The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Don't know anything about the boy at all but a few people on the Facebook group saying that Motherwell fans speak quite highly of him. He's coming to the light side anyway so things can only be looking up from here. 

As for the League Cup Motherwell, Thistle (although anyone from that group of second seeds would be decent), Annan (away) and Albion Rovers would be tasty. Queen's Park or East Kilbride away are just down the road for me so both would be alright from a personal point of view. 

Dean Cairns heading to East Kilbride by the looks of things. I thought he'd maybe get a League 2 club but that's probably a good move for him. EK are on an upward trajectory and that's a level of football he'll be able to get regular game time and do well at. A lot of experienced players there (and diamond alumni) he'll be able to learn from. 

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:20, Chapelhall chap said:

Still not sure who are the FT and PT players but I await further round up in time for pre season games. The League cup draw would be ok if it were "new visits".

Not much in the way of "new visits" but at least the travel looks bearable. Hope we don't have to go to Hampden as the view/seating was duff or is it lesser Hampden which I have never been in?. Could be good atmosphere if it is Clyde home or away. 

Murray seems to be concentrating on defenders and midfielders, I thought strikers were our main weakness last season, only Arbroath had a better goals conceded record, but we only scored 9 goals more than Brechin!

17 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

Murray seems to be concentrating on defenders and midfielders, I thought strikers were our main weakness last season, only Arbroath had a better goals conceded record, but we only scored 9 goals more than Brechin!

I don't think the problem was out strikers - more the lack of midfield presence and service to them.

I’ve kind of lost track of some players in what’s going on. What about Carrick ? Is his contract up and we’re trying to negotiate a new one or  has he still got a year to go on his contract?  He’s certainly not been released nor is he on the transfer list .

Also, what’s the position about Creighton  ?

17 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Adam Eckersley will be a huge improvement on Kieran MacDonald if true.

Sounds very promising. In Murray we trust.

There’s been plenty moans on the Facebook page recently regarding the current signings lack of experience etc.

If we do sign Eckersley, how long do you give it before someone moans that he’s too old? 

1 hour ago, waysider said:

I’ve kind of lost track of some players in what’s going on. What about Carrick ? Is his contract up and we’re trying to negotiate a new one or  has he still got a year to go on his contract?  He’s certainly not been released nor is he on the transfer list .

Also, what’s the position about Creighton  ?

As per the Record article a couple of weeks ago, Carrick and Crighton are both signed up (part time) for next season.