The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

13 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Guy on the Facebook page suggests moving us to the East Stand to create a better atmosphere as it’s a bit more smaller and more compact. Thoughts?

I'd be delighted just getting some sun to be fair.

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's a fear of your own team not others.

I would say that the only time I fear my own team is when some bright spark in defence decides to pass back to the keeper, but that emotion is hard to separate out from the rest of the dread I feel through the game.

43 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Guy on the Facebook page suggests moving us to the East Stand to create a better atmosphere as it’s a bit more smaller and more compact. Thoughts?

A non starter - the main stand would still have to be opened and used and it would be cost prohibitive to open up another stand - toilets, kiosk etc... and have 2 stands operational to facilitate crowds of 600-700.

A non starter - the main stand would still have to be opened and used and it would be cost prohibitive to open up another stand - toilets, kiosk etc... and have 2 stands operational to facilitate crowds of 600-700.

I get that the main stand houses the changing rooms, the directors/hospitality boxes and the public bar, but the stand would be shut to spectators who would now be in the East Stand. The East Stand lights have to go on anyway as the press box is in that stand so I don’t see there being any additional costs involved.

I get that the main stand houses the changing rooms, the directors/hospitality boxes and the public bar, but the stand would be shut to spectators who would now be in the East Stand. The East Stand lights have to go on anyway as the press box is in that stand so I don’t see there being any additional costs involved.

Couldn’t the same effect be achieved by closing the outside ends of the main stand and funnelling everyone into the 3 centre blocks.

Not sure that 600 spread across a 2.5K stand would feel much better than the same number spread across a 3.5K one.

Couldn’t the same effect be achieved by closing the outside ends of the main stand and funnelling everyone into the 3 centre blocks.

Not sure that 600 spread across a 2.5K stand would feel much better than the same number spread across a 3.5K one.

They tried that a couple of seasons back - lasted 2 games as the guys along the far end complained.

11 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Callum Smith doing alright?

Josh Edwards has started to look the part past few games. A bit raw but he's looked defensively better than Jackson Longridge and Talbot before him.

Works hard scored few decent goals but misses a lot of decent chances still he is young enough to learn 

3 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

To be fair the Clyde support looked decent. Not much between our away support and theirs these days. 🙁

Yeah not much at all

Average Attendance - Away Matches
1 East Fife   1,771
2 Falkirk   1,749
3 Clyde   1,494
4 Forfar Athletic   1,263
5 Montrose   1,258
6 Dumbarton   1,247
7 Peterhead   1,109
8 Raith Rovers   1,041
9 Airdrieonians   644
10 Stranraer   599