The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I had a look through that Airdrieonians team that got humped by Stenhousemuir just before Christmas - remember Daniel Boateng? Ooft!

I think oh f….k  would also sum up the Bo's time at Airdrie. Stenny did have some sort of hold over us -it is a pity from your point of view that they did not do it enough against others , especially Annan. Still look at your posts on L2 but unable to offer much insight this season. Can you escape and return to resume the competition next season. ( I don't see us being anywhere but L1) 

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I had a look through that Airdrieonians team that got humped by Stenhousemuir just before Christmas - remember Daniel Boateng? Ooft!

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I think oh f….k  would also sum up the Bo's time at Airdrie. Stenny did have some sort of hold over us -it is a pity from your point of view that they did not do it enough against others , especially Annan. Still look at your posts on L2 but unable to offer much insight this season. Can you escape and return to resume the competition next season. ( I don't see us being anywhere but L1) 

1 hour ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Arsenal’s Daniel Boateng!

It's hard to believe a player as unskillful and so lacking in awareness and footballing intelligence could come through (and make an appearance!) for a club as cultured as Arsenal. Big Bo tried his best but a career in professional football just wasn't for him unfortunately. 

Looking at the centre-halves we had that season: Boateng, Joe Gorman, Simon Mensing and Jordan McGregor. That must be pound-for-pound the worst collection of centre-halves we've ever had?

22 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

How's Smith been doing, seen he's had a couple of goals, how's his all around game been? 

works really hard, good player. was sceptical when we signed him but he's won everyone over.

I fair enjoyed that 2nd half.
Once this team can play a full 90 minutes I'm confident someone will concede a few to us.
Gallaghers as close to a goal scoring striker we have, Callum Smith is one of the hardest working players I've seen, he gives 100% every time and that goal from chasing down today was the least he deserved, hope he gets a few more.

I sit just in line with the 18yard line at the Craigneuk end, and the older boys who sit at the back of that section gave Gallagher it stinking the full second half. He's never going to be easy on the eye especially with that running style but if he gets chances he'll get shots away and inevitably score goals.
They went absolutely mental when the anonymous Roy was subbed and not Gallagher.
Cue "SeaGal" nutmegging the boy on the far touchline, cutting inside another 2 players and ripping one into the top bin, the definition of "you love to see it".
A better second half all in and now we hope for a decent away day.

I thought Bohemians played some nice stuff at times. Tried to take it down and pass it as opposed to our thump it long approach. Agree with Ammo that Roy was anonymous and that’s me being kind. He wants to watch Smith in particular his work rate and try to replicate it. The midfield is too slow and I think Roberts may have helped in there today with a wee bit more direct running from midfield. Bit unfair on Thompson asking him to defend as a wing back and the two goals conceded were down that side. It was right that Eckersley was brought on to shore up that side. Hey ho it’s a victory and still a lot of improvement required. Whens the draw for the next round?

I thought Bohemians played some nice stuff at times. Tried to take it down and pass it as opposed to our thump it long approach. Agree with Ammo that Roy was anonymous and that’s me being kind. He wants to watch Smith in particular his work rate and try to replicate it. The midfield is too slow and I think Roberts may have helped in there today with a wee bit more direct running from midfield. Bit unfair on Thompson asking him to defend as a wing back and the two goals conceded were down that side. It was right that Eckersley was brought on to shore up that side. Hey ho it’s a victory and still a lot of improvement required. Whens the draw for the next round?

Next tuesday at 12 i’m sure

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I fair enjoyed that 2nd half.
Once this team can play a full 90 minutes I'm confident someone will concede a few to us.
Gallaghers as close to a goal scoring striker we have, Callum Smith is one of the hardest working players I've seen, he gives 100% every time and that goal from chasing down today was the least he deserved, hope he gets a few more.

I sit just in line with the 18yard line at the Craigneuk end, and the older boys who sit at the back of that section gave Gallagher it stinking the full second half. He's never going to be easy on the eye especially with that running style but if he gets chances he'll get shots away and inevitably score goals.
They went absolutely mental when the anonymous Roy was subbed and not Gallagher.
Cue "SeaGal" nutmegging the boy on the far touchline, cutting inside another 2 players and ripping one into the top bin, the definition of "you love to see it".
A better second half all in and now we hope for a decent away day.

Poor Calum. That's exactly what he had to put up with us.

Like I said when you signed him, he is awkward and ungainly, but stick him upfront for a run of games and he'll score goals. The fact he works himself into the ground and never hides are just additional positives.

Roy on the other hand is a ghost.

Smith's our best talent up front, Carrick's our best worker, and Gallagher's our best goalscorer. I like Ally Roy but I've no doubt he's our fourth choice. I'd be happy to see him prove me wrong though. Think he looks much better up front than on the left though and to be fair to him he set up the opener today.