The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Having listened to the interview with the East Fife manager I have to say that this was one of the most shameful interviews I have heard. Beaten 4-0 and not a single good word about the opposition. Instead he blames it all on the referee saying that the first two goals should not have been allowed. I have watched the highlights several times now and there definitely  was no foul In the lead up to the first goal. With regard to the second goal, Smith definitely was in the penalty box. I could not see from the angle whether he dived or not.

I have to say that if I were the manager of a team who had been beaten so comprehensively I would at least have given the opposition some credit. A disgraceful interview.

3 hours ago, 2lgm said:

Yeah agree don’t think it’s value for money really. I know they have to turn a profit but a buffet doesn’t feel value for the cash.

Done it a couple of times in the season and it is overpriced for what is on offer. The fact that you are not seated at a meal is a bit of a downer considering the price. This is a no brainer for reducing the price and increasing the volume of customer uptake as their overheads are minimal.

11 hours ago, Aufc said:

The food is a buffet curry which they are serving anyways for the visiting directors. Shambles

Surely it is more than a buffet meal,  is there not a free bar, half time refreshments and option of drowning your sorrows after the game, which you have just watched from the comfort of an executive box...

Surely it is more than a buffet meal,  is there not a free bar, half time refreshments and option of drowning your sorrows after the game, which you have just watched from the comfort of an executive box...

Aye free bar. But its the same at montrose plus yoj get a three course meal and wine plus the free bar.

On 3 December 2019 at 23:24, waysider said:

Having listened to the interview with the East Fife manager I have to say that this was one of the most shameful interviews I have heard. Beaten 4-0 and not a single good word about the opposition. Instead he blames it all on the referee saying that the first two goals should not have been allowed. I have watched the highlights several times now and there definitely  was no foul In the lead up to the first goal. With regard to the second goal, Smith definitely was in the penalty box. I could not see from the angle whether he dived or not.

I have to say that if I were the manager of a team who had been beaten so comprehensively I would at least have given the opposition some credit. A disgraceful interview.

Aye,read his report in local paper,never once did he give Airdrie any credit ,on the other hand our manager said that when we got beat 4-1 it flattered us could have been more .Tell it as it was Mr Young you were well and truly beaten ,second to every ball ,.Airdrie played very well first half ,probably the best we have played for a while .

4 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye,read his report in local paper,never once did he give Airdrie any credit ,on the other hand our manager said that when we got beat 4-1 it flattered us could have been more .Tell it as it was Mr Young you were well and truly beaten ,second to every ball ,.Airdrie played very well first half ,probably the best we have played for a while .

Let him be, if he is believes his own bullshit he will fail to recognise his teams weaknesses and therefore not work to improve them, so they will continue to decline and cease to be a genuine contender.  Shame though, I would have liked to see them take a point off Falkirk.

Great work by the Airdrie Community Trust with their Festive Friends Christmas party in the community today. 

Has the hospitality always been that price for that offer? I've noticed as well we've started charging for the match day mascot which surely must have an affect on uptake?

Great work by the Airdrie Community Trust with their Festive Friends Christmas party in the community today. 
Has the hospitality always been that price for that offer? I've noticed as well we've started charging for the match day mascot which surely must have an affect on uptake?

Was that last year. Just seems a total rip off

2 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Disappointing result went a bit long ball more than we should great backing from fans on a miserable day and you can't fault the effort the team put in. Think if we could get a good central  midfielder in could see us in with a chance.

Hope that Roberts is not injured from that assault by Davidson. He was limping at the end. I agree another driving midfielder would be good and McKay should have been taken off today rather than Millar. I am not convinced that Hawkshaw  is enough of a threat. I think Fordyce will be out for 2 games unless we successfully appeal. Does Kerr come back in to CB and Nat must be thinking his days are numbered even as a sub. It was a miserable day but the time did pass by really quickly!

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Hope that Roberts is not injured from that assault by Davidson. He was limping at the end. I agree another driving midfielder would be good and McKay should have been taken off today rather than Millar. I am not convinced that Hawkshaw  is enough of a threat. I think Fordyce will be out for 2 games unless we successfully appeal. Does Kerr come back in to CB and Nat must be thinking his days are numbered even as a sub. It was a miserable day but the time did pass by really quickly!

I agree with you in all points. With McKay while a long through option can be good and we have scored more from them than our corners it was way to predictable yesterday and I didn't see much more that the throws he brought to the team yesterday.