The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Great to see Hutton signed up. Interesting that we're willing to take a chance on Crighton if we get promoted - something which neither Morton or Livingston did. On this season's form he does deserve it (though we still need to defend set pieces better!). 
Now announce Kurtis Roberts, Callum Smith and Leon McCann...

Add Gall,Dale and Millar as well [emoji1303]

15 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Great to see Hutton signed up. Interesting that we're willing to take a chance on Crighton if we get promoted - something which neither Morton or Livingston did. On this season's form he does deserve it (though we still need to defend set pieces better!). 

Now announce Kurtis Roberts, Callum Smith and Leon McCann...

Understand the sentiments i rate Smith and McCann highly also,  small problem is that belong to Accies and Dunfermline....   The player i would try and sign next is Callum Fordyce steady player.

Id rather get relegated that have a convicted rapist in the team. I am sure most airdrie fans woukd agree
Not convicted of anything. Lost a claim for damages at a civil court where the burden of proof is substantially lessened from a criminal court.
The Crown Office clearly felt there was insufficient evidence to gain a conviction or they'd have served a complaint or indicted him.
You need to be sure of your facts before branding someone a "convicted rapist".

2 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Not convicted of anything. Lost a claim for damages at a civil court where the burden of proof is substantially lessened from a criminal court.
The Crown Office clearly felt there was insufficient evidence to gain a conviction or they'd have served a complaint or indicted him.
You need to be sure of your facts before branding someone a "convicted rapist".

Well he sure bullied our defense today such a disappointing performance too many long balls poor defending and some strange decisions from the management ... I no these games happen but felt it was back to the let's hit long balls down the side. They were much more street wise and shows we do need a couple of signings if we have the resources.

That was utter shite today - totally devoid of ideas and kept playing the same pathetic ball into the box. How many times did we try and take players on and lose the ball when there was a pass on? As for Paul McKay, if all he’s got is a long throw (which hasn’t worked for weeks btw) he can get to. Waste of a jersey!

That’s the last 3 games we’ve been really poor. Unfortunately, I think we’re going backwards again.

6 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

That was utter shite today - totally devoid of ideas and kept playing the same pathetic ball into the box. How many times did we try and take players on and lose the ball when there was a pass on? As for Paul McKay, if all he’s got is a long throw (which hasn’t worked for weeks btw) he can get to. Waste of a jersey!

That’s the last 3 games we’ve been really poor. Unfortunately, I think we’re going backwards again.

Over the course of our good run, any time we scored first we won,  The 2 games we lost Raith and Clyde got  the first goal and we were unable to get back into the game,, due to our lack of creativity and squad options,   Ally Roy is a busted flush,  midfield without Roberts lacks energy and our right back MacDonald cannot defend,   Hopefully 3 players can be signed to add to the group, getting crowded at the top, Falkirk next,  Massive game for the whole club, can we go again....

13 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Over the course of our good run, any time we scored first we won,  The 2 games we lost Raith and Clyde got  the first goal and we were unable to get back into the game,, due to our lack of creativity and squad options,   Ally Roy is a busted flush,  midfield without Roberts lacks energy and our right back MacDonald cannot defend,   Hopefully 3 players can be signed to add to the group, getting crowded at the top, Falkirk next,  Massive game for the whole club, can we go again....

Just dont get it how Robert's is on bench and how Gal was subbed and Roy left on is beyond me. Chrighton arguing with others when Goodwillie nudged bumped and bullied both cerntrbacks all game.... maybe they lost so we all could have a moan before Santa comes... personally I blame the strips ..

Edited by Eric the half a b

24 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

2goal goodwillie far better than we have , on the showing the day and we are joint top , this league must be bad ,

2 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Just dont get it how Robert's is on bench and how Gal was subbed and Roy left on is beyond me. Chrighton arguing with others when Goodwillie nudged bumped and bullied both cerntrbacks all game.... maybe they lost so we all could have a moan before Santa comes... personally I blame the strips ..

Aye he is to good for our defence , he was doing the day what we done to east  fife ,

43 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Could be something in that. For me, the jersey was too similar to Clyde’s. Obviously the shorts and socks were different, but at a glance when you want to play a quick pass...

Not quite the Alex Ferguson occasion but you might have a point. What I did not get was why we were back to tinkering, if not cancelling, the shape which has taken us up the table. If Roberts was not fit to last the game he should have started so that Clyde did not control the game.  Posted elsewhere but how Roy was still on the pitch ( in theory) at the end was a puzzle-maybe Murray was enjoying hospitality but many of us were frustrated.

Couldn't make the game but when I saw the team sheet I feared the worst. No idea why we changed our successful formation and shape and played Roy ahead of Roberts. If Roberts wasn't fully fit fair enough but at least play the same formation. Roberts is so fundamental to how we play we're practically a different team without him in it. Roy has had months now but just isn't cutting it at all. 

Disappointing not to take advantage of Raith's slip up but we're still in the mix at least. 

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

Couldn't make the game but when I saw the team sheet I feared the worst. No idea why we changed our successful formation and shape and played Roy ahead of Roberts. If Roberts wasn't fully fit fair enough but at least play the same formation. Roberts is so fundamental to how we play we're practically a different team without him in it. Roy has had months now but just isn't cutting it at all. 

Disappointing not to take advantage of Raith's slip up but we're still in the mix at least. 

Couldn't understand the team selection your lucky you didn't see the first 35min it was awful  we could have been  4 down before we started playing ... 

2 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Clyde are a one man team - and we gave that man way too respect - especially first half - our defending  was shocking. Free header for the first,  Second ,Goodwille one on one, spectacular  finish.  The third again, one on one but again a brilliant finish - but we were "pushing" as the old cliche goes.

As for substitutions - too late and wrong - was surprised Roy was in at the start but with Hawkshaw injured  and guessing Roberts not 100% fit he was only in to fill that attacking midfield role - only problem is - Roy is lightweight - Adam Brownisque in getting involved in any dirty stuff - avoidance at any cost - 50/50 balls , jumping for a header, forget it -flatters to deceive.  He did nothing first half. In the second half I  expected him to be replaced by Roberts early on so we could revert to the normal starting line up that has got us up the table. But no, Gallagher  taken off,  Roy  kept on and we have nothing up front.  Roberts on too late.  Poor.

But overall, team didn't perform. McCann stand out over 90 minutes, Millar played well first 45 but faded

If we play like that next week we will be well humped.

6 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

The formation was the same today.  The only real difference was roy played in the advanced midfield position with Millar and mckay behind.  The main thing was McKay didn't offer much and roy constantly gave the ball away.  As usual the long ball didn't work.  Crosses into the box didn't work either. We didn't create much at all.  Usually the defence look strong but looked vulnerable with every ball into our box.

4 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Clyde are a one man team - and we gave that man way too respect - especially first half - our defending  was shocking. Free header for the first,  Second ,Goodwille one on one, spectacular  finish.  The third again, one on one but again a brilliant finish - but we were "pushing" as the old cliche goes.

As for substitutions - too late and wrong - was surprised Roy was in at the start but with Hawkshaw injured  and guessing Roberts not 100% fit he was only in to fill that attacking midfield role - only problem is - Roy is lightweight - Adam Brownisque in getting involved in any dirty stuff - avoidance at any cost - 50/50 balls , jumping for a header, forget it -flatters to deceive.  He did nothing first half. In the second half I  expected him to be replaced by Roberts early on so we could revert to the normal starting line up that has got us up the table. But no, Gallagher  taken off,  Roy  kept on and we have nothing up front.  Roberts on too late.  Poor.

But overall, team didn't perform. McCann stand out over 90 minutes, Millar played well first 45 but faded

If we play like that next week we will be well humped.

U could see the panic ur man roasted our centre halfs. Agree with ur summary while been great to get where we are it shows we are a couple of players light to maintain the challenge. ... as for taking Gal of rather than Roy was mind boggling 

2 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

The formation was the same today.  The only real difference was roy played in the advanced midfield position with Millar and mckay behind.  The main thing was McKay didn't offer much and roy constantly gave the ball away.  As usual the long ball didn't work.  Crosses into the box didn't work either. We didn't create much at all.  Usually the defence look strong but looked vulnerable with every ball into our box.

Roy actually started on the right with Smith in the advanced midfielder role which just didnt work. Roy never once had a go at their left back who is awful and it wasnt until we switched Roy and Smith that we saw Smith get some joy down that flank, albeit his final ball mostly let him down.

We really are missing Roberts in the midfield...his driving runs cause teams a lot of problems and I dont think we have anyone else who is as good as him in there. Not sure what the problem is with him but he's definitely not looked anywhere near fit when he's came on as sub the last 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, DiamondJack85 said:

Roy actually started on the right with Smith in the advanced midfielder role which just didnt work. Roy never once had a go at their left back who is awful and it wasnt until we switched Roy and Smith that we saw Smith get some joy down that flank, albeit his final ball mostly let him down.

We really are missing Roberts in the midfield...his driving runs cause teams a lot of problems and I dont think we have anyone else who is as good as him in there. Not sure what the problem is with him but he's definitely not looked anywhere near fit when he's came on as sub the last 2 weeks.

Apologies. You are correct.  I forgot about that as it was changed so quickly.