The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, Diamond8 said:
3 hours ago, Tory Boy said:
Facebook has went nuts recently with loads of folk having their accounts deleted.

Trust airdrie fans to think of some conspiracy against them.

Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean everyone’s not out to get me!

6 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Sure I read something Ross posted about it being a copyright issue. Not sure if Willie’s issue was the same or not. Might just have been a freak coincidence.

If it was the same reason, raises the question of what was the copyright issue and who raised it. 

Doubt we will ever find out to be honest. Won’t stop the speculation though. 

Ross posted something that sparked a copyright claim from the BBC which led to his profile being permanently deleted. Willie still has his Facebook profile so he must just not like the person that claimed it had been deleted IMO. 

As for signings, the season's not even over yet FFS. Give them a chance. 

1 hour ago, Spanish Armada said:

I’m more champing at the bit for “We’ve agreed the return of Andy Ryan and also Striker Nathan Austin has put pen to paper on a deal”

I first read that as Nathan Blockley. Was gonna PM you to ask where you got the wacky backy from :P

Ross posted something that sparked a copyright claim from the BBC which led to his profile being permanently deleted. Willie still has his Facebook profile so he must just not like the person that claimed it had been deleted IMO. 
As for signings, the season's not even over yet FFS. Give them a chance. 

We were half a team in by noo,it’s gon doon hill

SACK THE BOARD

34 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

SACK THE BOARD

34 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

SACK THE BOARD

I actually think the next steps will take some time. As was said, the season isn’t finished yet. Then we have to try and get rid of those we want to go and that won’t be easy. We may need to see how that goes before knowing how much we can pay in wages to anyone who comes in.

I also can’t get over excited about a possible return of Ryan. He was great for us but has hardly managed to get on the park in the last 2 years. He has also had a long injury lay off. It would be over optimistic to think he would start where he left off if he came back.

I actually think the next steps will take some time. As was said, the season isn’t finished yet. Then we have to try and get rid of those we want to go and that won’t be easy. We may need to see how that goes before knowing how much we can pay in wages to anyone who comes in.
I also can’t get over excited about a possible return of Ryan. He was great for us but has hardly managed to get on the park in the last 2 years. He has also had a long injury lay off. It would be over optimistic to think he would start where he left off if he came back.

30 Goals in 48 games is worth a punt,Every player gets injured some don’t come back from it some do, a good preseason behind him and he’s the Andy Ryan we all know and love [emoji813]️IMG_0831.jpg

30 Goals in 48 games is worth a punt,Every player gets injured some don’t come back from it some do, a good preseason behind him and he’s the Andy Ryan we all know and love [emoji813]️IMG_0831.thumb.jpg.9327b88e12b103d6525e7d79c9b0c3c3.jpg

Where is this talk coming from. Is this just someone’s fantasy wish-list or a semi-serious possibility?

15 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

30 Goals in 48 games is worth a punt,Every player gets injured some don’t come back from it some do, a good preseason behind him and he’s the Andy Ryan we all know and love emoji813.pngIMG_0831.jpg

What would you have us do?  Take a chance on his injury, give him a 2 year contract and possibly find out he’s not half the player he was? IMO far too risky given the expensive mistakes we’ve made recently. 

1 hour ago, waysider said:

What would you have us do?  Take a chance on his injury, give him a 2 year contract and possibly find out he’s not half the player he was? IMO far too risky given the expensive mistakes we’ve made recently. 

Why would you have to give him a two year contract? 

3 hours ago, Moon said:

Murray clearly doesn't fancy him going from his comments. 

That does not surprise me,Andy Ryan would be better on one leg than what we have been playing since he left ,

3 hours ago, Moon said: