The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

The trust have done a great job in the past and I respect that but the way they have reacted and consequently behaved in recent months is embarrassing, there was absolutely no need to publicise the on goings by trying a hatchet job on the club to the local rag. Dress it up however you want but that's exactly what it was. I've little to no respect for the way things the trust has come across in recent times, there is a massive sense of self importance- ironically what a lot of people (mainly the trust and its members) berate the club and in particular PH for. People who have a different view from the trust and its members seem to be getting told on which side of the fence we should be sitting, not very charitable, is it?

“Hatchet job”. In no way can the use of that phrase be construed as dressing things up.

Supporters Trust may just be a coincidental group name but Trusts as originally set up by Supporters Direct had the objective of buying shares to gain board membership.  They have achieved board membership by handing over significant sums of money so in one sense they have achieved the objective (ends justify the means ?) . 

The fact there seems to be continual conflict between Board and Trust and that the Board seem to want to turn their back on easy money by “taking over” much of what the Trust we’re doing suggests the Board want as little interference in or knowledge of their business as possible.

It must be said that what I know of the set-up is what I read on this thread.

The fact there seems to be continual conflict between Board and Trust and that the Board seem to want to turn their back on easy money by “taking over” much of what the Trust we’re doing suggests the Board want as little interference in or knowledge of their business as possible.

I think you’re very warm.

17 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:
2 hours ago, Moon said:
Baffles me why you would sound so gleeful about a group of Airdrie supporters who have worked incredibly hard to support the club financially over the years, promote the club in the community, and help to make sure that match days ran efficiently, being excluded from the club.

I can only assume that your cognitive skills are somewhat lacking and that you have the human empathy of Patrick Bateman.

The trust have done a great job in the past and I respect that but the way they have reacted and consequently behaved in recent months is embarrassing, there was absolutely no need to publicise the on goings by trying a hatchet job on the club to the local rag. Dress it up however you want but that's exactly what it was. I've little to no respect for the way things the trust has come across in recent times, there is a massive sense of self importance- ironically what a lot of people (mainly the trust and its members) berate the club and in particular PH for. People who have a different view from the trust and its members seem to be getting told on which side of the fence we should be sitting, not very charitable, is it?

How have the Trust come across in recent times to upset you so? I'm not a member myself but do appreciate the effort and time these guys put into helping the club and community. There's lots of positives they've done which has helped shape how the club is seen by the wider public. Willie Marshall, who'd been nothing other than a gent when I've spoken to him, resigned his position without so much as a sideswipe at the club.  I don't know what "self important" individuals you've been talking to, because everyone I've spoken to have been nothing but perfectly pleasant. 

You've an interesting outlook of unquestioning loyalty, bought over by a couple of reasonable signings. The Trust would rightly be berated by their members if not discussing their options in the public domain. They've previously been slated as a closed shop of ITK individuals, but now get it in the neck for speaking out publicly? I don't get that attitude.

As far as PH is concerned, yes, he's absolutely entitled to his privacy and seems to have brought in Millar to do his com's. Again, I've no issue with that. However, given what we've gone through in the past I think fan representation is vital for a club like ours. We've had Ballantyne, Wotherspoon and now Hetherington put their models down, only the latter has yet to be tested, but the form is not promising. Some folk on Twitter suggesting that the Supporters Trust will be there to lean on if it all goes horribly wrong whilst simultaneously blithely batting away concerns regarding the current regime - that to me is the most ridiculous of positions to take. 

As I've said previously, if there's a title in the bag this time next year then it'll all be forgotten about and everything will be hunky dory for the overwhelming majority of the fan base. 

How have the Trust come across in recent times to upset you so? I'm not a member myself but do appreciate the effort and time these guys put into helping the club and community. There's lots of positives they've done which has helped shape how the club is seen by the wider public. Willie Marshall, who'd been nothing other than a gent when I've spoken to him, resigned his position without so much as a sideswipe at the club.  I don't know what "self important" individuals you've been talking to, because everyone I've spoken to have been nothing but perfectly pleasant. 
You've an interesting outlook of unquestioning loyalty, bought over by a couple of reasonable signings. The Trust would rightly be berated by their members if not discussing their options in the public domain. They've previously been slated as a closed shop of ITK individuals, but now get it in the neck for speaking out publicly? I don't get that attitude.
As far as PH is concerned, yes, he's absolutely entitled to his privacy and seems to have brought in Millar to do his com's. Again, I've no issue with that. However, given what we've gone through in the past I think fan representation is vital for a club like ours. We've had Ballantyne, Wotherspoon and now Hetherington put their models down, only the latter has yet to be tested, but the form is not promising. Some folk on Twitter suggesting that the Supporters Trust will be there to lean on if it all goes horribly wrong whilst simultaneously blithely batting away concerns regarding the current regime - that to me is the most ridiculous of positions to take. 
As I've said previously, if there's a title in the bag this time next year then it'll all be forgotten about and everything will be hunky dory for the overwhelming majority of the fan base. 
You just need to go onto the Facebook page and see where the self importance thing comes from. As for a few decent signings buying my loyalty? I've had this stance for quite a while now.

3 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:
6 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

You just need to go onto the Facebook page and see where the self importance thing comes from. As for a few decent signings buying my loyalty? I've had this stance for quite a while now.

Not on Facebook. Have no intention of doing so. I'll have to take your word for it that the Trust board give it large on there. Out of character IMO.

I think that if proof of the Trust Committee giving it large is posted it will need to be addressed. I await the proof.

We have already been liquidated once, and have been up more garden paths than a postie. Why any Airdrie fan would turn their nose up at some level of genuine fan involvement is beyond me.

Everything looks really good in terms of stability at the moment....what happens if that changes in 6 months? 6 years? 16 years? Who are the custodians of the club?

This is just insanity. Insisting on some level of fan involvement should be something that fans can unite around. Instead we've got folk rubbing their hands at the Trust being forced out, people ignoring the fans seat on the board not being filled since Willie resigned, people belittling the contribution and actions of people who have done so much for this club and the wider community in general. 

Truly bizarre, and I really hope that these people don't live to regret their actions or indeed lack thereof.

I think that if proof of the Trust Committee giving it large is posted it will need to be addressed. I await the proof.

We have already been liquidated once, and have been up more garden paths than a postie. Why any Airdrie fan would turn their nose up at some level of genuine fan involvement is beyond me.

Everything looks really good in terms of stability at the moment....what happens if that changes in 6 months? 6 years? 16 years? Who are the custodians of the club?

This is just insanity. Insisting on some level of fan involvement should be something that fans can unite around. Instead we've got folk rubbing their hands at the Trust being forced out, people ignoring the fans seat on the board not being filled since Willie resigned, people belittling the contribution and actions of people who have done so much for this club and the wider community in general. 

Truly bizarre, and I really hope that these people don't live to regret their actions or indeed lack thereof.
As has been pointed on a few outlets, there is only one party publicly bashing and creating a divide. That's clear for all to see.

On a squad building and hopefully a lighter note. Blair Spittal has been released from Thistle, would that be a step too far for us? Certainly a player that if we could offer decent terms would standout at this level.

2 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:
6 minutes ago, Moon said:

As has been pointed on a few outlets, there is only one party publicly bashing and creating a divide. That's clear for all to see.

Will be easy for you to provide proof then. 

Any thoughts on my other points?

2 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

On a squad building and hopefully a lighter note. Blair Spittal has been released from Thistle, would that be a step too far for us? Certainly a player that if we could offer decent terms would standout at this level.

Feels like he would be beyond us, but to be honest I didn't think we would be signing centre halfs from QoS.

I'd be delighted with a player like him.

Haha we def wont be signing players of that quality

The only people that can repair the relationship between the club and trust are those involved at the club and the trust but the way the trust are going about things is never going to repair the relationship. That's quite clear.

Just now, Diamond8 said:
9 minutes ago, Moon said:

The only people that can repair the relationship between the club and trust are those involved at the club and the trust but the way the trust are going about things is never going to repair the relationship. That's quite clear.

I've a feeling we could do this dance all night.

Lets just assume that you're going to continue to say variations of "The way the Trust is acting" "The things the Trust have said" and I'm going to keep saying "show me where that happened" and "where's the screenshot of that".

And people can test the absence of evidence on their own. 

Lets just assume that you're going to continue to say variations of "The way the Trust is acting" "The things the Trust have said" and I'm going to keep saying "show me where that happened" and "where's the screenshot of that".

The evidence is clear, if you cant see it then you must have very restricted internet or never pick up a newspaper. They went to the local rag which has undoubtedly caused a bigger divide. If you take a look on the Facebook page you can see what I can only assume if trust members making their own agendas and judging by some of the comments on post about the free season tickets for kids it seems that nothing but the trusts version will do. The club can do no right for these people.

4 minutes ago, Moon said:

"It wasn't what they said....it's the way they said it..."

9 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:
13 minutes ago, Moon said:

The evidence is clear, if you cant see it then you must have very restricted internet or never pick up a newspaper. They went to the local rag which has undoubtedly caused a bigger divide. If you take a look on the Facebook page you can see what I can only assume if trust members making their own agendas and judging by some of the comments on post about the free season tickets for kids it seems that nothing but the trusts version will do. The club can do no right for these people.

I don't read papers nor am I on Facebook. You are "assuming" Trust members are saying things.....so it's not the Trust, it's maybe Trust members.....

Quite thin gruel

Edited by Pesadilla

3 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:
6 minutes ago, Moon said:

so there was a newspaper article, that's true.  I've just read it again and it's very mild, but I can see how being seen to have broken ranks could annoy some people. Of course those people would be ignoring that the camps were removed the Trust in the first place. 

the rest of the stuff is assumption which is frankly inaccurate. I have commented that the new system means that my son will miss out so whilst it isn't bad, it's poorer than what the Trust provided. But it's not my role to prove your assertions, that's yours.