The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, Smokiejohn said:

Thanks , yeah I think he’s DM’s on Twitter only at moment , he’s got a couple more Airdrieonian Bukta crackers too , 1988 away and 1989 home . See pics below I hope .

IMG_1508.jpg

I can't remember this strip from 88/89-is it invented? I thought we used the red with slight white vertical? 

What’s the deal with Diamonds in the Community? They’ve been posting on Twitter recently to announce partnerships with the West End Bar and The Workman’s. Dougy Allsop is involved so I assume it’s nothing to do with the club. I was thinking it was maybe a Supporters Trust thing but then I’ve not heard from the Trust in a while. Has the Trust been rebranded or even disbanded with the creation of the Airdrieonians Community Trust which is run by the club. I’m a bit confused.

10 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

What’s the deal with Diamonds in the Community? They’ve been posting on Twitter recently to announce partnerships with the West End Bar and The Workman’s. Dougy Allsop is involved so I assume it’s nothing to do with the club. I was thinking it was maybe a Supporters Trust thing but then I’ve not heard from the Trust in a while. Has the Trust been rebranded or even disbanded with the creation of the Airdrieonians Community Trust which is run by the club. I’m a bit confused.

The Supporters Trust is still fully functioning, we are running buses to the Hearts game currently. Going to be seeing a good bit more from the Trust in 2020.

DITC is a registered charity that has been formed by members of the supporters trust to continue the excellent work that was previously done in the name of the Airdrieonians Supporters Trust

While our form has dipped since our run of wins it's good that we're still up there challenging and a draw today was far from a bad result. The biggest positive for me right now is how our home form has improved. Since the horror game against Montrose we've played 4 home games and taken 10 points from those games, scoring 10 and conceding 3. Long may that continue.

2 minutes ago, RaithTheRover said:

Thank you so much for allowing the best left back in the lower tiers of Scottish football to join us.
A special thanks to the few who said he’s shite :)

I was one who thought he was decent.  Not a patch on leon McCann though.   His only problem is defending.  If someone runs at him he backs off and runs with him till hes on top of his keeper.  Decent going forward too though.   Eckersly is better than McDonald too and he cant get in our 1st 11 as leon is outstanding.   

I was one who thought he was decent.  Not a patch on leon McCann though.   His only problem is defending.  If someone runs at him he backs off and runs with him till hes on top of his keeper.  Decent going forward too though.   Eckersly is better than McDonald too and he cant get in our 1st 11 as leon is outstanding.   

McCann was brilliant in first half but after he was booked I would have brought on Eckersley because I think the lad was frightened to tackle and think Falkirk targeted him.

Just now, Diamond legend said:

McCann was brilliant in first half but after he was booked I would have brought on Eckersley because I think the lad was frightened to tackle and think Falkirk targeted him.

I totally agree.  That's the most nervy I've seen from him since he broke into the team.  It's a bit of a shame for eckersly as hes not really did anything wrong just the wee mans been outstanding.  I'd still have then both over McDonald as really didn't offer anything defensively.   

1 hour ago, RaithTheRover said:

Thank you so much for allowing the best left back in the lower tiers of Scottish football to join us.
A special thanks to the few who said he’s shite :)

I know he scored 2 today and he has mainly played as a wing back in an attacking 3-5-2 for you, so well done to him. I would have kept him but Ian Murray wanted him out. Keiran also was very good for us as a left sided CB but as others have said there were some question marks over him in a back four.  As to left sided players in similar positions our young loan player, McCann is a very good prospect, but there is not much competition from the other sides' left sided players.

3 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

While our form has dipped since our run of wins it's good that we're still up there challenging and a draw today was far from a bad result. The biggest positive for me right now is how our home form has improved. Since the horror game against Montrose we've played 4 home games and taken 10 points from those games, scoring 10 and conceding 3. Long may that continue.

It's a brilliant turn around, and long awaited. Just keep it going and winning at home will become a habit.

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I know he scored 2 today and he has mainly played as a wing back in an attacking 3-5-2 for you, so well done to him. I would have kept him but Ian Murray wanted him out. Keiran also was very good for us as a left sided CB but as others have said there were some question marks over him in a back four.  As to left sided players in similar positions our young loan player, McCann is a very good prospect, but there is not much competition from the other sides' left sided players.

Most of us thought Adam Brown was poor , he is playing in a higher league  and scoring ,