The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

7 hours ago, Airdrie Minded said:

Incompetence covers it. Can you imagine if for instance Man Utd, Celtic or Rangers did likewise. There would be uproar. Announcing players before they sign for them then to go elsewhere really doesn’t happen all the time. I can’t believe you’re even suggesting it does. Absolutely ridiculous

Scandalous. Can’t wait for this drama to be back page of every newspaper, it’s such a terrible and incompetent thing to have happened. *please read the above with a sarcastic tone.*

7 hours ago, Airdrie Minded said:

He pin pointed Mcintosh. Offered him a full time deal so presume he was desired. Thought he had him. Something happened, he fucked off.

There’s backing the club and then there’s ignoring shit that’s happening in front of you. E.g. O’Neil left apparently for money but signed for Stenhousemuir. There’s a picture being painted.

Having said that I’m realistic. I presume we’ll go with kids and left overs. Get behind them. However don’t think we’re chucking money at this. No shame in that, where would it come from after all. Let’s not pretend/think otherwise though.

We can all pretend/think what we want.

heres an idea. Let’s wait until we’ve signed up our whole squad before slating it or making assumptions about it and our budget etc. Let’s see how that idea pans out amongst our patient fan base....

3 hours ago, Airdrie Minded said:

We can’t retain who we want (picture is we’re not competitive). 2 clear examples so far. And apart from a squad of teens we’ve not signed anyone (Queen’s Park amateur and Jimmy Naecunt today aside). The o’Neil thing is a funny one. Turns down a £25 pay rise and folk lose their shit. Off for more money we hear. Signs for stenhousemuir then apparently he’s a bit daft and it’s alluded he’s made a mistake. In reality I’m sure he’s looked after himself and done ok. This new regime so far is dubious (announcing players as signed that have moved on). I hope they win it back but not impressed so far.

How do you know it was £25 more? Or don’t you and you’re just guessing/making shit up? Another example of Airdrie fans looking for any opportunity to get stuck into the club. 

Yes it’s been years of misery, but let’s not continue to compound this with a preseason of gloom and negativity.

Nobody knows if the two new signings will be good or not. Nobody knows who else we might sign. Nobody knows how we will fair next season. However people are quick to judge and say how shit everything is. Depressing as f**k. 

Hows about we give the management team a fucking chance to sign a full team and see how they do? Crazy idea eh? Back the club?  The club we all make out we support?

Or should we just continue to make unfounded claims of despair? 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

By rushing in and signing 10 players to appease the fans? Yeah good way to go. 
Aye, that worked a treat lasts year.

I used to be VERY negative on here and the stomp years ago, maybe its just since I've hit "mid 30's" or a couple a kids that's chilled me out.
But I'm really not fussed by anything that's happened so far.
I still stand by my original statement when Murray came in, I'm reserving judgement until a quarter of the season 19/20 is played.
We've signed 2 "new" guys so far, big deal, lots of transfers to be done and im fairly confident there will be "bigger names" to come.
I'm not unrealistic to think there's going to be guys dropping straight out the premiership down, but I trust Millar, and his track record enough to think that he's got enough experience of finding the very best player the budget can support.
I've always hated happy clappers who can't see the woods for the trees, but I think the negativity so far has been blown out of proportion.
Chill out, yeah ......
2015DavidBrent_TheOffice_16_041215-920x610.jpg

7 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

And?

And I don't think that something that happened 30 years ago means we shouldn't be a bit embarrassed about announcing that we were delighted about re-signing a player who hadn't actually signed for us?

That's really the extent of my point......I'm not calling for public executions here.

And for all my criticism (after the fact) of the signings that we made last year, from memory I'd say that all of them were announced with a picture of them signing the actual deal, or a picture taken after they'd signed a deal. I think we should go back to that model and keep things nice and tight.

I used to be VERY negative on here and the stomp years ago, maybe its just since I've hit "mid 30's" or a couple a kids that's chilled me out.
I still stand by my original statement when Murray came in, I'm reserving judgement until a quarter of the season 19/20 is played.
We've signed 2 "new" guys so far, big deal, lots of transfers to be done and im fairly confident there will be "bigger names" to come.
I'm not unrealistic to think there's going to be guys dropping straight out the premiership down, but I trust Millar, and his track record enough to think that he's got enough experience of finding the very best player the budget can support.
I've always hated happy clappers who can't see the woods for the trees, but I think the negativity so far has been blown out of proportion.
Chill out, yeah ......
2015DavidBrent_TheOffice_16_041215-920x610.jpg.adc0d5759f9978f603de8ab7466408e8.jpg
But that doesn't fit in the with personalities that continually take a stab at the club, it's like a one sided mud slinging contest- I wonder what if these people are linked to a certain faction within the club.

15 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:
1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Chill out, yeah ......
2015DavidBrent_TheOffice_16_041215-920x610.jpg.adc0d5759f9978f603de8ab7466408e8.jpg

But that doesn't fit in the with personalities that continually take a stab at the club, it's like a one sided mud slinging contest- I wonder what if these people are linked to a certain faction within the club.

Are Airdrie a big enough club to have “factions”?

15 hours ago, Airdrie Minded said:

He pin pointed Mcintosh. Offered him a full time deal so presume he was desired. Thought he had him. Something happened, he fucked off.

There’s backing the club and then there’s ignoring shit that’s happening in front of you. E.g. O’Neil left apparently for money but signed for Stenhousemuir. There’s a picture being painted.

Having said that I’m realistic. I presume we’ll go with kids and left overs. Get behind them. However don’t think we’re chucking money at this. No shame in that, where would it come from after all. Let’s not pretend/think otherwise though.

Something happened with McIntosh...yes he most likely got offered a better deal elsewhere! As my previous point, that will happen all the time with players. 

As for O'Neil, has he maybe tried to play hardball with the club in the hope of getting a bigger contract? Then when he realised it wasn't forthcoming he's had to go find himself something else? Or does that not fit your narrative about the current regime? 

The only picture I can see being painted here is that we're not making the same mistakes as last season by offering average players more than what they are worth. If that means we lose out on some players then so be it....there's plenty more out there of the same standard. 

Edited by DiamondJack85

Ooft. That sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Can’t be having that.

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Chill out, yeah ......
2015DavidBrent_TheOffice_16_041215-920x610.jpg

Ffs  not somebody posting that makes sense and has a semi positive view on the close season..   Down with this sort of thing.   

1 minute ago, stuartcraig said:

https://www.airdriefc.com/update-260519

Club update on

recent issues

Some clarity on the McIntosh issue...hopefully that puts off the public execution from some. 

So Robertson, Victoria and Cairns are away and we've accepted an offer for MacDonald. Good to see more of last years squad being cleared out...must be proving harder to shift Conroy and Page from their over the top contracts.

Slowly but surely looks like things are progressing in the background.

6 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Ffs  not somebody posting that makes sense and has a semi positive view on the close season..   Down with this sort of thing.   

Ban that man for even suggesting we wait longer than a few weeks before the pitchforks are out!!