The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On 26/10/2019 at 17:11, bbbbb said:

Well I didn't see that coming.

Read Roy's article and he did, fair play to him.

He'd score hia 1st league goal - TICK

We'll give some team a doin' - TICK

We'll go on a run - ....

I'm happy to give the 3rd Tick now 🙂

11 hours ago, airdrie_3 said:

I think in every position we have the best (or close to the best) player playing in that position. Hutton, Crighton, Roberts, Smith & Gal, i think we’re only a really good winger away from taking this league away from Raith n Falkirk

Aye you could be right , would think East - Fife will be in mix  aswell .

15 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

The man only wants to MAGA?Dont you want to MAGA?

I definitely want to make Airdrie great again but I know that there will always be spells of success and times of concern. Since we went into liquidation we have had various ownership models who have tried to either arrest the decline or just about manage it for survival. The Wotherspoon experiment led us all on to an optimistic road which proved a dead end. The current owners look as if they want to see us restored to at least "Championship" level and I have done all I can by continuing to buy a season ticket and club merchandise .I would be delighted if they (and us) can MAGA. My issue with the banner is not that adapted message but linking it to any politician is not needed. I doubt if Mr Trump has any idea about Scottish football( probably soccer) but he does have lots of experience of bankruptcies as a businessman. Supporters are entitled to make whatever banner they want but I don't have to agree with it.  

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I doubt if Mr Trump has any idea about Scottish football( probably soccer) but he does have lots of experience of bankruptcies as a businessman. Supporters are entitled to make whatever banner they want but I don't have to agree with it.  

Well, actually...

Image result for trump aberdeen fc

6 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I presume that is in your Ayr shop so I defer to your correction. Given his Turnberry links I assume it was good publicity for both parties. When was it taken?

Nah it's an Aberdeen shirt. The shirt is from about 8 seasons ago I believe.