The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

We've been really uninspiring all season but are still in a decent position. Shows just how tight/shite this league is.

If we could just hit a wee run of form it could make all the difference.

12 minutes ago, Moon said:

We've been really uninspiring all season but are still in a decent position. Shows just how tight/shite this league is.

If we could just hit a wee run of form it could make all the difference.

Good 3points ,now would be a good time to bring in a couple of good loan player if we can,you can se our problem with our stats ,that has got to be a worry for manager .

I really doubt we'll see any further signings, our squad is pretty big. I've got no idea where the money is coming from to pay for what we have on the crowds we've got. 

Last season I felt as though we had signed players but didn't really know what our system would be and so we ended up with a squad but not a team. Strangely (and unexpectedly), it feels similar to a degree this year as we still don't seem to be able to link midfield to attack. So plenty of midfielders but no-one to carry out the roles that we need.

10 hours ago, Moon said:

I really doubt we'll see any further signings, our squad is pretty big. I've got no idea where the money is coming from to pay for what we have on the crowds we've got. 

Last season I felt as though we had signed players but didn't really know what our system would be and so we ended up with a squad but not a team. Strangely (and unexpectedly), it feels similar to a degree this year as we still don't seem to be able to link midfield to attack. So plenty of midfielders but no-one to carry out the roles that we need.

Going by the few posts on our site ,not much interest on our win yesterday .hard place to go and get 3 points .

I think most of the supporters are in "meh" mood, for far too many years we have been fed promises that next season will be the one that we go for promotion.  I don't realistically see it happening this season.  What I see happening is building for the future, lots of youngsters and lots of future potential, but nothing that is going to make an impact in the short term.  Think it would have been better for the club to say that the plan is to build for the future, but not to expect success now.

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Going by the few posts on our site ,not much interest on our win yesterday .hard place to go and get 3 points .

Put it on the other thread and only the hardy one bus/ plus a few cars in the away support. Hard to comment on games you don't actually see but it was an excellent three points.

11 hours ago, Old Diamond said:
11 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

I think most of the supporters are in "meh" mood, for far too many years we have been fed promises that next season will be the one that we go for promotion.  I don't realistically see it happening this season.  What I see happening is building for the future, lots of youngsters and lots of future potential, but nothing that is going to make an impact in the short term.  Think it would have been better for the club to say that the plan is to build for the future, but not to expect success now.

Aye ,never going to happen ,looks like we are stuck in league 1 ,

9 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

My money is on Prunty

Interesting move by both parties,  fitzy  was Part Time and with the club woefully short of coaching on a full time day to day basis possibly makes sense.   Far from being a club legend, although he has given more to the club in that time than some of them,  Good Captain and Leader.

has Prunty got the relevant coaching badges, I don't think so, he would be better staying in his cheerleading role.

41 minutes ago, Passionate said:

has Prunty got the relevant coaching badges, I don't think so, he would be better staying in his cheerleading role.

f**k sake, did Prunty take your lunch money or something?