The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

4 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

How are the two  young Accies players playing folks?

Cheers for the replies.

Reilly was a headless chicken in the 1 match I saw him given serious game time but was ok for the last 10 mins he played against Dumbarton on saturday when he came on. Has a physical presence though if he can sort out his decision making.

McCann will end up somewhere better than either Airdrie or Hamilton if he continues to develop. Great attacking full back despite being a bit on the vertically challenged side. Would really like to see his loan extended till the end of the season.

Edited by G_H

2 hours ago, G_H said:

Reilly was a headless chicken in the 1 match I saw him given serious game time but was ok for the last 10 mins he played against Dumbarton on saturday when he came on. Has a physical presence though if he can sort out his decision making.

McCann will end up somewhere better than either Airdrie or Hamilton if he continues to develop. Great attacking full back despite being a bit on the vertically challenged side. Would really like to see his loan extended till the end of the season.

I’d rather him than Eckersley tbh, feel like he gives you everything and with Eckersley coming to the end of his career you question if he’s fully in it

9 hours ago, G_H said:

Reilly also got injured in the warm up at Forfar and he is more of a bench warmer than McCann who has very good game management and is quite good in aerial challenges. They are much better than Sumsky and Scullion who "appeared" with us a few seasons ago. 

15 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

How are the two  young Accies players playing folks?

Cheers for the replies.

McCann is a class above and will go on to be a very good player. Reilly was guff the one game I saw him in (Stranraer at home) but he's still young so plenty of time to develop. 

On 03/11/2019 at 07:42, CapitalDiamond said:

First time I've listened to the podcast. Usually can't be bothered with stuff like that but I've got to agree with Colin Telford's 10 minute tirade at the start. There's certainly a bit of an atmosphere surrounding the clubs relationship with the fan base. The change in relationship with the trust being the most obvious. There are fans who've been season ticket holders for 20+years who've not renewed. I sat in the pub on Saturday with at least two other Airdrie fans who just couldn't be arsed going up to watch the game. The quality on the park is just so poor, though I do accept Saturday may have been better, I don't accept the assertion in the podcast that we've any strength in depth. The midfield is devoid of any creativity whatsoever.  I don't know what the answer is, though I don't think we'll be winning anything with the likes of Millar in the middle.

Good points raised about the passing from the back option. Fine to do that when you've skillful players, but for all his attributes, expecting Sean Crighton to play us out of possible danger is mental stuff. 

On 03/11/2019 at 17:47, Mybitchunderprotest said:
On 03/11/2019 at 07:42, CapitalDiamond said:

Mention on it of some fans being hit with lawyers letters on behalf of the club, WTF is that all about?

And here's the problem. I'm not on Facebook but if folk are getting lawyers letters from the club for what's being said on the Wild West of the internet, then there's a massive issue. Surely no-one can be saying anything that bad which would warrant getting the law involved. There seems a bit of petty behaviour, from what I read and I've heard personally coming from the club and we aint gonna win the stay away fans back through that sort of stuff.

I'd like to see Hetherington take part in the podcast so we can hear his vision for the club. Maybe gauge the man on his own thoughts rather than what I've heard - most of which could not be described as a ringing endorsement.

7 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

First time I've listened to the podcast. Usually can't be bothered with stuff like that but I've got to agree with Colin Telford's 10 minute tirade at the start. There's certainly a bit of an atmosphere surrounding the clubs relationship with the fan base. The change in relationship with the trust being the most obvious. There are fans who've been season ticket holders for 20+years who've not renewed. I sat in the pub on Saturday with at least two other Airdrie fans who just couldn't be arsed going up to watch the game. The quality on the park is just so poor, though I do accept Saturday may have been better, I don't accept the assertion in the podcast that we've any strength in depth. The midfield is devoid of any creativity whatsoever.  I don't know what the answer is, though I don't think we'll be winning anything with the likes of Millar in the middle.

Good points raised about the passing from the back option. Fine to do that when you've skillful players, but for all his attributes, expecting Sean Crighton to play us out of possible danger is mental stuff. 

And here's the problem. I'm not on Facebook but if folk are getting lawyers letters from the club for what's being said on the Wild West of the internet, then there's a massive issue. Surely no-one can be saying anything that bad which would warrant getting the law involved. There seems a bit of petty behaviour, from what I read and I've heard personally coming from the club and we aint gonna win the stay away fans back through that sort of stuff.

I'd like to see Hetherington take part in the podcast so we can hear his vision for the club. Maybe gauge the man on his own thoughts rather than what I've heard - most of which could not be described as a ringing endorsement.

So very true.   The thing they need to realise is it's our club. The players wear our shirts with our diamond on.  Players, managers even board members and chairman change with the passing years but the fans dont.  Having grown up at the old broomfield with my dad taking me to games then years going to broad wood now I take my son week in week out home and away.  I've sat and watched good times and bad. One constant over the years with all the people running the club at various times is the lack of communication with fans.  Our fanbase have always been quite vocal with opinions during games good and bad. Through all the seasons all we want is to have a team who looks like they care, work hard play for the Jersey.   Kenny black moved dugouts to avoid the pelters he used to get.  Now the current board think we should all sit like school boys and not have a say when we pay hard earned money to watch players not even look like they want to play nevermind win.  I've been going to watch my team for 30 years  some players have been good some bad. Same with managers and chairman.  When I go to games I know win or lose I expect to see a team who work hard and know it's a privilege to wear our diamond.  If a steward or someone had ever to had me a letter asking me to hand my season ticket back I'd tell them where to go.  I've voiced my opinion at games and will continue to do so.  I'll tell the next players, managers and chairman the same in years to come. 

17 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

So very true.   The thing they need to realise is it's our club. The players wear our shirts with our diamond on.  Players, managers even board members and chairman change with the passing years but the fans dont.  Having grown up at the old broomfield with my dad taking me to games then years going to broad wood now I take my son week in week out home and away.  I've sat and watched good times and bad. One constant over the years with all the people running the club at various times is the lack of communication with fans.  Our fanbase have always been quite vocal with opinions during games good and bad. Through all the seasons all we want is to have a team who looks like they care, work hard play for the Jersey.   Kenny black moved dugouts to avoid the pelters he used to get.  Now the current board think we should all sit like school boys and not have a say when we pay hard earned money to watch players not even look like they want to play nevermind win.  I've been going to watch my team for 30 years  some players have been good some bad. Same with managers and chairman.  When I go to games I know win or lose I expect to see a team who work hard and know it's a privilege to wear our diamond.  If a steward or someone had ever to had me a letter asking me to hand my season ticket back I'd tell them where to go.  I've voiced my opinion at games and will continue to do so.  I'll tell the next players, managers and chairman the same in years to come. 

52 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Not sure ihow accurate however one fan got a call after a post about the stadium. A good source said were talks after the Montrose game hence some changes and a video for the fans. Chairman has invested in the team he like us must want better results to get the club promoted.

2 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

A good source said were talks after the Montrose game hence some changes and a video for the fans.

If that video is an attempt at getting fans back onside, it's a pretty misjudged one.  It scans like an "I'm sorry but ...." apology.

On a more hopeful note, Saturday's change to a more aggressive, attacking play-style was big step towards addressing recent complaints.

3 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

If that video is an attempt at getting fans back onside, it's a pretty misjudged one.  It scans like an "I'm sorry but ...." apology.

On a more hopeful note, Saturday's change to a more aggressive, attacking play-style was big step towards addressing recent complaints.

Was right out of the Reverend I am jolly script. Looked a totally different team with changes. 

9 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Not sure ihow accurate however one fan got a call after a post about the stadium. A good source said were talks after the Montrose game hence some changes and a video for the fans. Chairman has invested in the team he like us must want better results to get the club promoted.

I understand the current board have investment to look after and money to make. I wish them well as it means I get to see some success.  What I'm saying is to some of us it doesn't matter what league were in. Good players or mediocre.  I for one know I'll be there next year and the year after. Theres some guys been dedicated to our club longer and will be still. We all go in hope rather than expectation this year will be better than last. If the current group think fans will not voice an opinion at games when players dont perform they have come to the wrong club.  The last few games have shown this.  Shocking performances at home and fans have to let players know it's not good enough.   Forfar away and dumbarton on Saturday and fans really got behind the team. Nothing to do with messages on DTV or Facebook.  Regardless of who the players or manager is airdrie fans will come and watch.  Good play and fans will get behind them, bad play fans will complain.  I've seen plenty stay behind to applaud players off when we have lost because we seen hard work and decent play.  It won't change and I for 1 hope it never does.  

5 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Was right out of the Reverend I am jolly script.

It sounded as if it was blaming, in part, poor performance on the atmosphere in the stadium and the fans' part in creating it.

Saturday demonstrated pretty well that the atmosphere at home is just fine if the team is trying its best to be competitive.  In a way the win / 3 points were less important than the manner in which the team approached the game.

1 hour ago, Ballboy said:

I understand the current board have investment to look after and money to make. I wish them well as it means I get to see some success.  What I'm saying is to some of us it doesn't matter what league were in. Good players or mediocre.  I for one know I'll be there next year and the year after. Theres some guys been dedicated to our club longer and will be still. We all go in hope rather than expectation this year will be better than last. If the current group think fans will not voice an opinion at games when players dont perform they have come to the wrong club.  The last few games have shown this.  Shocking performances at home and fans have to let players know it's not good enough.   Forfar away and dumbarton on Saturday and fans really got behind the team. Nothing to do with messages on DTV or Facebook.  Regardless of who the players or manager is airdrie fans will come and watch.  Good play and fans will get behind them, bad play fans will complain.  I've seen plenty stay behind to applaud players off when we have lost because we seen hard work and decent play.  It won't change and I for 1 hope it never does.  

I agree been saying only started playing when we were chasing the game and changed formation and the fans were made the scapegoat for poor home form. What irritates me is they want fans expect us to pay our cash but don't moan if the product we pay to see is piss.

What initiatives are there to encourage fans never see press articles to get fans excited, get a bus running in a loop from town centre pub route. Staying in Holytown I get bombarded with info from they sad individuals that wear frilly knickers and run like hell. They try to get not just kids but all ages to go to games when do you see anything out of Airdrie.... and I stand corrected if the club do all that but I don't see it even the social media is bit poor.  

As you say good footie few wins will get the fans behind the team.