The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Not many teams win the league in January but with Andy Ryan signing they should give us the title and scottish cup just now. 

One game at a time must thank the board of directors to hopefully to where we belong which will be difficult hopefully the fans get right behind the team cmon the Diamonds.

The Board have put their cards on the table and have been grateful for the increase in attendances but this is where the current squad need the fans more than ever to come out and support the team,if you hadn’t been in ages or can’t be bothered going anymore this is the time to force yourself to go and be the rallying cry the team needs,I know it will take time to get back to where we were but it’s clear the board want us to be successful,Sack the board has Been and gone now it’s time to back the team more than ever

IMG_0064.jpg

Andy coming back is a HUGE signing, obviously it gives us an advantage with the extra firepower but psychologically it’s great for his teammates and there’s added incentive to go and perform at a higher level. Yes, if he scores at the same rate as his last stint we are serious title contenders. And yes, we have meat and bones of a championship squad as it stands. It’s all out from here, full steam ahead and time to get ruthless in this league. We need 3 points from a majority of our fixtures and we should be facing all the ‘promotion’ teams with confidence, starting with EF on Saturday. Time to signal an intent and deliver with a solid victory. The next 4 months will be the most important in several years and this team definitely have the ability to achieve champion status. Think Andy will fit in with this team nicely. Now, just a creative midfielder to feed the scorers......

2 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Andy coming back is a HUGE signing, obviously it gives us an advantage with the extra firepower but psychologically it’s great for his teammates and there’s added incentive to go and perform at a higher level. Yes, if he scores at the same rate as his last stint we are serious title contenders. And yes, we have meat and bones of a championship squad as it stands. It’s all out from here, full steam ahead and time to get ruthless in this league. We need 3 points from a majority of our fixtures and we should be facing all the ‘promotion’ teams with confidence, starting with EF on Saturday. Time to signal an intent and deliver with a solid victory. The next 4 months will be the most important in several years and this team definitely have the ability to achieve champion status. Think Andy will fit in with this team nicely. Now, just a creative midfielder to feed the scorers......

Agree any ideas on who could be a creative midfielder,  personally don't think there will be any more signing news, unless any injuries are picked up before the end of the window.

Agree any ideas on who could be a creative midfielder,  personally don't think there will be any more signing news, unless any injuries are picked up before the end of the window.

I had thought about Declan Glass on loan since his loan with Cove ended but he played 90 minutes for Dundee Utd last time out so they might be wanting to give him a run in their first team

55 minutes ago, Passionate said:

44 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I had thought about Declan Glass on loan since his loan with Cove ended but he played 90 minutes for Dundee Utd last time out so they might be wanting to give him a run in their first team

Stan Millar said if there was to be any other signings it would be a midfielder and that they're exploring possible options. Would imagine it would be a loan player more than anything but as I've said before I'd definitely like another midfielder to add to our squad depth/ability. 

Not much more that can be said but Ryan is genuinely a terrific signing. You always worry about such a great player coming back and how they might be a shadow of their former selves but with Ryan, even if he doesn't hit the heights he did previously, should still be a cracking and very effective player at this level. He's a match-winner and a guy who can score goals from nothing. Games like the recent draw with Falkirk will become wins, the defeat to Clyde becomes a draw etc. What a signing and he's increased our depth and quality tremendously. 

Great news about Fordyce too. He's played a lot at the level above and has done well at that level too so that's a good bit of business whichever league we end up in. I hadn't realised he'd played every minute of every game this season but just illustrates how reliable he is. Another excellent bit of business by the club. 

Kudos to the management team and the board for getting all of this done. 

I’d have Glass back for sure, he would definitely be a solid addition to the team. He knows the club already.... it’s a good shout

I’d have Glass back for sure, he would definitely be a solid addition to the team. He knows the club already.... it’s a good shout

I think dundee utd brought him back to play in the first team. They also have some injuries in midfield so can’t see it

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrie-loan-kid-callum-smith-21231130?fbclid=IwAR2MAquOruR81JJ6zMF9VrLaJrfPPr4wxOHSjgavaQV898w09F-_s_KKjZE 

- No talks with Callum Smith about signing permanently (yet) 

- Couple of French trialists coming over 

- Possibility of some of the reserve players heading out on loan but no other exits planned.