The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Wasn’t Stewart wanting to stay P/T in order to become a PE teacher? Guessing that’s stopped if he’s going FT with Airdrie or if someone else buys him.

His Dad Sandy is still at Ayr so I’m wondering if he’s good enough for the Championship?

Wasn’t Stewart wanting to stay P/T in order to become a PE teacher? Guessing that’s stopped if he’s going FT with Airdrie or if someone else buys him.

His Dad Sandy is still at Ayr so I’m wondering if he’s good enough for the Championship?

It’s a mixture of F/T and Part Time so I’m sure he’ll be staying part time because of his work and he’s no where near good enough for the championship he’s only good enough for league 1

We're having part time players too so the staying part time wouldn't be the issue. By the sound of it the issue of staying part time on his current deal which the club want to renegotiate (probably in their favour) and he doesn't. Which he's entitled to do seeing as that's the whole point of a contract.

Don't quote me on this, but Joma tend to print a design on the front panel of the kit, with the rest of it left stock. So I'd imagine that your diamond will become a chevron...

Or we get the full diamond on the front [emoji38]

Can anyone shed any light on the boy we signed from Forth ,it does say he has signed  full time .one post thinks we may have signed him for reserves  seems a strange one ,unless of coarse he is a  super prospect !! 

He is a local lad who I’m sure has played with the club previously in the academy. He has also played with Gartcairn.

On 10/05/2019 at 17:14, Jack Reed said:

Can anyone shed any light on the boy we signed from Forth ,it does say he has signed  full time .one post thinks we may have signed him for reserves  seems a strange one ,unless of coarse he is a  super prospect !! 

22 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

He is a local lad who I’m sure has played with the club previously in the academy. He has also played with Gartcairn.

That's correct. I would imagine he'll be in the reserves and/or U18s. Our reserve team is made up of guys from our youth system and young local junior players. He obviously fits both of those profiles perfectly. You never know though he could be a real prospect. Last time we won this league we signed Willie McLaren from a similar level...

That's correct. I would imagine he'll be in the reserves and/or U18s. Our reserve team is made up of guys from our youth system and young local junior players. He obviously fits both of those profiles perfectly. You never know though he could be a real prospect. Last time we won this league we signed Willie McLaren from a similar level...

Willie McLaren wasn’t playing for anyone when we signed him his mate was actually on trial and they asked him to join in and he was the one that actually got signed not his mate

2 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Willie McLaren wasn’t playing for anyone when we signed him his mate was actually on trial and they asked him to join in and he was the one that actually got signed not his mate

That's maybe technically true but he had played at that level before we signed him. As an aside, he's back at Benburb who won promotion this season with Paul Lovering as manager. 

32 minutes ago, waysider said:

On I separate issue I noticed that both Willie Marshall  and Ross Owen  have had their Facebook pages deleted .  Does anyone know how and why that happens?  Is there anything sinister in it ?

Sure I read something Ross posted about it being a copyright issue. Not sure if Willie’s issue was the same or not. Might just have been a freak coincidence.

If it was the same reason, raises the question of what was the copyright issue and who raised it. 

Doubt we will ever find out to be honest. Won’t stop the speculation though.