The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

6 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Says he’s a right back but he played in midfield yesterday?

6 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Says he’s a right back but he played in midfield yesterday?

Par for the coarse ,no change there then .!!

Maybe need another striker but there is enough experience in our team. I aslo think if gallacher can score 8 in his last 10 in a shite Dumbarton team I can see him getting 20 or so for us. 

Edited by airdrie88

Noticed Glass playing for United v east fife   ,it was said they played a lot of the young lads ,maybe a chance getting  him back ,bit greedy but good clever player would be hard to bring in someone as good unless as mentioned on loan ,I would have him back ,any thoughts on him !

Noticed Glass playing for United v east fife   ,it was said they played a lot of the young lads ,maybe a chance getting  him back ,bit greedy but good clever player would be hard to bring in someone as good unless as mentioned on loan ,I would have him back ,any thoughts on him !

Didn’t think he brought very much to the team to be honest, showed glimmers of talent but very greedy on the ball

First impressions after last nights game. The defence aren't going to lose much. I don't think you'll get much better at this level. The boy from Brighton looks really composed and passing was excellent. 

Don't think that's going to be our first choice midfield. Sadly the trialist had a poor game. Caught in possession too often and too many miss placed passes. Might have just been a off game but based on that performance I wouldn't be signing him. Midfield looked much better when we made some substitutions. Especially when Hawkshaw came on. Think he could be a really big player for us this season. 

Up front Russell and Gallagher were decent and had a few chances. Although the man of the match for me was Roy (and not just because he's a Glenmavis boy 😉 ). Great work rate, strong and willing to run at defenders all day. When him and Carrick went up front they were causing their defence all sorts of problems with their work rate. 

Early days but seen enough to be quietly confident we could do alright this season. 

2 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

First impressions after last nights game. The defence aren't going to lose much. I don't think you'll get much better at this level. The boy from Brighton looks really composed and passing was excellent. 

Don't think that's going to be our first choice midfield. Sadly the trialist had a poor game. Caught in possession too often and too many miss placed passes. Might have just been a off game but based on that performance I wouldn't be signing him. Midfield looked much better when we made some substitutions. Especially when Hawkshaw came on. Think he could be a really big player for us this season. 

Up front Russell and Gallagher were decent and had a few chances. Although the man of the match for me was Roy (and not just because he's a Glenmavis boy 😉 ). Great work rate, strong and willing to run at defenders all day. When him and Carrick went up front they were causing their defence all sorts of problems with their work rate. 

Early days but seen enough to be quietly confident we could do alright this season. 

Agree on Roy. Looks a very decent signing and a massive upgrade on last year. Eckersley looked confident enough and the defence looked fairly solid. 

It's very difficult to take too much away from games like that as it wont be the starting 11 for the new season.

Thought we looked very patchy in the early stages and didn't see the gap in class I was expecting between ourselves and Rovers. In fact I thought they'd the better of the early exchanges - which probably bodes quite well for they're upcoming season, as I think we'll be certainly in the top half of the table.

Up front Russell and Gallagher were decent and had a few chances. Although the man of the match for me was Roy (and not just because he's a Glenmavis boy [emoji6] ). Great work rate, strong and willing to run at defenders all day. When him and Carrick went up front they were causing their defence all sorts of problems with their work rate. 

Who was the trialist??