The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

A win and a defeat last season at Montrose so I am going to hazard a guess as a low scoring draw. Missed last week and only saw highlights which means I am reluctant to say much. My usual companions at games were not impressed but we are still sticking by our visit. Moving away from the bottom spot would ease my concerns. As to home record since the plastic surface I suspect it has not been as good as grass days, but neither have the squads been . We used to think the old Broomfield meant home bankers whilst Broadwood was barren times. Given that the majority of grounds are now plastic we should be able to adapt our game.  

Aye there was booing at full time on sat ,I think whoever it was ,they would just be disappointed ,and have been expecting a better show from us ,wouldn't do if every one was the same .some on here seem to be entitled to their opinion others are not ,while I'm on better mention I still  think we need a good centre back and a striker .maybe have a player in MacKay never got on on sat so don't know.

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye there was booing at full time on sat ,I think whoever it was ,they would just be disappointed ,and have been expecting a better show from us ,wouldn't do if every one was the same .some on here seem to be entitled to their opinion others are not ,while I'm on better mention I still  think we need a good centre back and a striker .maybe have a player in MacKay never got on on sat so don't know.

You're not getting it.....You must be a clone!..... You must be a clone!.... You must be a clone! (Get the idea?)

No diversity of opinion will be approved.

But please keep posting here JR as it both annoys the establishment and more importantly allows  opinions to be expressed that contradict the majority view of the clique.

8 hours ago, DiamondOwl said:

You're not getting it.....You must be a clone!..... You must be a clone!.... You must be a clone! (Get the idea?)

But please keep posting here JR as it both annoys the establishment and more importantly allows  opinions to be expressed that contradict the majority view of the clique.

Aye must be a clone ,every week same old journey to the game ,for years ,I only said once , I thought Jackson got to much room and time and thought the keeper maybe could have done better,surely someone else thought that ,The keeper is allowed to come of his line ,think a want  Rohan back ,opinion of a moaning twat clone .

19 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

A win and a defeat last season at Montrose so I am going to hazard a guess as a low scoring draw. Missed last week and only saw highlights which means I am reluctant to say much. My usual companions at games were not impressed but we are still sticking by our visit. Moving away from the bottom spot would ease my concerns. As to home record since the plastic surface I suspect it has not been as good as grass days, but neither have the squads been . We used to think the old Broomfield meant home bankers whilst Broadwood was barren times. Given that the majority of grounds are now plastic we should be able to adapt our game.  

I agree with that, but it could go any direction.

Should be an entertaining game and that’s the main thing.

Look forward to you coming to the Links Park.

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye must be a clone ,every week same old journey to the game ,for years ,I only said once , I thought Jackson got to much room and time and thought the keeper maybe could have done better,surely someone else thought that ,The keeper is allowed to come of his line ,think a want  Rohan back ,opinion of a moaning twat clone .

Hutton for me is a huge step up from Rohan but it's all relative I suppose. What both of them have in common is that they find it difficult to command a box due to being sub six footers. Look at the Forfar goalie on Saturday, competent and assured at set pieces which instills confidence in the back four. I'm sure this is not lost on Murray.

"Annoys the establishment" what are you on about mate?

We are blessed with McCallum. The guy is capable at much higher levels but I think Forfar suits his personal circumstances and he's a local lad. If Airdrie had got ahead un the first half I doubt they would have fell out of the game like they did. Fully expect Airdrie to settle and pick up the pace a bit in the league.

Hutton for me is a huge step up from Rohan but it's all relative I suppose. What both of them have in common is that they find it difficult to command a box due to being sub six footers. Look at the Forfar goalie on Saturday, competent and assured at set pieces which instills confidence in the back four. I'm sure this is not lost on Murray.

Notice the manager used Hawkshaw as example if new boy does well in reserves he will get chance to play in big team,Hawkshaw has already played at a higher level than most in our so called big team .,be better if our scouts went to some games at a higher level, rather than sit at surgery door waiting on  a young hopeful that has been injured to persuade him to join our reserves and if your any good you will get a shot in the our big team !!