The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On a completely separate point, with Cove winning the battle of "the wee Rangers" at the weekend, Berwick become the third of the 16 teams that voted against our league status in 2002 to lose theirs.  At this rate all 16 will be gone by around 2120...

Who were the teams that did out of curiosity?

1 hour ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

On a completely separate point, with Cove winning the battle of "the wee Rangers" at the weekend, Berwick become the third of the 16 teams that voted against our league status in 2002 to lose theirs.  At this rate all 16 will be gone by around 2120...

All very Rangersy.

13 hours ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

What are you on about?  Two cracking goals from outside the box from young Roberts...the first from about 25 yards with his left foot and the second from about 35 yards with his right.  How many Airdrie players have you seen do that last season?

Was impressed by his strikes ,as you say not many of the present squad  would be capable.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Still, holding grudges over it for 20 years and being gleeful when clubs get relegated is not a good look.

Where have you been?  Bitterness, grudges and gloating at the misfortune of other teams is  at least half of what football is all about.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Still, holding grudges over it for 20 years and being gleeful when clubs get relegated is not a good look.

Tell you what - when every P&B poster agrees to stop posting the "you are the bankies in disguise" and similar boring  jibes we will stop holding grudges and being gleeful when clubs get relegated, deal??

11 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

Tell you what - when every P&B poster agrees to stop posting the "you are the bankies in disguise" and similar boring  jibes we will stop holding grudges and being gleeful when clubs get relegated, deal??

I prefer to rise above childish schadenfreude.

Except when it's Ayr.

10 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Who were the teams that did out of curiosity?

The three teams that voted against Airdrie that are now gone from the SPFL are Clydebank, East Stirlingshire & Berwick Rangers.  The other 13 are: Alloa Athletic, Arbroath, Ayr United, Clyde, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, East Fife, Greenock Morton, Inverness Caley Thistle, Queen of the South, St Mirren, St Johnstone & Stranraer.

For balance the goodies were: Albion Rovers, Brechin City, Falkirk, Forfar Athletic, Hamilton Accademicals, Montrose, Queens Park, Raith Rovers, Ross County, Stenhousemuir & Stirling Albion.

It was Airdrie's league place and had we not been denied it then we wouldn't have had to take Bankies' spot - remember there was no pyramid at the time.  When Rangers went bust I noticed that they weren't required to compete against anyone else to rejoin the league, although denying them would have been just as wrong as it was to deny us.

I know it is 17 years ago, but it that time I had already been an Airdrie fan for over 30 years and had these teams had their way I would have had no team to support since 2002.  I still always want the teams in the first list to lose, even  if they are playing against the ugly sisters.

Edited by DiamondDownSouth
Edited to add: Re-reading my post I don't think I got the tone quite right. I have nothing against the fans of these teams only the decision taken by their Chairmen in 2002.

The three teams that voted against Airdrie that are now gone from the SPFL are Clydebank, East Stirlingshire & Berwick Rangers.  The other 13 are: Alloa Athletic, Arbroath, Ayr United, Clyde, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, East Fife, Greenock Morton, Inverness Caley Thistle, Queen of the South, St Mirren, St Johnstone & Stranraer.
For balance the goodies were: Albion Rovers, Brechin City, Falkirk, Forfar Athletic, Hamilton Accademicals, Montrose, Queens Park, Raith Rovers, Ross County, Stenhousemuir & Stirling Albion.
It was Airdrie's league place and had we not been denied it then we wouldn't have had to take Bankies' spot - remember there was no pyramid at the time.  When Rangers went bust I noticed that they weren't required to compete against anyone else to rejoin the league, although denying them would have been just as wrong as it was to deny us.
I know it is 17 years ago, but it that time I had already been an Airdrie fan for over 30 years and had these teams had their way I would have had no team to support since 2002.  I still always want the teams in the first list to lose, even  if they are playing against the ugly sisters.

It’s not that they wanted Airdrie to exit the league (though conspiracy theorists would tell you it was a stratagem to rid the league of Clydebank), it’s the fact that they wanted to elect Gretna.

Fucking Gretna!

Season's finished a week and Airdrie Twitter does it's annual Chernobyl because we've signed four young laddies.

Fortheloveoffuck, Airdrie.....wait at least a fortnight before popping your lids.

Probably guilty over here but when they teased signing news I expected something like today’s 🤣