The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

With Tuesday being the official opening of player registration for the upcoming season,  I expect as previously stipulated by our DOF on a recent podcast,  a flurry of experienced players joining the diamonds ranks..  Any more rumours doing the rounds.

Listened to Stuart Millar's OTL podcast and I was impressed. He'd eloquent and comes across well. The interview itself was informative and offered an interesting insight into the new season and the structure of our playing squad. Kudos to Stan for doing it and good to see the club being ambitious but also pragmatic which was one of the problems with our last effort at running a full-time squad. 

Possibly he has talked about this in the other podcast that I haven't got round to listening to yet but does anyone know how many of the coaching and backroom staff are full-time? I know Murray is full-time and Millar is part-time (as much as that role can be 'part-time'). I assume Fitzy and Prunty are part-time? What about the goalie coach? I would assume Murray would want someone working with him every day to bounce ideas off of, get their opinion on tactics, team selection etc and even just to share the workload on the actual coaching side of things. Plus with two full-time goalies, a full-time goalie coach or one who's at training more often than not would be helpful for their development. 

2 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

We’ve missed out on Kris Doolan but are due to announce a striker soon according to this: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrieonians-boss-ian-murray-rules-16495103.amp

ETA: anyone know who the players he’s work with before could be?

We should find out later on tonight. I'm hoping whoever they are  they're  a huge improvement on what was there before.

10 minutes ago, Nipper said:

He would.....but it looks like he won't be signing for anyone in our division which suggests he turned down league 1 rather than the club.

can't blame him tbf

1 hour ago, Red Diamond said:

Im going for Gallagher, Barr and Wedderburn.

I am going for Callum Gallagher (worked with at st mirren)..  Robert Thomson (ex Mortyon forward,  SM worked with  at Dumbarton) and Craig Barr (the player Murray wanted to work with). 

Come on who else wants a game of guess the signings this Monday evening