The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

https://www.airdriefc.com/1920news/060120/Winger-Thomson-extends-stay?fbclid=IwAR2Tx-cvJkyU-hcV1jwA112LIHWyjkSCVKxYv-WOqpp69GMoXmG7ick_dXg

More good news. Has to be close to a start as well, but great option for the squad regardless. 

Meh. Don't think he's good enough to play in the Championship but obviously Murray, Cameron, Millar, Prunts etc all have faith in him. If they can coach an end product into him then no doubt he'll be a useful player to have. 

He's a threat at this level though with his pace and trickery. Maybe a due a start - especially since Smith has been a bit off the boil recently. 

26 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Meh. Don't think he's good enough to play in the Championship but obviously Murray, Cameron, Millar, Prunts etc all have faith in him. If they can coach an end product into him then no doubt he'll be a useful player to have. 

He's a threat at this level though with his pace and trickery. Maybe a due a start - especially since Smith has been a bit off the boil recently. 

Possibly not, but he's quick, direct and has more than enough to cause teams problems in this league. 

Even if he doesn't get into the XI, he has shown plenty before his arm break and from the bench since returning to make him worth having around. 

Now let's all hope the Ryan news is announced in due course. Not allowing myself to believe it for sure until we get something official. 

Now let's all hope the Ryan news is announced in due course. Not allowing myself to believe it for sure until we get something official. 

I’m in the same boat - I refuse to believe it until I see it on the club website.

It would be an outstanding piece of business and one that surely gives us a good chance at the title if he were to stay fit.

1 hour ago, Moon said:

I'm sure it'll be fine, quite confident statements from ITK folk on Facebook.

My arse did twitch when I saw that hearts had recalled two loan players from dunfermline right enough.

I must be honest I got the fear when the Tizer broke the "exclusive" this morning,  lazy journalism, no links apart from our fans page. .....

Hopefully Andy Ryan is on the back page of the Tizer next week after riding into town on his white charger.....

Onwards and Upwards

Aye, seen folk mention today or tomorrow on facebook. Fingers crossed. 

Would be lovely to have him in the match day squad for Saturday, imagine the reception if he were to come off the bench. Many going along to Methill? 

10 hours ago, Elgindiamond said:

Caldwell Whiteford Black Goodwin Jonquin

JPR Gordon?

Yes to the players and I would have to agree that the Ref looks like him but I don't know. The games were against St Mirren so I think that it is a cup replay at Love Street. If I find a definitive answer I will post it.

42 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Yes to the players and I would have to agree that the Ref looks like him but I don't know. The games were against St Mirren so I think that it is a cup replay at Love Street. If I find a definitive answer I will post it.

Good to see the players lined up in proper order, and numbers inside the Diamond!

28 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

It was announced on Hogmanay I think however worryingly it appears to be gone now, unless I’m missing something.

It wasnt announced on the website however Stuart Millar confirmed on the OTL Podcast that a deal had been agreed. 

McCann's loan deal didnt expire until after Saturday's game so I'd imagine his deal is just currently going through the required registration process with the SFA.