The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Roasters heckling players is something that'll always happen - it doens't matter if it's merited or not.  I remember some years ago someone giving abuse to someone-like-but-not-necessarily Kevin MacDonald who not only wasn't playing that day but had in fact left the club about a season before.  There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Dumbarton 2-0 win
Depends if they take it seriously or not [emoji849]
Roasters heckling players is something that'll always happen - it doens't matter if it's merited or not.  I remember some years ago someone giving abuse to someone-like-but-not-necessarily Kevin MacDonald who not only wasn't playing that day but had in fact left the club about a season before.  There's no rhyme or reason to it.
The absolute roasting Kevin McDonald used to get every single week sticks out in my mind.
Every.
Single.
Week.

The bus for this Saturday is almost full! Open to adults and non members alike. Not many kids supporters clubs in the country get this type of offer ! Everything free for the Aces....travel, food, entry to the game, pre match entertainment etc.... get involved and book up asap. Thanks to the Rock Bowling Club and Dumbarton FC for their assistance and generosity.

Image may contain: text

On 07/09/2019 at 22:47, Passionate said:

Roy seems a busted flush, head seems all over the place on the park.. Struggled badly to do the basics was alw ays  a high risk signing.....  

Had high hopes for him after he was touted as maybe being our Kevin Nisbet, but it's clear he should be back up just now.  

Gallacher and Smith need to be the partnership. Think Gallacher will surprise us with the number of goals he'll score.

Gallacher and Smith need to be the partnership. Think Gallacher will surprise us with the number of goals he'll score.

They first couple of games when he had Gallagher wide left I really hoped it didn't work so it would force him to play him through the middle. That was more a case of Murray trying to shoehorn Roy in regardless.

Then when he came on against QP and scored the equaliser I'd hoped it would result in a wee run of form.

The thing for me was scoring 16 goals for (with the greatest of respect) "not the best" Dumbarton team in memory last year.

We're due another "Allan Russell" or "Andy Ryan" so I'm hoping it works out for him.

2 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

They first couple of games when he had Gallagher wide left I really hoped it didn't work so it would force him to play him through the middle. That was more a case of Murray trying to shoehorn Roy in regardless.

That was exactly my thoughts too.

18 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Going around in circles here mate, we fielded or reserves for a very valid reason. We have way more important games.. 

Which begs the question, why sign up for a cup in which you have no legal  requirement to be part of if it’s not that important? Just don’t join. 

16 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

At the risk of interrupting the thread with my complete lack of interest in Bohemians...

Thoughts on Dumbarton game on Saturday? For me it has to be a good performance and a win and we start putting the inconsistency behind us. Going for 2-1 Airdrie that will come back to haunt me... will be my first game since Clyde

Not exactly a ‘must win’ game, more of a ‘we really need to start winning’ kind of game. Agreed we need a decent run and to shed the inconsistency. It’s a tight league and we are still in the mix. It’s early days but sooner or later a team will put a good run together and move clear at the top. I want it to be us for a change!

22 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

He never hides, he's creating chances for himself and he's the closest thing to a goalscorer we have.
Dale Carrick will chase everything down and work his socks off for the team but he's never going to be a 10+ goal striker.
Ally Roy's a local lad and I feel that's clouding folks judgement, especially the "older gents" I referred to that was apoplectic Roy was coming off before Gallagher.
See if he's scoring a goal or 2 most games, I couldn't give a f*ck if he falls over his own feet for 85 minutes.I'm delighted he's with us.
There's something honest about his game, he's a worker and he looks like he's trying all the time.

I'd love for Roy to come good exactly because of that but it's just not happening at the moment. Has some nice touches here and there and flashes of skill, his ball across for the first goal on Saturday was lovely, but it's few and far between. Most of the time he's just a ghost and not involved in the game whatsoever. Benefit of the doubt since he's stuck out wide most of the time? Maybe but I'm not convinced. Gallagher and Smith are far and away our best partnership upfront at the moment and I hope that's what Murray goes for again from Saturday onwards.

16 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

At the risk of interrupting the thread with my complete lack of interest in Bohemians...

Thoughts on Dumbarton game on Saturday? For me it has to be a good performance and a win and we start putting the inconsistency behind us. Going for 2-1 Airdrie that will come back to haunt me... will be my first game since Clyde

I know Dumbarton are 'good' now but I'd still be disappointed if we didn't win this one. Looking through the two squads, if we can't beat a team like that, then we don't deserve to be in the running for the promotion play-offs. 

3 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Which begs the question, why sign up for a cup in which you have no legal  requirement to be part of if it’s not that important? Just don’t join. 

Because they can pocket the cash from a tournament that they have never had access to previously. They'd be daft to turn down a free invite to collect some cash. I don't blame any of the foreign sides here, I blame the SPFL.

4 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Because they can pocket the cash from a tournament that they have never had access to previously. They'd be daft to turn down a free invite to collect some cash. I don't blame any of the foreign sides here, I blame the SPFL.