The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

15 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

It was planned to hold 1000...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/albion-rovers-terrace-plans-double-4826333

... however, that’s not to say that’s what it can hold and I doubt it could comfortably hold that number. Not that the Rovers have ever had to bother too much about health and safety mind you.

Just think of the excellent toileting facilities... wonder if they have added a 4th portaloo.  

23 hours ago, Passionate said:

Looking forward to The cup tie, which I think wi!l be tougher than we think, not many goals probably a good old fashioned cup tie,,   A bit concerned that this is not All Ticket,  last time we played there at New Year 2018 the 2 - 2  game,   Attendance in the monsoon  was 1032 according to records and was pretty tight,   I think we could take 7 or 800 to this game,  could they get in ....

Monsoon conditions forecast again for today!

7 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

That prediction went well. Couldn’t finish his dinner.

He is not a natural CF like Gallagher and he has lacked confidence since missing the penalty at Montrose. He still merits a bench place and he did work hard today even if he was ineffective overall. I know that is the minimum we can demand but let's just enjoy the win

That prediction went well. Couldn’t finish his dinner. Crighton however...

I know.. more of a wish than a prediction. Can’t just leave it to a couple of players to get a majority of our goals. Need a solid back up and I feel this was a missed opportunity for Roy against lower league opposition. A chance missed to build confidence and show he’s a viable alternative if injuries/suspensions happen. Hoping Murray realizes this

My choice too.....haven’t payed them for years. 1-0 defeat at Broomfield in the Scottish a few years ago I think was the last time. Must be due another crack at them.

Richie Foran was a diving b*****d in that game if I remember right. And Scott McKenna cracked the bar. More than a few years ago right enough.

4 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Richie Foran was a diving b*****d in that game if I remember right. And Scott McKenna cracked the bar. More than a few years ago right enough.

Just a wee correction, I think it was Steven McKenna ? Foran was as you say. The Motherwell games I remember are the late Lawrie Leslie one in the 60s and the semi final win when Lapsley scored It could be BSC!

Even though we lost that game against Motherwell it's still one of my favourite experiences as an Airdrie fan purely because of the atmosphere.  If memory serves we were absolutely hammering them in the last fifteen minutes or so looking for a goal, and the noise was incredible.  It's the only time I've ever seen us play Motherwell (their youth team in the Challenge Cup doesn't count).  I'd take that but with a win in the next round, please.

Just a wee correction, I think it was Steven McKenna ? Foran was as you say. The Motherwell games I remember are the late Lawrie Leslie one in the 60s and the semi final win when Lapsley scored It could be BSC!

Sorry, it was definitely Steven, Scott is the current Aberdeen centre half. A bit early in my life to have senior moments like that but it happens to the best of us after a few pints.

January 2007 it was. Didn’t think it was over 10 years ago. Over 8k attendance that day. Maybe home tie against them would be more beneficial financially and our plastic pitch a bit of a leveller. Fingers crossed for the draw tomorrow.