The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On 16/11/2019 at 13:11, Diamond Oracle said:

With the potential of us being top of the table come 4:45 should we beat Stranraer, can any stattos figure out when we were last top of the league after 14 games?

The last time I can recollect being top in mid November was in season 2001/02 the Ian McCall season,    The end of that season saw our demise...

3 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

Interesting question.. what should Murray do here? Rotate some players and save some of the first team to be ready for the upcoming league fixtures? I really don’t care about a cup run but would love to cash in on an Old Firm draw. I’ll be honest, I won’t be too upset if a couple of changes are made this weekend but back to the regular team for league business

Don't want to repeat last February though, the form slump following the Celtic game proved to be fatal to our playoff hopes, losing three "winnable" matches and drawing one 

Yeah think we definitely rotate a bit, Roy and Wedderburn are likely to get a start.

I'm not sure what's going on with Eckersley, I assume he's injured, but this would have been ideal to give him a game too.

Problem is that I'm not sure our other attacking players can carry out the role that Carrick and Smith have been doing the last few weeks, so Hawkshaw may struggle.

10 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

Interesting question.. what should Murray do here? Rotate some players and save some of the first team to be ready for the upcoming league fixtures? I really don’t care about a cup run but would love to cash in on an Old Firm draw. I’ll be honest, I won’t be too upset if a couple of changes are made this weekend but back to the regular team for league business

I get the point about cashing but the way we were treated like many other away fans at Celtic Park, will keep me away from that ground and I don't fancy Ibrox either. Maybe wait to get one of them in the final. I would keep the same team barring injuries and who would drop out for Wedderburn, without whom we have been much improved? 

There really has been a few questions brought up here. With Scott gal coming back from injury and having played him in the cup game against bohemians does he get to play and rest Hutton? Do we go with eckersly with young McCann playing so well in recent weeks? Does big nat deserve his chance and rest McKay or Millar? Does ally roy get a start and rest Callum gal?  Does dunfermline and Hamilton have a say to avoid Smith and McCann being cup tied if they return to their clubs in new year?  In terms of the cup in general. Do we hope for a premier team to make a few quid or get an away game against a team we haven't been to for a while? Or hope for a few games against lower league teams and maybe advance a few rounds.  Personally I dont really care what happens in the cup as long as we win this Saturday.  I dont think I'd change to much with the team but really have to be careful as the rovers will be giving it everything.  The promising youngsters as we were told haven't exactly been lighting up the reserve league but we will undoubtedly need some to come in to the 1st team to cover injury or suspension.  Lots of questions that will only be answered in terms of what the management team want at the end of the season.  I'll be looking more at the league table than the cup draws but like most of us that could change if we get Motherwell away.  

2 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Personally I’d continue playing the same side that’s won 4 in a row so far, don’t see the point in losing momentum with a winning lineup , would only change the team if players have injury Concerns ie Gallagher

Agree with this ,we don't have strength in depth ,we have taken long enough to find our best team leave it until like other teams we are forced into  it .

I would keep the same team barring injury or loan players (Smith and McCann) being unable to play. Eckersley has a rib injury and Scott Gallacher picked up another injury in a reserve match too. Ideally we'll put the game to bed early (famous last words) and can bring on some subs fairly early into the game. 

3 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I would keep the same team barring injury or loan players (Smith and McCann) being unable to play. Eckersley has a rib injury and Scott Gallacher picked up another injury in a reserve match too. Ideally we'll put the game to bed early (famous last words) and can bring on some subs fairly early into the game. 

I agree.... get at them early..... wouldn't want to struggle or loose this game. 

Not that we will ... 

4 hours ago, Ballboy said:

There really has been a few questions brought up here. With Scott gal coming back from injury and having played him in the cup game against bohemians does he get to play and rest Hutton? Do we go with eckersly with young McCann playing so well in recent weeks? Does big nat deserve his chance and rest McKay or Millar? Does ally roy get a start and rest Callum gal?  Does dunfermline and Hamilton have a say to avoid Smith and McCann being cup tied if they return to their clubs in new year?  In terms of the cup in general. Do we hope for a premier team to make a few quid or get an away game against a team we haven't been to for a while? Or hope for a few games against lower league teams and maybe advance a few rounds.  Personally I dont really care what happens in the cup as long as we win this Saturday.  I dont think I'd change to much with the team but really have to be careful as the rovers will be giving it everything.  The promising youngsters as we were told haven't exactly been lighting up the reserve league but we will undoubtedly need some to come in to the 1st team to cover injury or suspension.  Lots of questions that will only be answered in terms of what the management team want at the end of the season.  I'll be looking more at the league table than the cup draws but like most of us that could change if we get Motherwell away.  

Q1   Possibly

Q2  No

Q3 Absolutely No

Q4 Maybe if injured

Q5 They were cup tied in League Cup etc but who knows?

Q6 Not Premier but away to new area -probably

I also watch the league more but cup runs can be good.

All loan players available as far as I'm aware

It was only McCann and Reilly that were cup tied and only in the Challenge Cup because they'd already played for Accies Colts in that competition. Smith's already played in both the Challenge Cup and League Cup for us and all should be eligible for the Scottish Cup.

Excited for Saturday. Hoping we pack out Cliftonhill and can add to the momentum with another win and the players getting a sense of the potential for Airdrie’s support to grow if the can keep performing.

If we can win then I’d happily take a money spinning tie. Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen/Motherwell at home would be a nice change.

Media whoring myself about these days. They all want to know about Airdrieonians! 34:20 for a section on Airdrie on The Totally Scottish Football Show [emoji815]️

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-totally-scottish-football-show/id1417305699#episodeGuid=tag%3Aaudioboom.com%2C2019-11-22%3A%2Fposts%2F7431282

Looking forward to The cup tie, which I think wi!l be tougher than we think, not many goals probably a good old fashioned cup tie,,   A bit concerned that this is not All Ticket,  last time we played there at New Year 2018 the 2 - 2  game,   Attendance in the monsoon  was 1032 according to records and was pretty tight,   I think we could take 7 or 800 to this game,  could they get in ....

Looking forward to The cup tie, which I think wi!l be tougher than we think, not many goals probably a good old fashioned cup tie,,   A bit concerned that this is not All Ticket,  last time we played there at New Year 2018 the 2 - 2  game,   Attendance in the monsoon  was 1032 according to records and was pretty tight,   I think we could take 7 or 800 to this game,  could they get in ....

Anyone know what the permitted attendance is for the away end.

Like you say, feels like we could take a bigger crowd than previously given that it’s a cup game and our recent Form.

There’s always the overflow terrace up behind the wall!

Anyone know what the permitted attendance is for the away end.

It was planned to hold 1000...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/albion-rovers-terrace-plans-double-4826333

... however, that’s not to say that’s what it can hold and I doubt it could comfortably hold that number. Not that the Rovers have ever had to bother too much about health and safety mind you.