The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

9 hours ago, diamondman said:

Dilemma here. A draw lets me 'tick off' an elusive away venue.

You would need to be a fair age to have watched Airdrie at Elgin, the only recorded meeting was in the Scottish Cup in 1961, a 2:2 draw resulting in a home win in the replay at Broomfield  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960–61_Scottish_Cup  since then we have played them at home just the once, a home tie in the League Cup in 2002 which we won 1:0

26 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

You would need to be a fair age to have watched Airdrie at Elgin, the only recorded meeting was in the Scottish Cup in 1961, a 2:2 draw resulting in a home win in the replay at Broomfield  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960–61_Scottish_Cup  since then we have played them at home just the once, a home tie in the League Cup in 2002 which we won 1:0

Or the pre season tour in 2004.....

11 hours ago, elgin proud said:

we feel the same

This is absolutely the right attitude for both teams, and a winnable tie for either team..

I've seen enough of Elgins preseason results and read their thread to know they've been playing some decent stuff, and I've seen enough of Airdrie to know that on any given day we can stink the place out with absolute garbage. Alternatively the first half against Hamilton in the league cup, was some of the best football I've seen in the last 10 years at Broomfield, so play like that and there's no doubt we can win.

I'd have loved an away day to Wrexham, Ballymena or Connahs Quay, but if we win this one and make it through, there's even better odds of landing a plum away day.

Thanks el Gringo just seems to have been this season that the programmes have been sold out early doors .Not in the know for numbers printed but I think that some people have missed out which is revenue lost and as you say any unsold can then be put in the shop for future sales or for anyone who missed the game etc.

6 hours ago, el Gringo said:

If you've missed out on a specific programme, ask in the shop or at reception and we can get more printed. Within reason, obviously - we can do stuff from the last couple of seasons, but not the 1920s.

Any 1924 cup final programmes kicking about in the shop? If not a beach towel will suffice. 

46 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

David III, King of Scots.

image.png.362b4e9817002c46dff755d3ff4cdeff.png

Posted on the game thread but Hutton did earn us those three points. Mind you Paul Mckay has now scored as many goals as his twin brother had for the Diamonds., so he could be an Earl. Two weeks in a row and I have applauded them off the park. Two home games coming up and a bit of revenge over Raith and keeping Stranraer in their poor run against us, will make me happy.

Hutton obviously to thank for those three points today, and I also think Millar was excellent in the second half at helping us see out the win, but worth noting that Kerr, MacDonald, and McKay all had solid games again. All three are young lads which has me feeling (without getting too carried away) fairly optimistic for our future.