The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On 14/08/2019 at 15:56, stuartcraig said:

Dunno but, if the name is anything to go by, they’re either Czech or artists, musicians and writers.

Or vegetarians. 

On 14/08/2019 at 16:08, Victor von Doom said:

I used to live next to the ground and I used to go. They've a few lairy hangers-on - some older generation, but mainly youthful - though they're maybe not Section B class. Games v. Shamrock Rovers usually see disorder. They were traditionally amateur and fairly middle class. Still sort of looked down on by other clubs due to that. More Fine Gael than Fianna Fail and nowhere near as "Up the 'RA!" as Shamrock Rovers. Now they're unbelievably PC. Beards, Palestine, Save the Gay Rhinos, vegan option, soya milk in their capuccinos. I doubt they'll bring many. Maybe 100 if the weather is OK. With all due respect, Airdrie is hardly a day out. They're third in the league just now, but they're part-time - one of only three part-time teams in it. The other pair are the bottom two in the table. Likely pay similar wages to Airdrie!

Here's a dig at them from a Shelbourne fanzine. "Pisser Dignam's Field" was the name of the land on which Dalymount Park was built.  

image_2016-05-13_00-23-51.jpeg

That fair trade coffee sounds pretty good TBF. Any chance some could be brought over?

11 minutes ago, roger ram jet said:

What a shower you Airdrie supporters are, you all just slaughter the players who are vain enough to look at this shit and you wonder why they have no confidence, get a grip, the season is young

Get fucked, cock face.

17 minutes ago, roger ram jet said:

What a shower you Airdrie supporters are, you all just slaughter the players who are vain enough to look at this shit and you wonder why they have no confidence, get a grip, the season is young

Hello Kurtis Roberts/Mr Roberts/Mrs Roberts. 

Were you not the nerd complaining on the League Cup thread about 'neanderthals' shouting at opposition players during games? 

Bore aff. 

21 minutes ago, roger ram jet said:

Taking your point seriously for a minute though, you are right in that we are only two games into the season and everything could yet turn out rosy. Have some people over-reacted? Probably (I would say more so on Facebook rather than on here, here's probably where you get most serious thought and analysis when it comes to Airdrieonians Football Club. Probably). 

BUT - I think it is absolutely fair for fans to not have been impressed by what they've seen so far and then offer up their comments, reasons and analysis on here. It's a football fans' discussion forum, that's what it's for. Any player would surely know P&B is full of discussion and critique (whether rational, irrational, sensible or senseless) on the teams' performances. If they're not going to like it or be affected by it why read it? 

So yes, early days but I think it's fair enough for fans to not have been overly impressed so far by the teams' collective uninspiring performances. Especially when they've coughed up a fair whack on season tickets already or are paying £17 for the privilege at home games (money that pays your's/your sprog's wages btw). 

9 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

In local paper ,Airdrie have opted  out of race for Hearts striker Rory Currie  who has played 13 first games for Hearts,21year old maybe a bit to old for us,

Don't know a great deal about him but he scored 5 league goals last season which puts him second to Gallagher when matched up against our current strikers.

In my opinion we need to be looking at guys that scored 10+ last season. They don't grow on trees but I'd have felt a lot more comfortable with some kind of track record in the striking department. I thought Gallagher was going to provide that but the guy isn't getting a run as an out and out striker so far.

Bit embarrassing that we draw an irish team and instantly folk bring up the rangers and celtic P!sh . Whats next? Singing Rule Britannia and bringing nothern ireland flags to away games?.... 

They brought an NI flag to the Montrose game because Ally Roy played for NI at U21 level get your facts right before you spout pish

15 hours ago, roger ram jet said:

I'm afraid there is nothing 'Airdrie specific' about that. Fans of every other club in Scotland are the same. Go and look at the club threads of other clubs (I suggest you start with the Dumbarton one...).

Rightly or wrongly that is the environment of football. You are a hero when you play well and you will get applauded and praised, when you don't play well you will get criticised. If players can't deal with that then probably best they don't look at a football forum.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Signing a left-back seems odd considering we have a very competent one in Eckersley but, Murray does say in the article he can play anywhere on the left so maybe he's going to play on the wing? Reilly is described as a box-to-box midfielder on Accies' website which seems a shrewd signing. 

Hutton 

MacDonald Fordyce Crighton Eckersley 

Reilly 

Thomson     Hawkshaw/Roberts O'Reilly/McCann 

Smith  Roy/Gallagher

Subs - McKay, Wedderburn, Millar, Roy/Gallagher, McNeil, Hawkshaw/Roberts, O'Reilly/McCann/Carrick.

Edited by airdrieman

Signing a left-back seems odd considering we have a very competent one in Eckersley but, Murray does say in the article he can play anywhere on the left so maybe he's going to play on the wing? Reilly is described as a box-to-box midfielder on Accies' website which seems a shrewd signing. 
Hutton 
MacDonald Fordyce Crighton Eckersley 
                                      Reilly 
Thomson     Hawkshaw/Roberts O'Reilly/McCann 
                                    Smith  Roy/Gallagher
Subs - McKay, Wedderburn, Millar, Roy/Gallagher, McNeil, Hawkshaw/Roberts, O'Reilly/McCann
Could be that he was signed as a back up for Eckersley considering our only other option there is a wrong footed MacDonald, don't know about the other signing though seems Murray doesn't know who he wants in midfield