The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Hope Murray isn't afraid to drop Crighton because he's captain. Was our only decent centre half last season but he's had a woeful time in this league cup group. Own goal against Thistle unlucky, but needlessly gives the ball away too often and was a bit suspect for Goodwillie's second on Sunday. Kerr has had shaky moments as well but so far him and Fordyce have looked better imo

You have noticed, yes thought it was between Crighton and fordyce ,this is where McKay will come in .Gallagher could be our answer upfront , that’s his job  put the ball in the net .

3 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Hope Murray isn't afraid to drop Crighton because he's captain. Was our only decent centre half last season but he's had a woeful time in this league cup group. Own goal against Thistle unlucky, but needlessly gives the ball away too often and was a bit suspect for Goodwillie's second on Sunday. Kerr has had shaky moments as well but so far him and Fordyce have looked better imo

would need to check, but from memory does Goodwillie not peel off Kerr and get the space in between Kerr and Crichton?

14 minutes ago, Moon said:

would need to check, but from memory does Goodwillie not peel off Kerr and get the space in between Kerr and Crichton?

From the highlights it would appear that if Kerr had stepped out then Goodwillie would have been offside. If anything Crighton was maybe guilty of watching the ball and not the man.

39 minutes ago, dextermorgan said:

From the highlights it would appear that if Kerr had stepped out then Goodwillie would have been offside. If anything Crighton was maybe guilty of watching the ball and not the man.

Yes , maybe frightened to touch him after him getting a pen .

7 hours ago, Diamond legend said:

I hope not I think Millar has played quite well this season so far I also have been reasonably impressed by the big lad Cowan so I would not play Wedderburn until he gets his fitness level knackered after half an hour.

I would agree with you about Millar but given Murray did not sign him, I wondered if he has the cojones to tell Nat to get fit for 90 minutes?

I hope not I think Millar has played quite well this season so far I also have been reasonably impressed by the big lad Cowan so I would not play Wedderburn until he gets his fitness level knackered after half an hour.

That is Wedderburn he’s always been like that he’s 15 stone of pure muscle how would you fell carrying that about?

30 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

You should have known better ,not be so good now , good defence???!!!!

A dodgy penalty let them back in. Then they should’ve been down to 10 men but the ref bottled it and only booked the guy for a two footed, off the ground challenge? 2nd penalty was fair enough and last goal a decent strike but think Hutton May be disappointed to not have saved it. Got a hand to it but still dipped in. Hamilton got lucky today and the ref was shocking. Shame we lost but I saw enough today to be confident for the league. 

Would be confident for the league , if it only lasted 45mins each game, got to sort out the fact that when we lose a goal another one will follow .missed the days match , at the others and we seem to play well in patches ,are the players not up to speed yet.going by early form we will not be in first three in league,

A dodgy penalty let them back in. Then they should’ve been down to 10 men but the ref bottled it and only booked the guy for a two footed, off the ground challenge? 2nd penalty was fair enough and last goal a decent strike but think Hutton May be disappointed to not have saved it. Got a hand to it but still dipped in. Hamilton got lucky today and the ref was shocking. Shame we lost but I saw enough today to be confident for the league. 

Wedderburn is absolutely a liability playing to deep to slow can't close opposition players down can't head a ball pretty similar to Conroy.I hope you are right to make playoffs is vital this season.I think referees Love give penalties against Airdrie same last week against Clyde.

4 minutes ago, Diamond legend said:

Wedderburn is absolutely a liability playing to deep to slow can't close opposition players down can't head a ball pretty similar to Conroy.I hope you are right to make playoffs is vital this season.I think referees Love give penalties against Airdrie same last week against Clyde.

You are right about Wedderburn,yes a bit bigger ,Conroy was the better player of the two .

Missed the start due to traffic scenario and the two goal lead, which means clearly I should have stayed away . Yet again the turning point was that very dodgy penalty decision. two guys challenging in the air for a ball/one goes down and its a penalty? Hamilton then dominated most of the second half until another handball penalty. I would like to watch it on highlights but it looked as if Gallagher (?) headed it on to his own arm but maybe I am wrong . That meant we had to attack for a win and the No 99 got the better of a bouncing ball and it was a cracking volley to deceive Hutton. I obviously missed the two goals but folks around me felt we deserved that lead at half time. As the group has played out we have had good spells but it is too early to judge our progress. Forfar have had a great start to their campaign and will pose a real challenge next week and all season. As to a Red card it was a shocker by Hamilton's No 2 and the ref was less quick to punish their defender for clearly pulling a shirt in their box, than his eagerness to award their penalties. On to the real contest now.

Cannot deny that we bottled it today but a very good showing against a premier league outfit and I'm hopeful for this season. I've said for a while that it should be us and Falkirk competing and it still seems that way. The bookies have Raith Rovers ahead of us but they've had a dismal league cup (pumped 3-0 off Cove today, fair play to Declan Glass getting the third). If anything I'd be more worried about East Fife and Forfar than Raith Rovers