The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

I'll absolutely hold my hands up and say I'm on the clubs side with this one. My reasoning being the military style posting and slaughtering of the club at every turn, I don't want to be associated with those type of actions, believe it or not, I was fairly neutral on this up until recently. Whether people like that or not is up to them, everyone is entitled to their opinion but it must be remembered that there are faults on both sides.

*see Facebook for military style approach.

I do not believe that the majority of the posts on Facebook are representative of the views held by the Trust. And before anyone says anything, I’m not taking sides.

I think I might be one of the only folk who don't give a monkeys what's happening regarding the trust/club etc.
Airdrie will take to the field in the betfred cup, and me and the wee man will clap them on.
Could not give one f*ck about a few select words between the trust and club.
As long as there's no concerns like in 2001, then not interested

The last two posts sum up my feelings exactly. All that matters is the well-being of the club and what happens at 3pm on a Saturday. I’m not interested in anyone’s personal squabbles, vendettas or otherwise.

How do you ensure that there are no returns to the trouble of 2001 or the well being of the club when it's run as an autocracy and there is no oversight from other parties or for that matter no differing opinions allowed in the boardroom.

I'm the same as everyone else here in that I want a decent side on the pitch to watch and not at the expense of the general well being of the club. ST's go on sale and I'll be in there for mine, the wee guys and his pal's but it doesn't mean I can't voice concern at how I see things being run. The days of fans burying their heads in the sand about the running of clubs should be a thing of the past.

27 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

How do you ensure that there are no returns to the trouble of 2001 or the well being of the club when it's run as an autocracy and there is no oversight from other parties or for that matter no differing opinions allowed in the boardroom.

I'm the same as everyone else here in that I want a decent side on the pitch to watch and not at the expense of the general well being of the club. ST's go on sale and I'll be in there for mine, the wee guys and his pal's but it doesn't mean I can't voice concern at how I see things being run. The days of fans burying their heads in the sand about the running of clubs should be a thing of the past.

Best post on the subject. Bravo.

Good on you. I hope you’re a neutral. I hope you’re similar to many fans like myself who are bystanders getting scunnered with the embarrassment of the situation and some people’s posts on FB etc. I also hope you are pro-club and just want to see it thrive and have a winning team in the park. Ultimately that is what any fan should want. To see the team do well. 

I’m definitely pro-club. Anyone who is an Airdrie fan is.

I’m also pro-supporter because I have a massive amount of respect for the people, like my late dad, who have stuck with Airdrie through thick and thin. Even the moaning faced b*****ds.

As for owners, they’ll come and go. They’ll have my support as long as their actions benefit the club and its supporters but, for me, the jury is currently out on this one.

22 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

I’m definitely pro-club. Anyone who is an Airdrie fan is.

I’m also pro-supporter because I have a massive amount of respect for the people, like my late dad, who have stuck with Airdrie through thick and thin. Even the moaning faced b*****ds.

As for owners, they’ll come and go. They’ll have my support as long as their actions benefit the club and its supporters but, for me, the jury is currently out on this one.

I think that's a fairly accurate summary of how many fans feel about the current situation at the club.

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We've s igned Scott Stewart. Said when he was listed I'd have taken him, seems to have had a weird last year with you guys though, seemed to be a real favourite to a guy you were pretty meh about. How come?

I'm not sure that we ever figured out his best position.  In the 2017 - 18 season he seemed to enjoy running at defences from out wide and causing real problems, but we didn't see as much of that last season when he frustrated more than he impressed.

I still reckon there is something of a player in there if he can find the right team to bring it out of him.

15 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

What's MacDonald like? We've just got shot of a bomb scare on loan. Do we relax or maintain our levels of nervous tension?

Decent League One full-back who was probably a bit underated by Airdrie fans. Will get up and down the line and is good at driving forward with the ball, not so great at doing anything with it when he gets there though. If you are looking to build a side to challenge Falkirk I'm not sure he's going to add that much to what you had, but I've no doubt he'll do a decent job and certainly wouldn't say he is a bombscare.

16 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

What's MacDonald like? We've just got shot of a bomb scare on loan. Do we relax or maintain our levels of nervous tension?

The season before last, I used to panic whenever MacDonald received the ball in front of our 18 yard box.  He was a lot less prone to mistakes last season, possibly due to playing as the left side of a back 3.

A few others have already pointed out that he likes making forward runs from defence, which is fair comment.

I reckon he's a decent squad player at this level.