The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

14 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

Very interesting to see who will be drafted in as a replacement, full time or part time..

Agreed. Crighton left his coaching role at Morton for a similar role with us so he's presumably already full-time (?) with the squad along with Murray. Would think it's most likely he'll get the role but it seems a good opportunity to shake things up a little.

3 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Agreed. Crighton left his coaching role at Morton for a similar role with us so he's presumably already full-time (?) with the squad along with Murray. Would think it's most likely he'll get the role but it seems a good opportunity to shake things up a little.

Feel like a player/ captain/ assistant manager could get a bit messy

22 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Correct - Ricky Waddell at Caledonian Braves (formerly Edusport)

I was not keeping up with this news and have no idea who will come in; but thanks to Marc for all his time with us and but for a horrendous Jim Goodwin assault he could have continued playing. If our finances were supporting him as PT assistant , will our over stretched budget extend to any worthy  candidates?  How about Mourinho? (  I am off to Portugal soon)

22 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

My money is on Prunty

More interesting to me is why is Fitz going now ? As someone pointed out he seems to have nowhere to go.  There were plenty nice words said but , call me a conspiracy theorist if you like, it looks to me yet another mysterious happening at our club. Pity he’s not taking someone else with him.

Probably a question we will never know the answer to. The guy has hsut graduated from uni so maybe it's what it says on the tin, maybe theres something more to it or maybe its hes recently found out I'm his neighbour[emoji23]joking aside though, he was far from a legend but was definitely a good pro and servant to the club. Best of luck to him wherever and whatever hes going onto

More interesting to me is why is Fitz going now ? As someone pointed out he seems to have nowhere to go.  There were plenty nice words said but , call me a conspiracy theorist if you like, it looks to me yet another mysterious happening at our club. Pity he’s not taking someone else with him.

Don't suppose we will ever know the reason for Fitz leaving ,my guess is he has been punted ,seems it has been in the pipeline ,if Colin Cameron's name is being linked to his job ,but seen nothing on official site as yet ,have a feeling something not right with our club .we don't seem to be able to take a step forward ,I see the future got beat 3-0 by Livi last night .happy days right enough .

14 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I was not keeping up with this news and have no idea who will come in; but thanks to Marc for all his time with us and but for a horrendous Jim Goodwin assault he could have continued playing. If our finances were supporting him as PT assistant , will our over stretched budget extend to any worthy  candidates?  How about Mourinho? (  I am off to Portugal soon)

There is an ex Portuguese diamond working as a 'coach' in the EPL... 

Don't suppose we will ever know the reason for Fitz leaving ,my guess is he has been punted ,seems it has been in the pipeline ,if Colin Cameron's name is being linked to his job ,but seen nothing on official site as yet ,have a feeling something not right with our club .we don't seem to be able to take a step forward ,I see the future got beat 3-0 by Livi last night .happy days right enough .
He says in his statement that he can't commit to full time training, don't know where this desire for a conspiracy is coming from when there's a very reasonable response given by Fitz and the club. Don't know much about Colin Cameron but if it means bringing in someone else who can coach full time rather than just the manager and Crighton then that's an upgrade in my book. As for the reserves game since when do people genuinely care about their results over player development apart from when they want a moan? From what I can see it's the only loss this season for them too so right enough there must be something seriously not right at our club.

47 minutes ago, NorthernDiamond said:
3 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

He says in his statement that he can't commit to full time training, don't know where this desire for a conspiracy is coming from when there's a very reasonable response given by Fitz and the club. Don't know much about Colin Cameron but if it means bringing in someone else who can coach full time rather than just the manager and Crighton then that's an upgrade in my book. As for the reserves game since when do people genuinely care about their results over player development apart from when they want a moan? From what I can see it's the only loss this season for them too so right enough there must be something seriously not right at our club.

Yes I agree with this. Can't say I see anything malicious or untoward about it at all. If he can't commit to full-time training or wants to explore opportunities elsewhere or in football (he might fancy a manager's gig somewhere lower down the food chain) then fair enough and best of luck to him. And if we can get a replacement in who can commit and work with the squad full-time along with Murray (Colin Cameron or whoever else) then that seems like an improvement to me. Surely that's what we want as fans?

3 hours ago, NorthernDiamond said:
6 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

There we go wrong again,I only read the club statement sorry I never seen fitz's statement ,