The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

58 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

He’s an English lad, 21 years old. Mostly been on loan at English clubs but probably on Murray’s radar since he had a stint at Livi last year. See what those boys made of him. Probably get the chance to see him Tuesday anyway

Think he only played one game in his 6 month contract  or is that a different  Brown,about the days score. We won't come up against a striker as good as Dobbie in our league very often .

He’s an English lad, 21 years old. Mostly been on loan at English clubs but probably on Murray’s radar since he had a stint at Livi last year. See what those boys made of him. Probably get the chance to see him Tuesday anyway

Another defender/midfielder tho it’s a striker we need and a home strip

Another defender/midfielder tho it’s a striker we need and a home strip

Agreed. We need a striker and a bit disappointing the trialist wasn’t in that position. But there is still plenty of time. As long as we have someone in by mid-August. DoF might be right, holding off might be the best thing to do

1 hour ago, FLDiamond said:

Agreed. We need a striker and a bit disappointing the trialist wasn’t in that position. But there is still plenty of time. As long as we have someone in by mid-August. DoF might be right, holding off might be the best thing to do

Could be as well that we need to offload Page and Conroy, or wait for more loanees to become available, before getting other players in, although if they have this boy on trial they must be in a position to at least offer something. 

Think this is him here -  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brown_(footballer,_born_1998) 

Says he's a defender. I actually think we're pretty well stocked for defenders and as others have said we need another striker if anything. As I've said before I'd like another box-to-box type midfielder too but he doesn't seem to fit that description. 

Looking at TransferMrkt and Twitter he's a right-back. Seemingly he done well at Carlisle United on loan. Might be a good shout at right-back actually if they don't think Kyle MacDonald or Robbie Leighton are ready for the first team yet. 

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

Could be as well that we need to offload Page and Conroy, or wait for more loanees to become available, before getting other players in, although if they have this boy on trial they must be in a position to at least offer something. 

Think this is him here -  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brown_(footballer,_born_1998) 

Says he's a defender. I actually think we're pretty well stocked for defenders and as others have said we need another striker if anything. As I've said before I'd like another box-to-box type midfielder too but he doesn't seem to fit that description. 

Looking at TransferMrkt and Twitter he's a right-back. Seemingly he done well at Carlisle United on loan. Might be a good shout at right-back actually if they don't think Kyle MacDonald or Robbie Leighton are ready for the first team yet. 

Millwall website still has him down as one of their players with an updated bio for this coming season so might not be him unless it's a loan.