The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

8 minutes ago, airdrie_3 said:

Aye the grass pitches outside the stadium, don’t know why they weren’t training in the in the stadium though.

Thanks. It maybe means you are less likely to get injuries on grass- training sessions? I can't remember if the club sponsored the facilities there with NLC ?  

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Thanks. It maybe means you are less likely to get injuries on grass- training sessions? I can't remember if the club sponsored the facilities there with NLC ?  

Does Roberts not have a problem with artificial grounds ,was not selected on sat ,seem to think that has happened before ,

10 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Does Roberts not have a problem with artificial grounds ,was not selected on sat ,seem to think that has happened before ,

Surely we would not sign someone with such a problem when you think that much of L1 is played on artificial grounds? (Us/Raith/Montrose/Forfar/East Fife/ Falkirk/Clyde) And Dumbarton was long grass on Saturday?  

23 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Surely we would not sign someone with such a problem when you think that much of L1 is played on artificial grounds? (Us/Raith/Montrose/Forfar/East Fife/ Falkirk/Clyde) And Dumbarton was long grass on Saturday?  

Must have been dropped then !

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Played for the reserves , the other night, 

Thanks for info. I don't think I have seen a reserve game since the early and non car 70s when you used to be able to on a Saturday if the away game was too far away. I did see the game against the Canadian team a few years ago which featured the young guys ( who are now all gone-cairns/Mcintosh/Russell etc )  What was the score? How did he play?

10 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Thanks for info. I don't think I have seen a reserve game since the early and non car 70s when you used to be able to on a Saturday if the away game was too far away. I did see the game against the Canadian team a few years ago which featured the young guys ( who are now all gone-cairns/Mcintosh/Russell etc )  What was the score? How did he play?

10 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

We beat Queen's Park  1-0 ,Marku another of our signings for the future made the bench for this game,

40 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

Anyone know if Crighton’s fit for tomorrow? If not I’ve no clue what team he’ll go with

If any doubt at all, surely he cannot play,  if he plays with a dodgy hamstring and it goes he could be out for months,   we have cover not worth the risk I,MO.

12 hours ago, waysider said:

I am overwhelmed by excitement. Maybe by the end of his new contract he will have worked out what position everybody plays.

Aye and brought in a couple of striker if we are to get out of this league ,however most seem to think he has done a good job ,eyes are going to be opened before end of season .

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Out of interest, what is it Stuart Millar actually does at Airdrie? I know he's labelled as "director of football", but what the hell does that entail at our level?

Recruitment, scouting, liaising between the Board and Ian Murray, plenty other remits - all enough to keep him busy in the part time role. 

12 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye and brought in a couple of striker if we are to get out of this league ,however most seem to think he has done a good job ,eyes are going to be opened before end of season .

Interesting to see that 2 recently released players from higher leagues have been snapped up by our rivals,   Stranraer signing Andy Stirling, and East Fire signing the very talented Steven Boyd,   no idea if we were in for these players or not, I just hope we haven't spunked all our money on the 'future'. ........

On 20/09/2019 at 08:57, Stevo1968 said:

Anyone know if Crighton’s fit for tomorrow? If not I’ve no clue what team he’ll go with

I'd go for the same team as last week but swap out McCann for Eckersley. If Crighton isn't fit then Eckersley or Mckay could play in the back three.