The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On 5/8/2019 at 12:18, Roger Thornhill said:

Club Statement:

"In addition to the five players who were allowed to leave on expiry of their contracts, the club have made a number of others available for transfer.

Defenders Jonathan Page and Scott Robertson, midfielders Dean Cairns and Ryan Conroy, and striker Joao Victoria have all been placed on the transfer list in light of the upcoming changes to the squad set-up at the club. All Championship, League One and League Two clubs have been notified of their availability.

Defender Kieran MacDonald and midfielder Scott Stewart, although part of the manager’s plans for next season, have also been listed as available due to the pair entering the final year of their contracts."

Having seven first team players on the transfer list at this level of the game is mental; what's the credible plan if clubs aren't interested in taking them off your books?

It underlines the stupidity of handing out more than one-year deals to any seaside league haddy in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Elgindiamond said:

"made to ensure the famous Diamond feature takes pride of place on the front of the kit."

i

Is it just me or are we getting a strip with a V in the front and a plain back. Not a Diamond then......

Don't quote me on this, but Joma tend to print a design on the front panel of the kit, with the rest of it left stock. So I'd imagine that your diamond will become a chevron...

51 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Don't quote me on this, but Joma tend to print a design on the front panel of the kit, with the rest of it left stock. So I'd imagine that your diamond will become a chevron...

Yeh!

We're changing our name to, you've guessed it. "The Chevrons"

Re: Stewart and MacDonald, my understanding now is that the club wanted to re-negotiate their respective contracts which neither agreed to. Both are free to find other clubs but the door at Airdrie remains open.

3 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Re: Stewart and MacDonald, my understanding now is that the club wanted to re-negotiate their respective contracts which neither agreed to. Both are free to find other clubs but the door at Airdrie remains open.

Inside info???

3 hours ago, Elgindiamond said:

"made to ensure the famous Diamond feature takes pride of place on the front of the kit."

i

Is it just me or are we getting a strip with a V in the front and a plain back. Not a Diamond then......

I see what you mean but I think it's just poorly worded. Fucking hope so anyway. 

I see what you mean but I think it's just poorly worded. Fucking hope so anyway. 

The fact the statement says it will be custom made suggests you’re right about the clumsy wording and it’s folk putting 2 + 2 together and making 5.

I’m sure it’ll be the Diamond we’re used to.

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Can anyone shed any light on the boy we signed from Forth ,it does say he has signed  full time .one post thinks we may have signed him for reserves  seems a strange one ,unless of coarse he is a  super prospect !! 

Sure i read he is only 17. Hopefully is a super prospect