The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

5 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Anybody on here at the Trust POTY/Hall of Fame Inductions/Charity Night in the Workman’s last night?

I wasn't there but Hutton was PotY, Edwards YPotY, Norrie Anderson and George Caldwell were the Hall of Fame inductees and Ian McMillan received a special recognition award. Sounded like a good night by all accounts. 

After watching the video Airdrie put on twitter of all the goals this season i hope Murray gives Joao another run out. Some of the goals he created and scored is something we started to miss towards the end.

Absolutely no chance.

After watching the video Airdrie put on twitter of all the goals this season i hope Murray gives Joao another run out. Some of the goals he created and scored is something we started to miss towards the end.

Never in a million Sunday’s I’m surprised he’s not released or transfer listed

No. Although Broadwood is in Cumbernauld which is North Lanarkshire, Clyde are from Rutherglen.

I realise that, but are they not going to be the closest team to you now???

I wouldn’t call it a derby

Well tough, they're your pals now, you can have them and that's who you'll be playing at Xmas/New Year!!!

Enjoy!!!

20 minutes ago, Diamondatheart said:

will still be the wee rovers just down the road at clifftonhill

I did mean in this Division!!!

12 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Anybody on here at the Trust POTY/Hall of Fame Inductions/Charity Night in the Workman’s last night?

I was at it and it was a fair turn out in number terms. I missed last year in Stadium and I suspect more were at the one I went to 2 years ago. As said David Hutton/Josh Edward got the awards and stressed that they were also disappointed at missing out/not achieving what had been sought. The highlights of the evening were seeing most of the 1975 Cup team  whilst players of a later era were there as well. There was a good Q/A with the 75 Cup team and manager Mr McMillan.  It was a tribute evening to Ian who spoke of his 60+ years involvement with the Club.George Caldwell and Norrie Anderson inducted into the Hall of fame with Norrie saying more about how much he valued his time here until Ally Mcleod sent him on his way ( only to reappear 6 months later as Ayr boss!) .  The meal itself was very good and the Bar was always busy!  It managed to avoid the sense of the differences between the Trust and Board.

2 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I was at it and it was a fair turn out in number terms. I missed last year in Stadium and I suspect more were at the one I went to 2 years ago. As said David Hutton/Josh Edward got the awards and stressed that they were also disappointed at missing out/not achieving what had been sought. The highlights of the evening were seeing most of the 1975 Cup team  whilst players of a later era were there as well. There was a good Q/A with the 75 Cup team and manager Mr McMillan.  It was a tribute evening to Ian who spoke of his 60+ years involvement with the Club.George Caldwell and Norrie Anderson inducted into the Hall of fame with Norrie saying more about how much he valued his time here until Ally Mcleod sent him on his way ( only to reappear 6 months later as Ayr boss!) .  The meal itself was very good and the Bar was always busy!  It managed to avoid the sense of the differences between the Trust and Board.

Any signing rumours ,  will Hutton resign surely someone asked him.