The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

I've heard of him but can't say I know or remember much about him. Nice goal here though - 

That article in the Advertiser said they were hoping to announce two or three signings tonight so hopefully, there's more to come. 

Kris Doolan would have been a superb signing but can't blame the man for wanting to play at a higher level. 

36 minutes ago, 2lgm said:

Ally Roy, NI u21 international released by Partick. A tad under whelming.

A Tad ,  not  what's required,   we are in the hunt for Doolan and then unveil Ally Roy,   did the same player not go AWOL at Thistle at the end of last seas on.   Our strikeforce currently consists of Roy, Carrick and Russell hardly inspiring us  to get season tickets

He didn't get many chances with us tbh. Scored a perfectly good goal that got chopped off as well. Didn't really look all that good either it must be said, looked a bit lost during the brief appearances he had, hes got a lot of energy but a bit of a headless chicken, but he'll be capable of chipping in with 7/8 goals at that level. Not the number 9 you're probably hoping for but he'll be alright in league 1 and hes still quite young. I wouldn't say hes that much of a different player from Dale Carrick.

Edited by Firhill_Basin