The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Murray bemoaning the "lack of tempo" yesterday.

Really? If it's tempo he wants why is he playing such a slow lump as Wedderburn? Wedderburn can receive the ball from a team mate and I can go get my pie and bovril in the time it takes for him to decide a further 3 yard pass to either side of him is in order.

35 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Really? If it's tempo he wants why is he playing such a slow lump as Wedderburn? Wedderburn can receive the ball from a team mate and I can go get my pie and bovril in the time it takes for him to decide a further 3 yard pass to either side of him is in order.

Are you praising the pie service or !!!!!!!!😂😂

22 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Hit us on the counter... they were all over us from the 5th minute did he notice the attempt at goal stats .... the new players crap we are quarter of the way through the season... and how bad are the pies too!!! 

What game was he watching !! Young boys will only learn by their mistakes well Mr Murray it is taking them a long time as they have been making plenty this season .

9 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Lets put our slant on it.

After going 1-0 down after only three minutes, I feared the worst.
However, the Montrose players never looked phased and stuck to their  game plan. 
We looked slick and sharp going forward and Matty Allen and Dillo cleaned up everything that Airdrie had to offer. In fairness, it wasn't much
This was our easiest game this season.
For a full time / semi full time team, what ever they do during the week clearly didn't work.

A great win for us and a very deserved thre

You are spot on ...

14 hours ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Decent player. Gets no service. 

Plenty of effort, Decent player, over plays it quite a lot, tends to take an extra touch when he should be getting a shot in, or pass away

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

To be fair to wedderburn,  who fits the Airdrie scapegoat blueprint quite easily, was one of the two Airdrie players trying to pass the ball in the second half,  with relative success, unfortunately Josh Kerr was the other one who passed straight to the opposition causing 2 goals,    we are a truly horrendous side iwe had 9 full-time players starting the game, same performance, different personnel means that the coaching and tactics are unworkable, and a football team that cannot score, cannot create and begin to leak bad goals are only going one way sadly,

17 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Stuart millar for me deserves just as much stick as Murray gets. Strange decision giving him a 2 year deal from starters. Recruitment in the summer was awful as there’s been no stand out signings so far, and into the bargain he’s an absolute bawbag of a guy. Ad get shot of him before a would Ian Murray.

Interesting to see that Murray has thrown our not required Director of Football under the bus, clearly stating on his post mix interview, that recruitment was  DOF job,   The first sign of trouble behind the scenes,  The Director of Football is in charge of this clusterf**k,   He'll let's not stop there where is our chairman Martin Ferguson the only time you seem his is filling up on his free lunches,   he is the club figurehead or certainly has that position,  Make hard decisions,  change what needs changes just get things done ffs,  if all you are here for is to be a prawn sandwich connoisseur then you can f**k off too...

To be fair to wedderburn,  who fits the Airdrie scapegoat blueprint quite easily,

What is this scapegoat blueprint?

And I'll be fair here, Crighton's distribution throughout the match was fucking horrendous, the keeper was poor but in fairness to him he's not got a lot of experience playing behind such a woeful back line. McDonald and McCann suffered from exceptionally poor decision making regards when to pass instead of trying to take a man on (although again in fairness to them it's difficult to pass when there is nobody looking to take a pass).

To be fair to wedderburn,  who fits the Airdrie scapegoat blueprint quite easily, was one of the two Airdrie players trying to pass the ball in the second half,  with relative success, unfortunately Josh Kerr was the other one who passed straight to the opposition causing 2 goals,    we are a truly horrendous side iwe had 9 full-time players starting the game, same performance, different personnel means that the coaching and tactics are unworkable, and a football team that cannot score, cannot create and begin to leak bad goals are only going one way sadly,

Wit a scapegoat for being pish?

6 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Wit a scapegoat for being pish?

Was probably his best game when he got the ball however that said he is too slow Montrose midfield passed not just him but the whole midfield. ..when was the last time an Airdrie midfielder got pulled for a bad or even hard tackle or sent off for an over zealous challenge to slow to powder puff and too busy admiring the opposition 

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

So who's been the other scapegoats?

I wasn't even at the game today and I'm in a c**t of a mood. I was happy with the appointment of Murray and thought he did a good job last season of solidifying us and steadying the ship, especially considering the players he had to work with. I was looking forward to this season. Given that we were relatively solid last season and his reputation for building a team capable of attacking football at Dumbarton, I thought we might finally have the man to take us forward and get us out this league. 
But my patience is gone. I'm pissed off that we play 5 at the back + two 'defensive' midfielders almost every week (in LEAGUE ONE) but yet we still can't defend. I'm pissed off that Murray still doesn't know his best team despite it being almost November. I'm pissed off at the amount of players that play out of position (especially our top goal scorer either playing out wide or being left on the bench). I'm pissed off that there's no balance to the team at all (especially in midfield) and as a result there's no link up play whatsoever from back-to-middle-to-front. I'm especially pissed off that none of these mistakes are being learned from every single week. I don't consider myself an expert on football but if I, and other fans, can spot these things, why can't the manager or the plethora of backroom staff spot them and/or fix them? I think the club has professionalised the set up off the field in a lot of ways over the close-season. Of course I support this, albeit with concerns about how we're paying for a full-time manager and assistant manager, a first team coach and goalie coach,  a reserve coach, scouts, half a dozen or so medial staff and a playing squad of almost 40 (it's not with our crowds I can tell you that and how long are you going to pump money into such a set-up for with so little to show for it?). At the end of the day, it's pointless if we're going to be bumping around League 1 forever. Get us up in amongst the bigger crowds in the Championship then move forward from there. 
I'm not sure if getting rid of Murray is the sole answer or if there's just a general malaise/curse over the club but I certainly can't put up with much more of this anymore. I work almost every Saturday but have no motivation now to get the time off to watch us play. There's only so much of the same shit (10+ years) you can put up with every week. Sad. 

I agree with everything you said I have enough supported the Diamonds for 65 years sad ending for a loyal supporter.