The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

19 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Dale carrick is a good football player and a team player he ain’t a goal scorer (yet!) but he tries 100% and basically runs about like Kante but upfront emoji23.png

I've always rated Carrick as a footballer if not a goalscorer. That's 2 goals in 2 games now though so hopefully he might be hitting a wee run of form. 

16 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Latest monthly podcast up.... we may have been a bit premature in questioning Callum Gallacher’s ability emoji23.png

Think SeaGal was always going to struggle if we persisted on playing him out wide. I hope that wonder goal merits a start upfront alongside Smith next week. 

Hope Eckersley's injury is nothing serious. 

On 16/08/2019 at 21:32, Diamond Oracle said:

I can see you are really struggling for goals at the minute

Ha it was the complete performance, bit of a grudge against them as we had lost the reverse fixture 1-0 despite dominating, their keeper then started giving it loads to the away fans which ended up with our captain shouldering the keeper and then followed every player jumping in. Our captain was banned for 4 games and the keeper for 6 games. So this game was a bit of sweet revenge for that. Yous aren’t doing too bad yourselves. I’ll be honest, if we win our cup game (we are favourites) on Friday, then the next round clashes with the fixture against yourselves. So not sure what’s going to happen (I know east fife all over again!!). Anyway good luck with your season lads 

18 hours ago, Bohemian FC said:

Ha it was the complete performance, bit of a grudge against them as we had lost the reverse fixture 1-0 despite dominating, their keeper then started giving it loads to the away fans which ended up with our captain shouldering the keeper and then followed every player jumping in. Our captain was banned for 4 games and the keeper for 6 games. So this game was a bit of sweet revenge for that. Yous aren’t doing too bad yourselves. I’ll be honest, if we win our cup game (we are favourites) on Friday, then the next round clashes with the fixture against yourselves. So not sure what’s going to happen (I know east fife all over again!!). Anyway good luck with your season lads 

No offence to you guys, but what happened last year was a total farce and it's farcical that the exact same scenario is (by the looks of things) going to be allowed to happen once again.  

14 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Josh Kerr's scored a brace for the reserves tonight. The goalscorer we've all been crying out for?

Nice to see him bag a couple. I think there's a player in there so hopefully a few solid performances for the reserves might get his confidence up again. 

2 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

Anyone at the game last night see any stand out performances?

I wasn't there but apparently Paul Lovering's son was playing for the Rovers :( 

Wasn't at last night's game but Kerr seems like he is probably above reserve level. Looked decent in the first team except one howler against Forfar. Even so it'll be difficult for him to push his way back into the first team with McKay and MacDonald coming in and looking good. Really big squad this season and a fairly strong looking bench.

Thoughts on Josh Campbell?

Are you lot signing him? Hibs seem to have hopes for him so there might be a player in there but if there is he's very raw and I'm not convinced he'd be ready for championship level. You never know though and it might be we played him out of position. Listed as a defender by Hibs but we mostly used him in midfield.

6 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Bohemians game on 7th September kicking off at 1pm. Probably something to do with ferry or flight times I would imagine.

Was there some concern about them having an Irish cup game that day or did I misread an earlier post? I would be quite happy at that KO time as I had some other plans on Saturday evening which might have been impacted by extra time and penalties!  Had a look at Bohemians "European" travel records and they are well ahead of us in historical terms. The game is of course played on the park and not in the archives, so I predict a win!