The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

37 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
41 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:
IMG_2423.thumb.jpg.8a2cff35a82775561dd18bc2c873677e.jpg who’s that lad behind 24? Thought it was Lewis toshney at first

Is that not edwards and Conroy behind 24?

Aye. Didn't notice anyone there who we haven't announced as signed yet although I could be wrong or might have missed them. 

4 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Robert Thomson Ex Morton player was training with us today

4 hours ago, Moon said:

He's been on the radar for a wee while I think.

Was he the big guy who played up front for Brechin in their good spell a few years ago? Worth a place in this squad based on what I remember but I could be wrong. 

Looks like we’re going with squad numbers next season going by the training shirts?

Every team from the first team down has the same training kit. They’re all individually numbered to make it easier to keep tabs on them. That’s all.

you'll get about 5 different answers.

not sure what his best position is, he's played full back, centre back, midfield. decent passer of the ball.

I quite liked him but to be fair he was never really good enough to be anything other than a bit part player. Might kick on if he can hold a position down with you guys.

2 hours ago, Citytillidie said:

We've just signed Sean mclntosh what's he like airdrie fans ?

2 hours ago, Moon said:

you'll get about 5 different answers.

not sure what his best position is, he's played full back, centre back, midfield. decent passer of the ball.

I quite liked him but to be fair he was never really good enough to be anything other than a bit part player. Might kick on if he can hold a position down with you guys.

^ I would agree with that. I liked him but think he should have dropped down a level a season earlier to get regular game time and find his best position. Composed and neat and tidy on the ball and a decent runner too. Not the biggest so maybe not ideal at centre-half but he's a good enough tackler too. 

Not sure what his best position is either. Needs a run of games to establish himself in one position which is something he never got under several managers at Airdrie. Definitely got talent though so hope he does well for yourselves.