The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

19 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Personally I wouldn't be paying any players out there contract ,  we did that last year and it is undubstainable,  Big Nat appears to be this season's scapegoat,  we always have had one every season anyway....   I agree we need to strengthen probably 2 players preferably with a bit of experience guide us through the second half of the season,   This season we have currently or have used 4 loan players,  is there not a limit for loan players for a season.....

Not sure if there's a limit on loan players but it would make sense.

I was hopeful that the appointment of Murray's old chum Jack Ross at Hibs might see us sneak a few of their up and coming youngsters. Wishful thinking I guess!

Personally I wouldn't be paying any players out there contract ,  we did that last year and it is undubstainable,  Big Nat appears to be this season's scapegoat,  we always have had one every season anyway....   I agree we need to strengthen probably 2 players preferably with a bit of experience guide us through the second half of the season,   This season we have currently or have used 4 loan players,  is there not a limit for loan players for a season.....

Scapegoat?The guys probably the worst player ever to play for Airdrie,He can’t run,he can’t tackle,he’s got the turning circle of a lorry in a narrow street,he’s gash and should never have been signed

On 11/12/2019 at 22:28, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

It's normal that there's no one on the bench you could expect to come in and do as good a job or better. If there was they'd be part of our best starting XI. In terms of players coming in as cover I don't really have any problems with guys like Eckersley, Kerr, Hawkshaw, Wedderburn, Roy and Thomson (when he recovers) as backups to the first team. I think we maybe could have better depth in midfield and I'd love us to bring in someone new to play there but I think we have a relatively strong bench, even if guys like Wedderburn, Hawkshaw and Roy have been a bit underwhelming.

I think you can add Gallacher to that list also...so maybe not such a threadbare squad.

He's not been worthy of a start, but he's not even the worst Airdrie player in the last decade.  Not even close.  Not good enough to be a regular player for a team that wants to go up, and I'd be happy to see him go and free up a place for someone else, but let's not get hysterical.

Letting a couple of players go, plus money from the Hearts game, ought to see us able to strengthen the squad.

12 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

He's not been worthy of a start, but he's not even the worst Airdrie player in the last decade.  Not even close.  Not good enough to be a regular player for a team that wants to go up, and I'd be happy to see him go and free up a place for someone else, but let's not get hysterical.

Letting a couple of players go, plus money from the Hearts game, ought to see us able to strengthen the squad.

Who else would you like to see let go besides Wedderburn?

He was my pick for motm today. Starting to come out of his shell in the past few weeks with a few decent efforts on goal

Feel like Kieran Millar doesn't get the recognition he deserves because he doesn't play in a fashionable role. Excellent again today.

That was an important win today. Could well have seen us slide back into previous form after last week but the team recovered well. Not vintage but always good to win even if not playing particularly well. Would love to get McCann signed up until the end of the season.Or longer... Nice to see Craig Thomson back. Not a lot of end product to have but he can trouble defenders at this level and he's another good option to have to challenge our forwards. 

1 minute ago, Diamond8 said:

He was my pick for motm today. Starting to come out of his shell in the past few weeks with a few decent efforts on goal

Difficult conditions today missed few chances that could have made life a little easier yet again good team spirit. Look forward to decent support for next week.

3 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Difficult conditions today missed few chances that could have made life a little easier yet again good team spirit. Look forward to decent support for next week.

I thought Millar was really good -cracking recovery tackle on one of them. High energy matters in all Leagues but more so here. McKay does all the dirty stuff but he does lack the ability of a killer pass. Very strong team effort and looking forward (for once) to Broadwood. Might be biggest travelling support on League business. 

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Feel like Kieran Millar doesn't get the recognition he deserves because he doesn't play in a fashionable role. Excellent again today.

McCann put in a good shift as always but Miller was comfortably MOTM for us. He has found his role in the team and getting better each week.

Overall we were poor today, a few players looked off the pace a bit. However we look solid at the back (minus a really rubbish goal today) so are able to grind out wins which will be really important.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I thought Millar was really good -cracking recovery tackle on one of them. High energy matters in all Leagues but more so here. McKay does all the dirty stuff but he does lack the ability of a killer pass. Very strong team effort and looking forward (for once) to Broadwood. Might be biggest travelling support on League business. 

Hopefully good vocal following next week help the team to keep the momentum going not so long ago we would have been drawing or even losing games like today when not been at our best. Manager sounded bit flat think he has man flu which we all know is a terrible illness.

Always thought Millar was the big loss for us and big gain for you guys when you took him, Page and Wilkie back in 2017. He's a cracking player that probably won't get noticed much by opposition supporters as it's not always obvious just how much he's giving to the team unless you're watching him every week.

Always thought Millar was the big loss for us and big gain for you guys when you took him, Page and Wilkie back in 2017. He's a cracking player that probably won't get noticed much by opposition supporters as it's not always obvious just how much he's giving to the team unless you're watching him every week.

I’ve been guilty of this but really starting to appreciate what he brings now.