The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

15 hours ago, 2lgm said:

I thought he was ok some decent passing and covered a bit of ground. Wouldn’t be adverse to giving him a season or an extended trial period. Not sure who he is tho.

James Cowan, same boy that played in the other friendly games. Seems to be getting mixed reviews. 

14 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

David Cox aka Pigeon Chest

Ah I see. Yeah I would tend to agree with you on that. Got a lot of love from Airdrie fans (PotY was he not?) for being a grafter but wasn't much more to him. No real quality whatsoever. Seemed to be one of those guys that became non-feasibly popular due to social media. He probably does a turn at bottom-half League 2 level though. Does some outstanding work on the mental health side of things so I have to give him his due there. 

13 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Side issue, did you see the fucking size of Jordyn Sheerin (14) when he came on. He's clearly been on holiday somewhere on an all inclusive deal and spent the entire 2 weeks at the buffet.

I'm 51 and in better shape than him (apart from the fucked ankles and knees). How the f**k any club allows a player to get in that shape and still pay him is beyond me.

He's always been a big laddie so I dread to think what sort of shape he's in now. 

Just read the stuff online about the supporters trust and DITC

is this the same as th community trust?

Diamonds in the Community is a new charitable organisation set up by by the Supporters Trust (the original ‘Trust’) which is independent of the football club.

The Community Trust was set up recently and is operated by the club.

9 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Diamonds in the Community is a new charitable organisation set up by by the Supporters Trust (the original ‘Trust’) which is independent of the football club.

The Community Trust was set up recently and is operated by the club.

So that looks like the supporters trust have set up a new charitable organisation to go in competition with the community trust?

That seems a bit bad, considering people are saying the community trust was set up to compete with the supporters trust.

45 minutes ago, Diamond Outsider said:

So that looks like the supporters trust have set up a new charitable organisation to go in competition with the community trust?

That seems a bit bad, considering people are saying the community trust was set up to compete with the supporters trust.

All very unusual goings on,   The Supporters Trust now seems to be an afterthought,   all the big hitters baling  out to the Diamonds in the Community Sunshine Club.   ....  The Supporters club had a pivotal role at the end of the TW reign and the ousting of JB.  What incentive is there now for members to renew membership and new members to join..  

Whatever happened to Andrew Barrowman? When he came in it seemed that all he needed was a bit of fitness and he'd be pushing in to the first team, but barely heard anything since.

I think people are getting somewhat carried away based on results against two of Scotland’s poorest teams.

The football club must be given credit for having a plan, keeping in touch with the fan base for a change, and making a lot of signings. I have two particular worries. Firstly, a significant number of the new signings fall into the category of young promising players who have not yet fulfilled their promise. Some of these players may fulfil their promise but others may not. Having several of these players in your team at the one time seems to me to be taking a bit of a chance.  The other worry I have is that we are very short of goalscorers.  I am absolutely sure  that the manager is aware of this. I accept that it is very difficult for our small team to attract proven goalscorers.

All in all, given that this is a more difficult league  than last year I am not as confident as others. As our lifelong fan I hope that I am wrong.

Barrowman is on the list of signed players on the O/S.

Whatever happened to Andrew Barrowman? When he came in it seemed that all he needed was a bit of fitness and he'd be pushing in to the first team, but barely heard anything since.

Kyle MacDonald as well. He came with a good reputation but hasn’t featured in any of our preseason squads.

I assume he is injured as he appears to be the only natural right back in the squad, so you’d think he’d at least feature on the bench.

You're right, I had completely forgotten about him! Didn't even click when Gallagher started at right wing back on Saturday.

Another couple in last night, we really really need a striker. Fingers crossed for something.

3 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Kyle MacDonald as well. He came with a good reputation but hasn’t featured in any of our preseason squads.

I assume he is injured as he appears to be the only natural right back in the squad, so you’d think he’d at least feature on the bench.

Strongly suspect he is the missing Number 2 in squad numbers & therefore prefered right back