The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

28 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

McCann not quite able to repeat what he done against Falkirk and looked a wee bit afraid to take a man on at times but definitely a talent and I'd expect him to pick up again. Wouldn't be surprised if Eckersley comes in at wing back for the Raith Rovers game though.

Was thinking the same myself,  McCann seemed a little lost at times today,  Good sub bringing on Eckersley,  Eckersleys experience could be vital over the next few weeks of Crighton will be missing a while.  Roberts never made the cut today,  is he injured or just not rated at the moment.

30 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Hutton obviously to thank for those three points today, and I also think Millar was excellent in the second half at helping us see out the win, but worth noting that Kerr, MacDonald, and McKay all had solid games again. All three are young lads which has me feeling (without getting too carried away) fairly optimistic for our future.

Totally agree. First half I thought Millar wasn't at the races - but second half he was in about Dumbarton - in about breaking things up - couple of big tackles. MacDonald excellent - kinda reminds me of young Sandy Stewart in stature but the boy has a good few skillful tricks in him. Kerr and McKay excellent too - and we now have flexibility defensively with McKay  who can switch from mid to defence like today with  Crighton going  off  and Fordyce  going to central defence .  Have to mention to  Smith and Gallagher who did a power of work up front as well.   But David Hutton - man of the match - saved us when  we need to be saved - job done - 3 points instead of 1.

13 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Hutton obviously to thank for those three points today, and I also think Millar was excellent in the second half at helping us see out the win, but worth noting that Kerr, MacDonald, and McKay all had solid games again. All three are young lads which has me feeling (without getting too carried away) fairly optimistic for our future.

Early days yet but Kerr and McKay are potentially a future classy centre-half pairing. 

2 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

Strong performance yesterday and if we have a natural finisher the score kind would’ve been a bit more comfortable.

Felt the standouts were Hutton Kerr anc McKay who I think will have a massive day in how our season goes.

You missed out Miller, or were you at a different game?

A win next week would be a statement of intent ,surprise packets east fife are going well and have plenty options where goals are coming from, Raith @Falkirk were always going to be a threat ,you never know we do have some good players and won’t be far away ,
Please do win next week. Or even just get a draw that would be nice

3 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

Surprised to see so many of you guys saying Kerr had a good game, I thought he was terrible especially in the first half. Constantly outmuscled and looked terrified when the ball came his way.

Can’t say I agree with you on that, looked like in his first few games he was guilty of overplaying but seems to have had that drummed our him and looks much more solid imo

Surprised to see so many of you guys saying Kerr had a good game, I thought he was terrible especially in the first half. Constantly outmuscled and looked terrified when the ball came his way.

Talk pish,he’s had a good 2-3 games he’s no maldini,you’ve got to remember it’s airdrie he plays for not Real Madrid

13 minutes ago, airdrie_3 said:

Saw the first team out training at Craignuke park and Seans taking part so looks like he’ll be ok for Saturday.

Do you mean the pitches outside the Stadium? Are they still grass or am I not up to date with my memories of the old pitches at Craigneuk? If he is fit for Saturday I will be happy as I think he has been really good this season

Do you mean the pitches outside the Stadium? Are they still grass or am I not up to date with my memories of the old pitches at Craigneuk? If he is fit for Saturday I will be happy as I think he has been really good this season

Aye the grass pitches outside the stadium, don’t know why they weren’t training in the in the stadium though.