The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Stuart millar for me deserves just as much stick as Murray gets. Strange decision giving him a 2 year deal from starters. Recruitment in the summer was awful as there’s been no stand out signings so far, and into the bargain he’s an absolute bawbag of a guy. Ad get shot of him before a would Ian Murray.

Also heard through the grapevine that Hutton was dropped today because he was arguing with Murray after the game last week. Sign of a manager that’s lost the plot

Don’t think he’s ever had the plot to lose. He’s absolutely clueless.

33 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Stuart millar for me deserves just as much stick as Murray gets. Strange decision giving him a 2 year deal from starters. Recruitment in the summer was awful as there’s been no stand out signings so far, and into the bargain he’s an absolute bawbag of a guy. Ad get shot of him before a would Ian Murray.

I used to be a happy clapper but no longer. A lot of money has been made available seemingly but not well spent.

I wonder whether the director of football actually watched any of the marvellous new players we signed or took somebody else’s word for it. I wonder what part Murray played in this. It seemed to be a very haphazard policy as we have no discernible pattern to our play. We appeared to be improving in defence but now we are starting to lose goals. Our midfield is awful and Murray does not seem to realise that you need strikers to score some goals. The only potential goalscorer we have spends as much time on the bench or out of position as a striker. We have no wide player of any consequence.

I have come to the conclusion that Murray is the worst manager we have had in a long while.  That is saying something. He does not have a clue. Last year and this year he has not put out the same team in two consecutive matches. WHY, OH WHY, WAS HE GIVEN A 2 YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION?

We seem to be suffering a lot of bad luck or lack of judgement in how we have been spending money. Things are desperate. When I think back to Ryan and Russell banging in the goals  I despair.  I would almost welcome back Adam Brown! 

I used to be a happy clapper but no longer. A lot of money has been made available seemingly but not well spent.
I wonder whether the director of football actually watched any of the marvellous new players we signed or took somebody else’s word for it. I wonder what part Murray played in this. It seemed to be a very haphazard policy as we have no discernible pattern to our play. We appeared to be improving in defence but now we are starting to lose goals. Our midfield is awful and Murray does not seem to realise that you need strikers to score some goals. The only potential goalscorer we have spends as much time on the bench or out of position as a striker. We have no wide player of any consequence.
I have come to the conclusion that Murray is the worst manager we have had in a long while.  That is saying something. He does not have a clue. Last year and this year he has not put out the same team in two consecutive matches. WHY, OH WHY, WAS HE GIVEN A 2 YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION?
We seem to be suffering a lot of bad luck or lack of judgement in how we have been spending money. Things are desperate. When I think back to Ryan and Russell banging in the goals  I despair.  I would almost welcome back Adam Brown! 

I Would welcome back Habib Sissoko it’s that bad!!

The likes of Scott Stewart and Dean Cairns wouldn’t stand for this shit. Then again they’d probably find themselves out the team for questioning the manager. And only if we had someone who knew how to put the ball in the net... like Cammy Russell for instance.

The likes of Scott Stewart and Dean Cairns wouldn’t stand for this shit. Then again they’d probably find themselves out the team for questioning the manager. And only if we had someone who knew how to put the ball in the net... like Cammy Russell for instance.

Maybe that’s why they were shipped out.....
IMG_1119.jpg

4 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

I Would welcome back Habib Sissoko it’s that bad!!

So obvious at start of season that East -Fife  ,Raith and Falkirk. Could not get enough strikers ,no  coincidence that they are top .and well done to Montrose  better team all round ,like most teams are .manager can not get anything out of players with his chopping and changing every week ,he talks a good game but can manage none as his record with us shows .

First of all congratulations to Montrose. Despite losing that early goal in one of our rare long throw "training ground" move succeeding, they seemed unconcerned about not getting back into the game. They looked pacier and more composed once they settled  and amazingly they appear to know how to pass the ball in flowing moves. As soon as they put the goalie under pressure with his dallying on pass backs it looked as if they could equalise. I could blame the goalie for his poor clearance but the No 20 simply strode past all those chancers in defence to thump it in. It reminded me of the poor goal we lost to Liam Watt at Methil. Our response was it's usual C.R.A.P ( Cannot recover any play) and it was no surprise to see the second come along. Indeed they should have had a third just before half time. The failure to change players at half time when McKay and a few other s reappeared tells me a lot about how clueless/stubborn Murray is. I might excuse Wedderburn (!) a wee bit in the second half but our lack of footballing moves is shocking and has been consistent since Murray came in.  Gallagher did have a poor day( That first half corner shambles)  but Hawkshaw is too light weight and can't make up for that immobile midfield. Rarely was their defence pressurised and our defending at that third goal when Kerr thinks he is a ball playing CB!  I missed the Elgin game but a restrained family friendly section was just on the edge of the old " Broomfield" outbursts. Murray vanished quickly and a sense of resignation hung over the emptying ground. Could this be the quickest end to a 2 year deal since Hugo Faria?