The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

We must be spending an absolute fortune. Trying not to worry about it but low crowds, a cast of thousands in terms of players and staff, and a seeming lack of diversity amongst the match day sponsors does make me wonder. Especially when it looks like promotion ain't happening this year.

The main sponsors must really be pumping some cash in.

38 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

Thoughts on tomorrow?? Feel like we’ll mix it up a bit, maybe some fringe players drafted in.. or maybe not guaranteed there will be a surprise selection knowing Murray 

Fringe players drafted in,are you joking ,manager needs to play a settled team for 3-4 weeks ,would agree you may be able to bring in fringe players and not see the difference,but surely it's time for manager to put what he thinks his best team and play it for next few weeks .hope we win and win well to-morrow but not to confident ,

Not sure what Murray will go with tomorrow, think he'll stick with the 3-5-2 but whether he makes some personnel changes remains to be seen. I'd like to see Roberts drop back in to replace either McKay or Wedderburn and have Carrick or Hawkshaw in behind the strikers...theres no reason to be playing 2 defensive midfielders at home against Elgin. 

It's a good opportunity to progress to the quarters so I think we'll have quite a strong team out....no need to be resting players unless they have been struggling with injuries.

Only asking opinions does anybody think Wedderburn will start tomorrow???
Wouldn't surprise me if he still starts him.

I'd like to see the same 352 with Hawkshaw and Roberts in the midfield next to a DM but that's probably asking for too much attacking options from Murray. Would like to see some of the young guys like Moore or Ross on the bench

1 hour ago, NorthernDiamond said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he still starts him.

I'd like to see the same 352 with Hawkshaw and Roberts in the midfield next to a DM but that's probably asking for too much attacking options from Murray. Would like to see some of the young guys like Moore or Ross on the bench

It’s a tough one , we could leave  Wedderburn and Roy on the bench would they be able to change a game if things going wrong .I would not think so ,with McCann cup tied maybe will bring in a couple new faces from young team .

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Wedderburn , Carrick and Roy upfront respect your opinion but your having a laugh 

Stand corrected some inside information you must have same opinion as manager ,Gallagher on bench  ,oh Wedderburn on bench wrong on that one .