The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Hasn't been confirmed anywhere by us or St Johnstone he's been sent back but knew he was out injured (as referred to above). Point still stands though - we're making it unnecessarily difficult for ourselves by setting up so defensively when there's absolutely no need to.   

Lack of communication over this one definitely but he's no longer listed on the squad list on our website so I assume the loan was terminated

Some of you on here might groan at this but I think it'd be worth considering to bring wedderburn back into the starting 11. Had a howler against East Fife and looked dodgy when he came on against Dumbarton but that midfield needs shook up and he can't be worse than what was on offer today.

Things (or players) can always be worse.

3 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Sandy Stewart  takes charge of Ayr ,as McCall goes to Thistle .strange one .

Strange that McCall has gone? or that Stewarts in charge?

Reading their threads, apparently I McC was on a rolling month to month contract at Ayr, and IMO, I reckon Thistle was the only (realistic) team he would have left Ayr for. Im sure I read his boys a ST holder there, and he's obviously got a connection with them from years ago as well.  Probably one of they ones, you never know the next time its going to come up and his Stocks as high as it's ever been after the job he's done at Ayr.

Anyway

f*ck the Thistle

f*ck the Ayr.

21 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Strange that McCall has gone? or that Stewarts in charge?

Reading their threads, apparently I McC was on a rolling month to month contract at Ayr, and IMO, I reckon Thistle was the only (realistic) team he would have left Ayr for. Im sure I read his boys a ST holder there, and he's obviously got a connection with them from years ago as well.  Probably one of they ones, you never know the next time its going to come up and his Stocks as high as it's ever been after the job he's done at Ayr.

Anyway

f*ck the Thistle

f*ck the Ayr.

Aye. We used to be able to do that ,

2 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

Almost that time again, scores and team predictions..? 

Im going for 3-0 finally we find the goal more than once in a match and it ends up comfortable.

Willison 

fordyce Crighton kerr

mckay Roberts Wedderburn Mccann 

hawkshaw

smith Roy 

No Wedderburn or Roy for me thanks, the both offer absolutely zero on the park for me. I will give you Hawkshaw though, i'd like to see more of him as I always thought he tried his best to get forward and create rather than the pedestrian back and sideways passing.

I'd have McCann back in on that left for sure though, and persevere with Gallagher and Smith up front.

31 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

No Wedderburn or Roy for me thanks, the both offer absolutely zero on the park for me. I will give you Hawkshaw though, i'd like to see more of him as I always thought he tried his best to get forward and create rather than the pedestrian back and sideways passing.

I'd have McCann back in on that left for sure though, and persevere with Gallagher and Smith up front.

Roy in front of Gallagher up front ,some one else thinking like the manager ,let's change it ,

Wedderburn when he has time can ping a lovely pass into space - but in this league, time is something he can't count on  - so the telling passes for the forwards are few and far between . Also  he's not got the pace to support and join up with the forwards  in attack. So again the forwards without this midfield support  would be feeding on long ball scraps.

If Hutton is injured, is Gallagher able to play instead? He played against Bohemians and I've not hears anything more on an injury for Scott.
Why not try something like.....
............................Gallagher..........................
.....Fordyce........Crighton........Kerr.....
.............................Millar.....................
MacDonald..Roberts..Hawkshaw..McCann
.........,.........Gallagher..Smith.................

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

If Hutton is injured, is Gallagher able to play instead? He played against Bohemians and I've not hears anything more on an injury for Scott.
Why not try something like.....
............................Gallagher..........................
.....Fordyce........Crighton........Kerr.....
.............................Millar.....................
MacDonald..Roberts..Hawkshaw..McCann
.........,.........Gallagher..Smith.................

It's a bad job when we have played as many games and still have not a clue what our best team is ,McCann was outstanding against us  at left back but there again so is every others teams left back ,we have nobody than can ask questions of them ,same on the right side ,in fact are we any better than we where the last couple of seasons ,Personaly I thought we were ,not so sure now .

Just now, Jack Reed said:

It's a bad job when we have played as many games and still have not a clue what our best team is ,McCann was outstanding against us  at left back but there again so is every others teams left back ,we have nobody than can ask questions of them ,same on the right side ,in fact are we any better than we where the last couple of seasons ,Personaly I thought we were ,not so sure now .

To be fair McCann was outstanding against Falkirk FOR us as well.

In response to your last sentence, the honest answer..... I don't know. And that's purely down to not knowing the best, consistent starting 11.  The fact that there could be 10 of us on here posting a team for tomorrow, and I'll bet there's close to 10 different line ups.

One things for sure, we don't need 2 defensive midfielders and the majority I think will agree, this isn't a league for that, especially playing a back 3 with wing backs. I'm all for not conceding goals, but we need to start scoring some as well and there's just far too big of a gap between the middle of the park and the front 2.  Smiths more than capable of holding the ball up but there's absolutely no support when he does.

Thomson cant play wing back on the right, he has no defensive ability so to shoehorn him in, it would need to be a back 4 IMO, but again, who's the best LB and RB?

Lots of questions needing answers, and I still stand by my comments last year that I'll be giving the manager until at least the end of the first quarter of games to properly form an opinion.

5 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

To be fair McCann was outstanding against Falkirk FOR us as well.

In response to your last sentence, the honest answer..... I don't know. And that's purely down to not knowing the best, consistent starting 11.  The fact that there could be 10 of us on here posting a team for tomorrow, and I'll bet there's close to 10 different line ups.

One things for sure, we don't need 2 defensive midfielders and the majority I think will agree, this isn't a league for that, especially playing a back 3 with wing backs. I'm all for not conceding goals, but we need to start scoring some as well and there's just far too big of a gap between the middle of the park and the front 2.  Smiths more than capable of holding the ball up but there's absolutely no support when he does.

Thomson cant play wing back on the right, he has no defensive ability so to shoehorn him in, it would need to be a back 4 IMO, but again, who's the best LB and RB?

Lots of questions needing answers, and I still stand by my comments last year that I'll be giving the manager until at least the end of the first quarter of games to properly form an opinion.

To be fair most ,not all the boys brought in are decent players it's what has happened to them when they start playing here ,manager can't keep blaming the quality on the park most week on the players,games in this league with us mostly anyway are one goal decides ,we need to get stuck in more ,effort then more effort will win games in this league ,think we really need a lot more support for Smith upfront to give us a chance ,

Nothing acceptable but a comfortable win tomorrow. I'd revert to a back 4 to replace a defender with an extra positive player. I'd go for something like

Hutton

Fordyce Crighton Kerr McCann

Thomson Roberts Wedderburn Carrick

Gallagher Smith

Not including Hawkshaw as he's barely played all season but he could easily come in on the left ahead of Carrick if the manager fancies him. Can't make the game tomorrow but I hope the highlights are at least enjoyable