The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

From a personal point of view, the worse thing about the whole feud is I've friends in both "camps". There are good people on either side who just want what's good for the club. But rather than working together there are some folk that seem to be doing everything in their power to inflame the situation. 

4 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

From a personal point of view, the worse thing about the whole feud is I've friends in both "camps". There are good people on either side who just want what's good for the club. But rather than working together there are some folk that seem to be doing everything in their power to inflame the situation. 

Let's hope the "football" side of things starts well next season! My own opinion is that the club need to be bigger than personal feuds as fans are their customers. (Yes, i'm well aware that not all fans are supporters of the trust but we need everyone together)

1 hour ago, Tory Boy said:

This. There’s plenty people caught up in the middle, be it by knowning people in both camps or knowing none in either; just neautrals who want the best for their club. I am one of the latter. Agree though that it’s clear as day on the FB page that some people are inflaming the situation and I fear that it’s gone too far and bridges may have been permanently burnt. Why else would the club set up their own community trust? 

When legal issues arise and lawyers get involved, it never ends well. Very much seems like a divorce is in process. A very bitter and public one at that. 

Been looking at last years league table, need to aim to add a minimum of 10 goals, ideally 15+ to last years total.

Defensive record was pretty good, especially when you consider Murray didn't come in until late October. When you consider what looks like some really good defensive signings, you would expect that to continue to be positive.

Fingers crossed for strikers.

4 minutes ago, Moon said:

Been looking at last years league table, need to aim to add a minimum of 10 goals, ideally 15+ to last years total.

Defensive record was pretty good, especially when you consider Murray didn't come in until late October. When you consider what looks like some really good defensive signings, you would expect that to continue to be positive.

Fingers crossed for strikers.

Andy Ryan has resigned for dunfermline,   not too many quality strikers about at this level that are free agents...

Andy Ryan has resigned for dunfermline,   not too many quality strikers about at this level that are free agents...
Im always hopeful we'll stumble upon another Allan Russell & Stuart Noble partnership.
2 guys who had pottered about never really setting the heather alight anywhere, until being paired up with someone who they really click with.
Maybe if the "SeaGal" rumours are true, he might be the one.
I can live in hope.
I will always remember a goal Noble Scored, at home, I'm sure it was the challenge cup, either against Dumbarton or QP.
An absolute Thunderb*****d from about 25 yards, top bin.

2 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

Err, maybe to increase the amount of money raised through charity events coming directly to the club?

Love how you ignore the rest of the post & just focus on this one bit which can be used to portray the club board in a negative light again. Of course it’s a possibility but your suggestion is purely speculative with absolutely no evidence to back that up. The way I see it, the club and trust have fell out, the club see it as an irreconcilable relationship, therefore have set up their own community trust. Not saying it’s an ideal situation to find ourselves in but I don’t share your conspiratorial views. 

Love how you ignore the rest of the post & just focus on this one bit which can be used to portray the club board in a negative light again. Of course it’s a possibility but your suggestion is purely speculative with absolutely no evidence to back that up. The way I see it, the club and trust have fell out, the club see it as an irreconcilable relationship, therefore have set up their own community trust. Not saying it’s an ideal situation to find ourselves in but I don’t share your conspiratorial views. 
Get used to the selective viewpoints.

8 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:
23 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

That's going to happen until the Club give their version of events.

53 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Love how you ignore the rest of the post & just focus on this one bit which can be used to portray the club board in a negative light again.

I focused on the only question you asked, which was "Why else would the club set up their own community trust? "

I suggested an alternative explanation.

You agreed that it is possible that the explanation was correct.

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Of course it’s a possibility but your suggestion is purely speculative with absolutely no evidence to back that up. The way I see it, the club and trust have fell out, the club see it as an irreconcilable relationship, therefore have set up their own community trust.

That explanation is also speculation.

The fact that the community trust was registered in 2013 suggests that the actual explanation isn't as simple.

Not saying it’s an ideal situation to find ourselves in but I don’t share your conspiratorial views. 

I think "conspiratorial" either doesn't mean what you think it means, or you don't know my views.  Maybe both.

1 hour ago, Diamond8 said:

I love the way that people who accuse others of bias are never ever guilty of bias themselves.

I love the way that people who accuse others of bias are never ever guilty of bias themselves.
I'll absolutely hold my hands up and say I'm on the clubs side with this one. My reasoning being the military style posting and slaughtering of the club at every turn, I don't want to be associated with those type of actions, believe it or not, I was fairly neutral on this up until recently. Whether people like that or not is up to them, everyone is entitled to their opinion but it must be remembered that there are faults on both sides.

*see Facebook for military style approach.

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

I focused on the only question you asked, which was "Why else would the club set up their own community trust? "

I suggested an alternative explanation.

You agreed that it is possible that the explanation was correct.

That explanation is also speculation.

The fact that the community trust was registered in 2013 suggests that the actual explanation isn't as simple.

I think "conspiratorial" either doesn't mean what you think it means, or you don't know my views.  Maybe both.

Practically Every comment you’ve made paints the club as the ones in the wrong or up to no good, so I’m quite sure I know your views. I am neutral in this but fetting fed up of the constant sniping and negativity toward he club. Positive club communications are being shot down by many people who clearly have a bee in their bonnet. 

13 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

I'll absolutely hold my hands up and say I'm on the clubs side with this one. My reasoning being the military style posting and slaughtering of the club at every turn, I don't want to be associated with those type of actions, believe it or not, I was fairly neutral on this up until recently. Whether people like that or not is up to them, everyone is entitled to their opinion but it must be remembered that there are faults on both sides.

*see Facebook for military style approach.

This. 

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Practically Every comment you’ve made paints the club as the ones in the wrong or up to no good, so I’m quite sure I know your views.

And from that I'm pretty sure that you don't.

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

And from that I'm pretty sure that you don't.

Good on you. I hope you’re a neutral. I hope you’re similar to many fans like myself who are bystanders getting scunnered with the embarrassment of the situation and some people’s posts on FB etc. I also hope you are pro-club and just want to see it thrive and have a winning team in the park. Ultimately that is what any fan should want. To see the team do well. 

I think I might be one of the only folk who don't give a monkeys what's happening regarding the trust/club etc.
Airdrie will take to the field in the betfred cup, and me and the wee man will clap them on.
Could not give one f*ck about a few select words between the trust and club.
As long as there's no concerns like in 2001, then not interested