers and I'm now convinced that Smith should be viewed purely as winger. Wouldn't be against Kerr coming into the team either and I'd be ok with McKay starting although I think we have better options. If we're playing one central striker with a 10 behind him I'd like to see Hawkshaw get a run out but like I said, I'd like to see Gallagher and Ryan paired up
If we learned anything from early season it's that Millar and Wedderburn can't play in the same side.

Or rather most of the support learned it, not sure if the coaching/management team have cottoned on yet but given the lack of playing time they've had together that penny seems to have dropped.

If we learned anything from early season it's that Millar and Wedderburn can't play in the same side.

Or rather most of the support learned it, not sure if the coaching/management team have cottoned on yet but given the lack of playing time they've had together that penny seems to have dropped.

I'm not convinced that was the issue, I think us playing poorly just happened to coincide with them playing together. At that time we were also playing Roy and Gallagher out wide with Smith as lone striker, Fordyce at right back. James Cowan was getting a game. If you play those together but still have Smith and Carrick out wide and the two attacking full backs as well as two goalscorers in Ryan and Gallagher I don't see any issue

2 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I'm not convinced that was the issue, I think us playing poorly just happened to coincide with them playing together. At that time we were also playing Roy and Gallagher out wide with Smith as lone striker, Fordyce at right back. James Cowan was getting a game. If you play those together but still have Smith and Carrick out wide and the two attacking full backs as well as two goalscorers in Ryan and Gallagher I don't see any issue

If Millar and wedderburn  start Ryan Stevenson will look fast and have a field day ,

4 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Agreed; Correlation does not necessarily mean causation. 

No idea what Murray will do but I hope it's a back four. I wonder if he will bring in Ryan for a 4-4-2 with Roberts on bench again to take the game quickly to Stranraer via the wings.  Every game is vital but this is the start of a crucial period.  would be disappointed if Carrick went just as he has reached double figures!

2 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Agreed; Correlation does not necessarily mean causation. 

Oh the happy days against Montrose Elgin Stranrear 4 0 thumping at Methal Forfar the first game of the season 3 at the back big guy in midfield Roberts on the bench 3rd bottom of the league chairman having a chat with manager Cameron brought in 4 at the back miller McKay Robert's in midfield omg we were top of the league and we couldn't get a moan in... ❤ luv being an Airdrie fan ♦️👀♦️

Edited by Eric the half a b

4 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Oh the happy days against Montrose Elgin Stranrear 4 0 thumping at Methal Forfar the first game of the season 3 at the back big guy in midfield Roberts on the bench 3rd bottom of the league chairman having a chat with manager Cameron brought in 4 at the back miller McKay Robert's in midfield omg we were top of the league and we couldn't get a moan in... ❤ luv being an Airdrie fan ♦️👀♦️

I do agree with you Eric but you missed out our last minute goal by Gal at Methil-that was not quite a turning point? As the Dalziel bakers bag used to say (not) : a good moan does you good. Hope there is no need to complain on Saturday.

23 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I do agree with you Eric but you missed out our last minute goal by Gal at Methil-that was not quite a turning point? As the Dalziel bakers bag used to say (not) : a good moan does you good. Hope there is no need to complain on Saturday.

I did miss it lol. Hopefully learned our lessons and get a good result tomorrow. Hope we get decent support too...