The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

9 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

You only have to look at communication between the advertiser and the trust to see a few

I actually agree it was a misjudgement to go through the papers but i don't recall anything manipulative or any untruths.

5 hours ago, DiamondOwl said:

Fact: I am not and never have been a member of the Supporters Trust. I have never gone to any Supporters Trust events apart from the meeting with the Ballantynes after TW pulled his funding out. So please stop making up stories. I don't want the club to fail.

You may think there is no point to me, but I think my wife and family might disagree!

Your initial posts suggest otherwise.

12 minutes ago, StopAllTheBollocks said:

Your initial posts suggest otherwise.

Haha. Hilarious. Oh, you are so far off the mark. This is where adding 1 and 1 and making 3 shows you up as a conspiracy theorist!

I knew something of the details of the Wotherspoon takeover because of my professional life. Nothing whatsoever to do with the Trust.

But I'm not going to lose my job,  just to prove it to you. 

7 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

I have to agree that after a summer of briefing the papers etc, I cannot see how there can be a proper relationship anymore.

How can you if you’re worried the next thing you say will land on the Advertiser’s desk - and that’s just for starters.

The damage seems to be irreversibly done. The club has worked all summer throughout this to deliver a new team, and structure etc despite attempts to be dragged down.

We’re better set-up than we have been in years for the league and I have no agenda other than an absolute desire to see us do well again.

The Supporters club in its current format is done,  To be fair they came to the fore in desperate times for the club and helped to initiate the takeover . After that they got too involved in all aspects of the club,  and I am led to believe if it wasn't for the majority shareholder and main sponsor we probably we not be looking forward to this season if at all....      If the Supporters club was to reboot, the best approach would be an annual donation to the club no strings attached, maybe then more people would join...   

anyway enough of this negative pish,    do we realistically have a shot at glory this season , the bookies have us third favourites behind Falkirk and Raith i would guess that would be about right.

19 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The Supporters club in its current format is done,  To be fair they came to the fore in desperate times for the club and helped to initiate the takeover . After that they got too involved in all aspects of the club,  and I am led to believe if it wasn't for the majority shareholder and main sponsor we probably we not be looking forward to this season if at all....      If the Supporters club was to reboot, the best approach would be an annual donation to the club no strings attached, maybe then more people would join...   

Well said.   They are not welcome any longer.

34 minutes ago, StopAllTheBollocks said:

Well said.   They are not welcome any longer.

That's what disappointing, we ae far too small to be alienating any section of the support and especially a part that has been a major sponsor (if not the biggest) over the last 10 years. Pity a compromise couldn't be reached.

Edited by Kenny_m

anyway enough of this negative pish,    do we realistically have a shot at glory this season , the bookies have us third favourites behind Falkirk and Raith i would guess that would be about right.

I can see why Falkirk are strong favourites. They're a big team that's just came from the league above and they've made ambitious signings, but I fancy us over Raith Rovers. The fact that they've signed Joao and Kieran MacDonald (two players we've lost and improved on by the looks of things) has me feeling fairy confident we've got a better side than them this year. Falkirk are favourites for a reason but I think we're the team that can make it tough for them and challenge them all the way.

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

That's what disappointing, we ae far too small to be alienating any section of the support and especially a part that has been a major sponsor (if not the biggest) over the last 10 years. Pity a compromise couldn't be reached.

No one wants that scenario.   We do want them to stop all their bollocks.   

No one wants that scenario.   We do want them to stop all their bollocks.   

Are the bollocks not stopped? The advertiser article was driven by Mark Pirrie. The Trust should have have given a no comment in hindsight but Pirrie is a Trust member and had access to the info. No one as far as I believe approached them on the subject. The share issue was important - but the club ended that by giving the shares certificate. Credit there.

I don’t think anyone wants a fight now. There’s an acceptance that the relationship is broke currently. It won’t be repaired. The old guard will step down from the Trust though and hopefully new volunteers will come forward and those bridges can be built.

I think everyone is behind the club/team regardless. Anyone I know on either side doesn’t want failure. They should be given the work that’s been put in. GoT to name those those that aren’t that might be stirring it I’d think? We know people on here have had multiple accounts in the past. It’s not helpful.