The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Don't want to be to over confident but there's a lot of posts selling Ryan short in my opinion. Why cant he come back as good as before, or even better? He's still got plenty years left in him, he's been playing, albeit not a lot, and training at a higher level with bigger exlectations. He will be coming back with something to prove and fire in his belly.

Not sure how he will fit in but I doubt it'll be super sub for the last 20 mins. We've struggled for goals in recent games and I think Ryan can be the guy to get them for us. More competition to keep the others on their toes. 

See McCann confirmation on Twitter. Like that lad a lot and firmly believe he's one we'll be cashing in on further down the road. Probably a victim of his height that he's not playing at a higher level, yet I've not seen him lose a header. Pleased with this business.

https://www.airdriefc.com/1920news/080120/Leon-is-a-Diamond

Now we wait.......

Edited by Pesadilla

See McCann confirmation on Twitter. Like that lad a lot and firmly believe he's one we'll be cashing in on further down the road. Probably a victim of his height that he's not playing at a higher level, yet I've not seen him lose a header yet. Pleased with this business.#
https://www.airdriefc.com/1920news/080120/Leon-is-a-Diamond
Now we wait.......

He’s an excellent player.

Still trying to figure out what possessed Hamilton to let him move to us.

2 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Don't want to be to over confident but there's a lot of posts selling Ryan short in my opinion. Why cant he come back as good as before, or even better? He's still got plenty years left in him, he's been playing, albeit not a lot, and training at a higher level with bigger exlectations. He will be coming back with something to prove and fire in his belly.

Not sure how he will fit in but I doubt it'll be super sub for the last 20 mins. We've struggled for goals in recent games and I think Ryan can be the guy to get them for us. More competition to keep the others on their toes. 

Got to agree ,why won’t he be better ,as he is now dropping down a level , it would be a good bet if we did sign him he would end up our top goal scorer ,

Just now, waysider said:

I heard from a reliable source that it was definitely a week on Friday.

What's going on ffs,   The hysteria regarding his signing is getting too much.   Just sign him, this could have an unsettling effect on the team for a very important game on saturday....

30 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

This Andy Ryan signing has been imminent for an awful long time now

Just seems to have come from a couple of ITK fans on facebook, who!e thing has got out of contro!,  The club as far as I can see have not commented quite rightly until the ink is dry,    in saying that there is no smoke without fire and I expect Mr Ryan to be unveiled in due course to help our quest for unexpected glory.     Apart from Ryan's possible return, the club have made promising moves in resigning Thomson, Seagal, MacDonald and the superb McCann..   Hats off to Paul Hetherington and his fellow directors who had to run the gauntlet when they took the reins of a rudderless ship and move us forward, no doubt costing themselves a small fortune in the process, For the first time in a long time we have hope and our pride back...... Onwards and upwards

https://www.airdriefc.com/1920news/090120/Diamonds-return-for-striker-Ryan?fbclid=IwAR2vo6txM7DIUcmljB2NP87Jt26EHpE5kRR7H09BUyN3bGPU7d4gL7lx18M

Just gies the trophy now... 

Absolutely delighted to have this confirmed and there's so much to like about the statement as a whole; 
With the paperwork now complete on his return to the Penny Cars Stadium, Andy told airdriefc.com: “It’s great to be back! As soon as I heard of the interest I just wanted to get myself back here.

Of course any player is going to say they are pleased to be wherever they are but there's a real meat to this desire on his part and you can sense it from the guy. 

I also love the point Ian Murray makes, when he mentions that first and foremost Andy has to get himself into the team, speaking both to the player himself and motivating him but also to those who have the jerseys already, saying they have earned the shirts and won't just be stripped of them whilst simultaneously telling them that there is very healthy competition up that end. 

I like the classy nature of their thanks to Dunfermline, naming names and making special mention of their Chairman, but the best bit for me comes with the final two paragraphs;

Of course, the backing from our sponsors and fans is a major factor in our ability to strengthen the squad at this stage of the season and we are grateful for our increased commercial revenues and the success of the Diamonds Club, our premium matchday hospitality package. All profits from commercial revenues are invested into the playing squad and the club would like to thank everyone who has supported these ventures.

The club would also like thank the supporters for their magnificent contribution this season which has been a huge factor in our turnaround. A fantastic bond has developed between the players and fans who have been like a twelfth man,  which the players and management have massively appreciated. Attendances have increased in 2019/20 and we would love to see this continue - as we push for promotion to the Championship, we urge everyone to encourage a lapsed fan to return and support the team for what promises to be a very closely fought title chase. Please be assured that every extra pound through the turnstile will be invested in moving our club forward.

Aye, of course it's blowing smoke up our arses a bit and all very easy to say but there's a definite sense of togetherness and genuine warmth which is incredibly encouraging regards the culture of the club, the direction of travel and the future of the team. 

It's all getting a bit giddy, this. 

Long may it continue and welcome home Andy Ryan. 

Excellent signing for Airdrie. They’ve looked solid defensively in our two meetings so far but pretty toothless going forward. You’d imagine if he can get anywhere near his performances for you last time, Ryan will make a huge difference in that area.

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Excellent signing for Airdrie. They’ve looked solid defensively in our two meetings so far but pretty toothless going forward. You’d imagine if he can get anywhere near his performances for you last time, Ryan will make a huge difference in that area.

Great to see him back.. just a thought on Stevie Crawford's comments just before AR signing... Eh would not take a mortgage out...